Michael McClaughlin SR highlights

Him and Chris Washington are my favorites for our next generation of starters. They're trees with arms.
Rivers has an 84.5 inch wingspan dude. Only a half dozen NFL players have that.
BCDD74BB-5598-424F-A975-E341A2390F7F.jpeg

Advertisement
OL Recruiting is all about coaching and development.. just a year ago McLaughlin was 6'5 220LBs. He's now 6'7 290 LBs and still adjusting with his size and new position. He should spend two full years of development with Feeley and by then he should be 6'7 330LBs and have a true Power 5 OL build. He will still have 3 years of eligibility to be a starter. The problem is we are always trying to rush our OL recruits to play immediately, but now we don't have to anymore and can actually develop them instead of throwing them to the Wolves as babies like we did with Zion.
Dead on sir. We need to stop thinking kids coming in are going to help out on the o-line. **** man id like to never see an o-line man see the field until year 3.

The GOOD ONES do play early though. Our best O-linemen in recent years have been Flowers, Feliciano and Linder...all played early.
However, I understand that not all OL prospects leave high school at 300+ pounds with excellent technique like they did, so some guys take a couple years of development. But there's definitely no rule that says college OL shouldn't see the field until "year whatever".

Guys like Rodriquez from Columbus are likely ready to go ASAP.
Those guys yall refer to that need years of development probably had poor coaching in high school or their bodies aren't ready.

OL is probably one of the most difficult positions to recruit because technique (and personality) is so important...and to be quite honest there's not a lot of great OL coaching in South Florida. If we're recruiting OL from South Florida public schools then we're probably gonna get a lot of "raw" guys. Just my opinion.

We need to be putting the full court press on elite O-linemen, fvck them skill kids. lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid needs A TON of work. He is at least big and shows a willingness to be aggressive. Justice has his work cut out, I can't see this kid being ready to contribute until at least year 3.

OL Recruiting is all about coaching and development.. just a year ago McLaughlin was 6'5 220LBs. He's now 6'7 290 LBs and still adjusting with his size and new position. He should spend two full years of development with Feeley and by then he should be 6'7 330LBs and have a true Power 5 OL build. He will still have 3 years of eligibility to be a starter. The problem is we are always trying to rush our OL recruits to play immediately, but now we don't have to anymore and can actually develop them instead of throwing them to the Wolves as babies like we did with Zion.
Good points mate. It’s a shame we do the opposite with upperclassmen on the defensive side, playing McCloud and Jennings over Steed, TAC, Flagg, Brooks, or Huff.

Advertisement
Is he that big or is his competition that small. Those guys playing against him cant be real DEs.

This , he has the tools and the body. Now coach him up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The GOOD ONES do play early though. Our best O-linemen in recent years have been Flowers, Feliciano and Linder...all played early.
However, I understand that not all OL prospects leave high school at 300+ pounds with excellent technique like they did, so some guys take a couple years of development. But there's definitely no rule that says college OL shouldn't see the field until "year whatever".

Guys like Rodriquez from Columbus are likely ready to go ASAP.
Those guys yall refer to that need years of development probably had poor coaching in high school or their bodies aren't ready.

OL is probably one of the most difficult positions to recruit because technique (and personality) is so important...and to be quite honest there's not a lot of great OL coaching in South Florida. If we're recruiting OL from South Florida public schools then we're probably gonna get a lot of "raw" guys. Just my opinion.

We need to be putting the full court press on elite O-linemen, fvck them skill kids. lol

Elite trench work make QBs & RBs look all world, and LBs & DBs look like future all pros.

Keeping it 100, I'm not really excited by this kid. Douglas plays probably the weakest schedule in South Florida. His film wasn't that impressive. He has ideal size/length to be a good RT & Justice is a good coach, so I hope he proves me wrong.

In terms of 2021 OL I saw this year, I really liked Michael Marshall (MNW), Kareem Harden (Stranahan), Marcus Tate (TRU Prep) and Marco Fugar (STA.) Marshall made me go google him lol

Advertisement
Back