Michael Barrow For DC?

Advertisement
Ok, there is obviously a bias here and I would like to know what it is...All of you are ok with Ken Dorsey coming here to be OC with no experience whatsoever. He didn't even have a career in the NFL. But you're against Barrow moving up to DC, what makes you guys think that way????
I'll wait...in my Kat Williams voice..
Dorsey has made a name in the NFL as a coach, which is what we are looking for. I'm not going to trash Barrow at all but suffice to say he was a much better player than an X and O coach.

Honestly comparing Dorsey to Barrow as coaches doesn't even make any sense.
are you serious with this, what do you know about Dorsey or Barrows play calling ability??? Its stuff like this that ****es me off... comparing Dorsey to barrow is foolish considering Barrow played 12 years in the NFL at MLB and was pretty **** good...LB coach for the past nine years...while Dorsey played sparingly in the NFL for 5 years and QB coach for 2 years.. no comparison at all

So longer NFL career = better coach.

Got it.
Not to mention Dorsey's coaching career is on the upswing. He's a near future NFL OC. Barrow is still a LB coach and there's never been so much as a word that he will be considered for a DC in college let alone the pros.

No clue why who played longer in the NFL even needs to be explained but then again this whole thread is about Barrow being our ******* DC, which is an asinine idea in the first place.

Then again, Miami fans think all our players will be great coaches so.....

Just gotta shrug and laugh

Richt should reach out to Butch as the DC. You would get a 2 for one deal there. Head recruiter and a very good DC.

I'll wait...in my Kat Williams voice..
Dorsey has made a name in the NFL as a coach, which is what we are looking for. I'm not going to trash Barrow at all but suffice to say he was a much better player than an X and O coach.

Honestly comparing Dorsey to Barrow as coaches doesn't even make any sense.
are you serious with this, what do you know about Dorsey or Barrows play calling ability??? Its stuff like this that ****es me off... comparing Dorsey to barrow is foolish considering Barrow played 12 years in the NFL at MLB and was pretty **** good...LB coach for the past nine years...while Dorsey played sparingly in the NFL for 5 years and QB coach for 2 years.. no comparison at all

So longer NFL career = better coach.

Got it.
Not to mention Dorsey's coaching career is on the upswing. He's a near future NFL OC. Barrow is still a LB coach and there's never been so much as a word that he will be considered for a DC in college let alone the pros.

No clue why who played longer in the NFL even needs to be explained but then again this whole thread is about Barrow being our ******* DC, which is an asinine idea in the first place.

Then again, Miami fans think all our players will be great coaches so.....

Just gotta shrug and laugh

Thing is...

THEY'VE NEVER SEEN THESE GUYS COACH!

They just want them cause they played at a high level.

Advertisement
I chuckle at phans thinking Dorsey is ready to be an OC in the NFL, or at The U. Cam Newton may be the most physically gifted QB in a decade. With all due respect to Kenny, and to paraphrase/quote 'The Franchise, Dorsey didn't turn Charlie Whitehurst into a superstar. He has done a very good job but I certainly wouldn't turn an offense over him.

I wouldn't turn a defense over to Michael Barrow either. He has a lot of good LB coach experience, a coaching for Pete Carroll was the best career move made. Imagine coaching a few seasons for Golden/D'Onofrio and your next boss is Pete Carroll. He should stick there until the right position opens up as a DC, or co-DC, working for top coaches.

I suspect we'll hear a lot more from Dorsey and Barrow as rising coaches, but not at The U, at least not yet.

Comparing Barrow to Dorsey is retarded. Dorsey has no experience calling plays, but that's what Richt is gonna do. Having Dorsey work with the QBs and help Richt with the OC duties is not really much of a gamble.

Having Barrow run the entire defense as the DC is nothing but the very definition of a gamble. Dude has no experience whatsoever, and won't have a real DC like Don Brown to lean on.

Barrow is a terrible coach. Great recruiter

Wait, Barrow is a terrible coach, yet Pete Carroll, arguably the best coach in all of football hired him as linebackers coach for Seattle? THat doesn't pass the sniff test

Give Barrow a couple more years in Seattle then bring him back as linebackers coach. He is learning defence in Seattle. The DC has to be a proven DC coach. Aranda, Chizik, Pruitt and Leavitt. One of these four would be a good choice.

So, Barrow should get more experience as a linebackers coach in Seattle, and then and only then will he be qualified to take a step down to coach linebackers at Miami? Huh??

Advertisement
Richt should reach out to Butch as the DC. You would get a 2 for one deal there. Head recruiter and a very good DC.

Maybe we can get a hold of the medical school while we're at it, exhume and re-animate Vince Lombardi; we could do the same for Bill Walsh as our OC, too. No one would have a staff that qualified, anywhere.

Let see. Barrow played at the U for 4 years, was then a LB in the NFL for 13 years, was then a high school coach, an LB coach with the Canes, LB NFL coach with the Seahawks for 1 year, during his Canes and NFL days, 18 years, dude was a MLB which for the most part plays behind the D Line, in front of DB's, dude called Defensive signals during his time, dude understands what everyone on the D is supposed to do or be doing, dude was a frigging leader and stud yet dude is not qualified to be a DC? Wow!! I guess that due to his experience level Dorito is better qualified than Michael to be a DC??... By the way, Michael was in Orlando during the recent FLA High School championship games at the same time Richt was there. Michael flew across country just to watch High School games in FL! What a coincidence ha!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let see. Barrow played at the U for 4 years, was then a LB in the NFL for 13 years, was then a high school coach, an LB coach with the Canes, LB NFL coach with the Seahawks for 1 year, during his Canes and NFL days, 18 years, dude was a MLB which for the most part plays behind the D Line, in front of DB's, dude called Defensive signals during his time, dude understands what everyone on the D is supposed to do or be doing, dude was a frigging leader and stud yet dude is not qualified to be a DC? Wow!! I guess that due to his experience level Dorito is better qualified than Michael to be a DC??... By the way, Michael was in Orlando during the recent FLA High School championship games at the same time Richt was there. Michael flew across country just to watch High School games in FL! What a coincidence ha!!

Ok. At what point of his awesome career has he ever called a defense?

They take LB coaches and make them DCs all the time in the NFL, why isn't that good enough for Miami fans?

Advertisement

They take LB coaches and make them DCs all the time in the NFL, why isn't that good enough for Miami fans?
I would like to see a list. Please...

Cause Miami is a huge program that's in dire need of a resurgence, not a place where you experiment with a first time DC.

I would like to see a list. Please...

It happens all the time

Cause Miami is a huge program that's in dire need of a resurgence, not a place where you experiment with a first time DC.

Agreed and not saying I want Barrow to be the DC (cuz I don't) but the size or history of our program doesn't matter. The current DC for Seattle was their DB coach last year. I'm not opposed to promoting a position coach to the DC position. There are too many examples of this working to simply ignore

With that being said, I would prefer someone with experience calling plays. But I wouldn't rule out all candidates who have never been DC's before.

Advertisement
Back