Michael Irvin Jr. Offered

There are a few former players who will have their football-playing sons get a schollie regardless: Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Edgerrin James, Ed Reed and maybe a handful of others.

I'll add Duke Johnson to that list already. Just give him the form to sign as parent and write "student athlete" to be named later.

Young Gabe Taylor gets on that list too, though we know anyone with ST's genes will be a monster.

Little Gabriel Taylor already a handful in pop warner. As long as his body grows I can expect him to come here.

I remember seeing that a little while back. IIRC he looked exactly like ST.

Advertisement
I think not giving him a scholarship would be an insult to him and his dad. It would clearly show that we werent as invested in him as we are other players. Honestly he is a good player anyway and more than deserving of a scholarship.

This guy deserves his scholarship even if he wasn't the son of a UM great. His film looks just as good or better than many of the WR's we have taken over the last few years.

Just because his dad is rich and famous we have to treat him differently?

No, because we are dealing with scholarship reductions. Ray Lewis should have done the same thing with his son. This is all assuming these guys donate money to their school in the first place.
honestly though. who in there right mind would want to spend there money just because it helps a program. if his son earned a scholarship he should be able to go on scholarship. no parent however rich wants to willingly pay for the education if they get a scholarship.

Most people with Irvin's money and ties to the program donate more annually than the cost of tuition. It's as simple as withholding your usual donation and instead donating your son.

Paying for tuition and donating to athletics are two different things.

Tuition goes to the school, and a small athletic fee, $69 this past year, goes to athletics.

Donations to athletics go to athletics in whole.

Huge difference.

@SBN_Wescott: 2016 Prestonwood WR Michael Irvin, Jr. said he loves Miami and the U, but wants to wait to find the best fit. UGA, Michigan could offer soon

Advertisement
Idk why everyone think he is a lock. Just because he Mike's son? Mike's about that money and If is son can lay elsewhere and be more productive that's where is going.

Advertisement
Idk why everyone think he is a lock. Just because he Mike's son? Mike's about that money and If is son can lay elsewhere and be more productive that's where is going.

lol....man listen..........kid will be here fall 2016

Advertisement
My cousin is friends and goes to high school with Irvin Jr.; consequently, he informed me last night that Irvin Jr. told him there's a 99% chance he'll go to Miami. Nothing to see here

Last edited:
My cousin is friends and goes to high school with Irvin Jr.; consequently, he informed me last night that Irvin Jr. told him there's a 99% chance he'll go to Miami. Nothing to see here

His dad took care of that years ago. Anyone who's not gullible didn't need one of his classmates to confirm it.

/not a shot at u, btw

I say let the kid have fun and get recruited. He deserves that before he comes to UM.

Advertisement
I always love reading posters spending other people's money.

Kid deserves the scholarship because he's good enough. Period.

With attrition each year, the reality is our sanctions are one scholarship a year for three years.

With attrition each year, the reality is our sanctions are one scholarship a year for three years.

Who cares, we need to have a team full of WR.

Who cares, we need to have a team full of WR.

I'm not very good at reading tone on the Internet, so I'm honestly not sure what you're saying here.

Advertisement
Back