Mike Bakas analysis of Davis

Advertisement
Thought this was hilarious, had to share it . . . this is why Pete rising so fast

What may concern you: As talented as Davis is, he lacks breakaway speed -- especially for someone who weighs under 200 pounds. He ran a 4.64/40 at a Nike event earlier this year and you don't really see true home run hitting ability when watching his film. He also wasn't even the leading rusher on his own high school team last season, as a sophomore teammate had more yards on the season (Davis finished last season with 681 yards and 10 scores during the regular season). He's yet to prove he can be a top tier back when it's his backfield, even though he certainly seems capable of it.

CIS all day
Tell mike 'Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!'

Advertisement
I don't think Bakas is totally off-base here. Davis doesn't have the same gear as say a Lamar Miller or Duke Johnson (or Lo Lingard). That said, he has more than enough speed to play at Miami. Another poster somewhere called him a "rich man's Mike James." I'll take that every day.

I don't think Bakas is totally off-base here. Davis doesn't have the same gear as say a Lamar Miller or Duke Johnson (or Lo Lingard). That said, he has more than enough speed to play at Miami. Another poster somewhere called him a "rich man's Mike James." I'll take that every day.

don't agree, we say the best athletes are in south florida, and he is consistently pulling away from these guys, yet he doesn't have good speed and is a rich man mike james . . . does comp level mean nothing?

Advertisement

don't agree, we say the best athletes are in south florida, and he is consistently pulling away from these guys, yet he doesn't have good speed and is a rich man mike james . . . does comp level mean nothing?

I think the whole "rich man's" thing to me implies that you take Mike James' running style and make him bigger, stronger, and faster and you get Cam Davis.

Advertisement
Thought this was hilarious, had to share it . . . this is why Pete rising so fast

What may concern you: As talented as Davis is, he lacks breakaway speed -- especially for someone who weighs under 200 pounds. He ran a 4.64/40 at a Nike event earlier this year and you don't really see true home run hitting ability when watching his film. He also wasn't even the leading rusher on his own high school team last season, as a sophomore teammate had more yards on the season (Davis finished last season with 681 yards and 10 scores during the regular season). He's yet to prove he can be a top tier back when it's his backfield, even though he certainly seems capable of it.

CIS all day

I have some question marks on Davis (when I see question marks, I agree 100% he's a take), but breakaway speed isn't one of them.

i had some questions about his shiftiness, but he showed some in his spring game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqTCeg3Gnxc

**** I hate to be that guy I think Lingards speed is serious and its effective at this level.......just because cam looks good in a HS game doesnt mean he can transition the speed at the college level. He could be legit 4.5 and a good back so well see but its not that far fetched if the think hes not explosive enough. Our most explosive athlete in the 2018 class where u know they have the speed pf the game are Jobe Hall and Lingard......I may be missing someone oh Pope ......like guys that pop off the screen that are not trying. I like Cam but its a fair gripe to gripe about and not all of our commits will be studs people need to realize there are a such thin as misses and transfers because of that. People got upset when they said Jack Allison was buns sauce and it was true and hes not here no more.....and some jags stay on the team sometimes its the way it is

what about quality of competition? i'm not sure lingawd's comp level, but i'm sure it's not what Carol City faces, they play multiple d1 guys every week, and cam still puts on

d1 guys dont mean they'll be good or fast enough......just cause a guys d1 bound doesnt mean hes going to a elite d1 school

I have some question marks on Davis (when I see question marks, I agree 100% he's a take), but breakaway speed isn't one of them.

i had some questions about his shiftiness, but he showed some in his spring game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqTCeg3Gnxc

**** I hate to be that guy I think Lingards speed is serious and its effective at this level.......just because cam looks good in a HS game doesnt mean he can transition the speed at the college level. He could be legit 4.5 and a good back so well see but its not that far fetched if the think hes not explosive enough. Our most explosive athlete in the 2018 class where u know they have the speed pf the game are Jobe Hall and Lingard......I may be missing someone oh Pope ......like guys that pop off the screen that are not trying. I like Cam but its a fair gripe to gripe about and not all of our commits will be studs people need to realize there are a such thin as misses and transfers because of that. People got upset when they said Jack Allison was buns sauce and it was true and hes not here no more.....and some jags stay on the team sometimes its the way it is

what about quality of competition? i'm not sure lingawd's comp level, but i'm sure it's not what Carol City faces, they play multiple d1 guys every week, and cam still puts on

d1 guys dont mean they'll be good or fast enough......just cause a guys d1 bound doesnt mean hes going to a elite d1 school

idk, d$ and others consistently praise (as they should) about all the talent that comes from south florida every year . . . here is a guy that's gettin it in every week, as well as doin work on the summer circuits, yet his speed doesn't pop off the screen?

Advertisement
Keep in mind that Mike James ran a 4.53 at the combine. I'd expect Davis to be in the same ballpark or better by the time he leaves college as well.

What site does Bakas work for, CanesOverHere?

Is that the same CanesOverHere that had their tailgate tradition dissolved after the 09 UNC game where they all joined Lito's RCT tailgate? Epic f*cking tailgate...about 100+ people hammered off the liquor ice luge.

Advertisement
Back