Michael Barrow For DC?

150 linebacker coaches in the NFL and FBS. 150 more defensive coordinators. Why is Michael Barrow the most qualified? If you use any version of "home", "connections", "played here", "knows the area", etc., just ban yourself.

Advertisement
So Mark Richt as CEO of this Company is gonna give the reigns of his most scrutinized division - the Defense - to a person who's never been in charge of a division before .....

Seems a little too risky especially given the state of where this program has been on Defense for the past 5 years...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody just needs to relax. LB coaches being promoted to DCs is extremely common, and is part of the normal coaching progression. The problem with our fans are two fold, 1) They do not understand this progression and 2) They are scared to death of who our next DC is going to be, which is based on our historical and recent DC debacles. Bottom line is that Coach Richt will choose "who he feels" is the best DC coaching candidate, regardless of experience or inexperienced at that position. Coach Richt has also made some bad DC decisions in the past which I hope he has learned from.

Yeah, happens all the time. Difference is, usually that LB coach spent some years under a legit DC. Barrow has been in Seattle exactly one season and before that he was under slappies at Miami.

I'm willing to bet that just about anybody you name who's gotten that promotion came from a great tree.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. I feel strongly that barrow will be back at the "U" coaching in some form of defensive capacity. What capacity remains to be seen.

Advertisement
Back