Michael Irvin Jr. Offered

chicanego

Junior
Premium
2016 wide receiver Michael Irvin Jr. informed 247Sports.com early Friday evening that he picked up an offer from Miami. His Hall of Fame wide receiver father Michael Irvin starred for the Canes in the 80s. Irvin Jr., ranked as the nation's No. 36 wide receiver recruit by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings, is also receiving interest from Texas Tech, Georgia and Michigan. He's a 100-percent Crystal Ball projection to Miami.

SIAP

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Miami-offers-4-star-WR-Michael-Irvin-Jr--29368196

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1861507/highlights/91437377

I may be going out on a limb here, but I feel pretty good about this one.

Advertisement
Wow, this is a shocker! Mike's kid got an offer. I going to climb out on the limb with chicanego.

Might be a future TE. Glad we offered. Curious to see how he does in his junior year.

From a past article:

While he does not want to focus on the recruiting process, the Miami native definitely has a preferred destination for his son when the time comes.

“My exact words to Mike were this – ‘There are some choices God gives us and some He doesn’t.’ He can’t choose his mom, his dad, his brothers or sisters or what school he goes to. Everything else, he can choose. He WILL go to the University of Miami,” Irvin Sr. said laughing.

Might be a future TE. Glad we offered. Curious to see how he does in his junior year.
That was my thoughts too when I saw his tape a long time ago. Has speed but looks like he could grow into a TE. Depends how his body develops, could be a very good possession receiver, his stats for a high school player are insane. Very very strong, uses his strength to his advantage.

Advertisement
100% a future TE.

He even catches the ball/moves like one.

The kid is still a baby, he'll grow to at least 6'3-6'4 and he'll be about 230 by his senior year.

smh @ this corny ****....Michael Irvin's son as a TE, this is phukkin blasphemous. Possession WR all the way.

Advertisement
Mike should just pay his tuition and let us get another scholarship player

318.gif

This kid is a 4 star stud WR, his play on the field has earned the scholarship offer.

Advertisement
There are a few former players who will have their football-playing sons get a schollie regardless: Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Edgerrin James, Ed Reed and maybe a handful of others.

Advertisement
Mike should just pay his tuition and let us get another scholarship player

318.gif

This kid is a 4 star stud WR, his play on the field has earned the scholarship offer.

It's not about deserving a scholly, obviously he earned one. This is more strategic, where his father probably donates more money to UM than tuition costs.

Walk-ons and Preferred walk-ons get different treatment than scholarship players. Training table stuff, probably residence issues as well. No reason to short change that kid.

Advertisement
Back