Michael Johnson update

D

deleted3746

-Said this 4 months ago while wearing Canes gear: whenever Miami offers I'll be a Cane...wanted to be a Cane his whole life...bleeds orange/green...Sean Taylor fan his whole life

-Had a conversation with Miami staff 3 weeks ago at a camp and it did not go well

-Says UM isn't in his mind no more

-Says he doesn't think about UM anymore

-Says UM can just go away

-Says he was told an offer was on the way but it never came

-Says Miami only shows interest in who they want and obviously he isn't one of them

-Says he isn't gonna play how Miami plays and he'll forget them

-Since committing to Louisville, LSU offered and Alabama is close to offering

-Tripping to LSU, Alabama, and Georgia in July

-Likes Louisville because they have kids from the same neighborhood as him in Bridgewater and Brown

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/S-Michael-Johnson-Moving-on-From-Dream-of-Playing-at-Miami-137125

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Very ****y kid. Have fun in Loserville.

It's not his fault UM doesn't want him the kid was begging to be a Cane.. He even said in a interview with a Louisville reporter hey I'm a Miami boy if they offer i'm going there.. The kid is dying to be a Cane.

Advertisement
Did this kid get his **** kicked in at camp?

Says Miami only shows interest in who they want.

Isn't that what all schools do?

another SFla diva who didn't get his way and making us the bad guy. He is one of thousands of kids that dream to play at the U. Thankfully in his case he has other places to go

Summary isn't too bad. I can definitely understand his disappointment. I have no problem with what he said.

He grew up wanting to be a Cane. He thought he was going to get the offer and it never came. Other school are telling him he's good enough but not his dream school. Most of us would be extremely disappointed as well.

This stuff happens all the time, each staff has their evaluation.

Advertisement
I don't know the whole story on him but did he even attend any of the camps? I mean a person wanting to be an Miami Hurricane that bad, you would think he would attend a camp or two and express his feelings toward the staff but hey that's just me.

I can see where the kid is coming from. Here you are with offers from LSU and almost getting one from ALA, the two most elite programs in the country, and your own hometown school doesnt want to offer you. A school you grew up loving. Meanwhile kids who have offers from lower level D1 schools and practically play the same position as you get offers. (Turner and Mayes) If you cant see why hes ****ed I dont know what to tell you.

As much as I trust Al, I think this kid is gonna get the "Antonio Bryant" award for the recruit who has us kicking ourselves in 3 years for not offering. Maybe they think he cant play Safety because his frame wont allow him to put on enough weight. And he doesnt have the speed to play corner. Kinda the opposite of QW. Who knows..

He did attend a camp, also did other workouts for the staff.

The interview sounds like a disappointed teenager. Not the end of the world. Staff must feel like they can do better. Oh well.

Did this kid get his **** kicked in at camp?

Says Miami only shows interest in who they want.

Isn't that what all schools do?

First let may say I am a fan of the kid and wished there was away UM could have found a place for him. But with that said when it was time to shine at the camp he was reported abused several times by Brandon Powell in one on one drills. Now in his defense he is a more physical player so he is at a disadvantage without pads but still those that say it say it was rough to watch. But good luck to the young man no matter where he ends up.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back