Michael Johnson update

I can see where the kid is coming from. Here you are with offers from LSU and almost getting one from ALA, the two most elite programs in the country, and your own hometown school doesnt want to offer you. A school you grew up loving. Meanwhile kids who have offers from lower level D1 schools and practically play the same position as you get offers. (Turner and Mayes) If you cant see why hes ****ed I dont know what to tell you.

As much as I trust Al, I think this kid is gonna get the "Antonio Bryant" award for the recruit who has us kicking ourselves in 3 years for not offering. Maybe they think he cant play Safety because his frame wont allow him to put on enough weight. And he doesnt have the speed to play corner. Kinda the opposite of QW. Who knows..

I find it funny how statements like the bold are said EVERY recruiting cycle now.

Advertisement
Paranos post should settle it as far as im concerned. If Brandon Powell is roasting him in camp then he needs to do some soul searching. (No disrespect to Powell. But he aint top 100 in the country)

Maybe so ChrisLamar757 but the least amount of times we have to hand out that award the better you know our recruiting will be and the better our team will be. Butch only handed that out two or three times. (Bryant, Elvis Dumervil and Torrie Cox come to mind) Larry handed it out alot. (Santonio Holmes comes to mind) Randy handed that out so many times it was sickening. Al is next up at bat..

Paranos post should settle it as far as im concerned. If Brandon Powell is roasting him in camp then he needs to do some soul searching. (No disrespect to Powell. But he aint top 100 in the country)

Hold on there partner Powell is considered by some to be the best RB in Broward county even better then Sony Micheal. Covering Powell is like catching lighting in a bottle so there is no shame in that from what I heard powell abused EVERYONE one that attempted to cover him at the UM Camp. Hence why Powell now has a UM offer and is getting the full court press from UM to flip his Tennesse Commitment.

Go Canes

South Florida Sports breakdown of Brandon Powell
http://sfhighschoolsports.com/blog/2013-blu-huddles-rb/huddle-brandon-powell-deerfield-beach

Advertisement
oh i did not know that he attended camps, then yeah i would be disappointed also! geez guy has almost every offer in the country minus the one in his backyard...ouch

Don't think we told him an offer was coming. It was a we'll let you know.

Oh we probably told him an offer was coming. It was probably something along the lines of, "Put the work in, show up to our camp, and show us you have what it takes, and you'll have an offer coming." All a 17 year old kid hears there is "You'll have an offer coming." I know that's more or less what you're saying though. It's the Jekyll & Hyde nature of having to recruit down here. We are blessed with all this talent in S Fla., but these kids are ALL told they are the next coming, so we will always have to deal with the egos that go with the talent. Especially with the ones who aren't quite good enough to cut the mustard at UM.

We might have to agree to disagree here, Paranos. If you are a superstud (So MJ claims he should be treated as) then you cant get abused by Brandon Powell. If anything, make it a draw or at least hold your own. From what you say he got his man hood snatched from him. I wasnt there so I dont know. But it seems like the staff agrees with me. Hence no offer for MJ.

Advertisement
Very ****y kid. Have fun in Loserville.

It's not his fault UM doesn't want him the kid was begging to be a Cane.. He even said in a interview with a Louisville reporter hey I'm a Miami boy if they offer i'm going there.. The kid is dying to be a Cane.

this why the 'put on for your city' and 'stay home and be loyal' thing cracks me up. miami, florida, fsu nor any of these other schools would give two ***** about any of these kids if they couldn't ball yet people call these kids traitors if they go where they feel is best. in this case you have a high level d-1 guy with offers from everywhere practically begging for an offer, is from the hometown, yet he gets ignored. where is the loyalty from the school or city then? i guess the loyalty is only supposed to work one way.

It's not his fault UM doesn't want him the kid was begging to be a Cane.. He even said in a interview with a Louisville reporter hey I'm a Miami boy if they offer i'm going there.. The kid is dying to be a Cane.

this why the 'put on for your city' and 'stay home and be loyal' thing cracks me up. miami, florida, fsu nor any of these other schools would give two ***** about any of these kids if they couldn't ball yet people call these kids traitors if they go where they feel is best. in this case you have a high level d-1 guy with offers from everywhere practically begging for an offer, is from the hometown, yet he gets ignored. where is the loyalty from the school or city then? i guess the loyalty is only supposed to work one way.

What makes him high level D-1? The coaches have seen him in person a few times and decided he didn't fit that description.

Maybe so ChrisLamar757 but the least amount of times we have to hand out that award the better you know our recruiting will be and the better our team will be. Butch only handed that out two or three times. (Bryant, Elvis Dumervil and Torrie Cox come to mind) Larry handed it out alot. (Santonio Holmes comes to mind) Randy handed that out so many times it was sickening. Al is next up at bat..

"Next up to bat" as in he's Miami head coach, and inevitably there will be a player(s) that goes somewhere else and has success because there are so many quality players down here? The continuing narrative of "that guy we aren't getting is going to be SO good and we're going to regret it" is tiring.

What makes him high level D-1? The coaches have seen him in person a few times and decided he didn't fit that description.

offers from louisville, lsu, and bama? there are some other very good offers in his possession.

not knocking miami at all, just pointing out the 'hometown loyalty' thing is overblown and if you're going to make that argument then make it both ways.

Advertisement
I dont say it too often, ChrisLamar757. I like this kid. And if we are taking guys like Mayes and Turner and not MJ it is a head scratcher. BUT if what Paranos said is true about him getting man handled by Brandon Powell at a camp then I rest my case on MJ. He doesnt need to be here.

as long as genron is travontes coach my expectations of him being a cane dwindle away

Genron was the one who brought Travonte to Miami last Sunday. Travonte had no plans of going until Genron called him and said he was picking him up to take him there.

Advertisement
as long as genron is travontes coach my expectations of him being a cane dwindle away

Genron was the one who brought Travonte to Miami last Sunday. Travonte had no plans of going until Genron called him and said he was picking him up to take him there.

that is very interesting, especially when that same guy bashes the staff all the time on twitter, and also talks smack about our low star recruits that are on the team

Kid can be disappointed but the comments show immaturity and that he doesn't have people around telling him how to deal with disappointment

that is very interesting, especially when that same guy bashes the staff all the time on twitter, and also talks smack about our low star recruits that are on the team

He's another Luke who will bash us but won't negatively recruit us entirely

He's another Luke who will bash us but won't negatively recruit us entirely

i dont know about that, we all know what he does and i wouldnt be surprised if he did

Advertisement
Back