Official Michael Irvin* Sues Marriott for $100 Million

Advertisement
Again, there was no need for Marriott to go into premature pre-investigation details with the NFL when all that Marriott had was what one person told them.

I can tell you, with all of the official partners NASCAR had, they weren't running to tell us what every TV personality and driver and pit crew member was doing. I get the "close relationship" stuff, but that usually moves towards the "protect the NFL stars" side, as opposed to "tattle on the NFL stars" side.

Again, just my observation over the decades. I realize there's less tolerance for hijinks these days, but it's another (unprecedented) level to make such an impactful report based off of so little actual evidence. In this situation. Simply because of a business relationship, which in no way creates an obligation to share every bit of information.

Not disagreeing w/ u vs. giving plausible context as to “y” they may behaved in such a manner. The reason y I gave this context is b/c I know of someone from my company, which was the sponsor an event, that was sexually harassed. My company didn’t deal w/ the accused, they dealt w/ his employer (LA Auto Show). The only reason y it didn’t make headline news was b/c the guy wasn’t famous & this was b4 social media.

Again, not disagreeing w/ u.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just to be clear - is it in this thread only or are you talking about all threads?
fiBToAMx5TVzG (1).gif

3og0IvBim73ZRmR4ti (1).gif
3xkNUy3Vh8QbPmJZjK.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not disagreeing w/ u vs. giving plausible context as to “y” they may behaved in such a manner. The reason y I gave this context is b/c I know of someone from my company, which was the sponsor an event, that was sexually harassed. My company didn’t deal w/ the accused, they dealt w/ his employer (LA Auto Show). The only reason y it didn’t make headline news was b/c the guy wasn’t famous & this was b4 social media.

Again, not disagreeing w/ u.

RR-

As I wrote previously:

...this has nothing to do with PR, that it was the Super Bowl, or that Irvin is famous, or any of the other uninformed speculation being written here. It's a standard policy across the hotel industry.

Irvin's room was part of a "group sales" block of rooms. The block is controlled by whoever signed the sales contract. They can assign or remove as they please. Different rules than a regular hotel booking. Any incidents, damage, complaints about the guest or even BY the guest, would be reported to the lead group contact who booked the block, per policy. The MOD (Manager on Duty) would contact the Group Sales Director, who would then either personally contact or have the sales manager on the particular group contact the main group contact. If an employee filed an HR type complaint, that's 100%.

That's it. That's all there is to it. I promise, and I speak from a wildly specific place of knowledge on this particular question. There is nothing suspect going on here on the part of the hotel, if the employee reported an incident.

Now whether the employee lied, or if the NFL went overboard with the info, that's a whole 'nother thing.

Advertisement
Back