Miami's Tate Martell contemplating move to wide receiver

I didn't think he would be a WR, I just figured he would stick until he graduated then transfer to another team.

The last highly ranked QB that switched to WR in college I can think of is Jerrod Heard at Texas who was a high ranked 4-star with a 96.7 rating & the #2 Dual threat QB coming out of high school.

Where will he be placed on the Depth chart at WR? With KJ, JT4, Harley, Hightower, Pope, Wiggins, Payton & Njoku, is he competing with Few for reps?

Advertisement
I wish ANY Cane well. So I guess we'll see how this works out.

I do want our BEST players on the field.

We have some very good talent at WR and some good recruits coming in....... But IF he earns a role, I'm all for it

I'm sure he realizes @ Miami he won't be given a position.

See also: Jason Geathers (WR/RB/Utility), Eric Winston (TE/OT), Ethenic Sands (WR/QB), Dallas Crawford, Sam Shields, Quad Hill, Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport, and for Dolphins fans, former QB/WR/TE/FB/RB Jim Jensen
How do you leave Damien F’n Berry off this list?!?

I didn't think he would be a WR, I just figured he would stick until he graduated then transfer to another team.

The last highly ranked QB that switched to WR in college I can think of is Jerrod Heard at Texas who was a high ranked 4-star with a 96.7 rating & the #2 Dual threat QB coming out of high school.

Where will he be placed on the Depth chart at WR? With KJ, JT4, Harley, Hightower, Pope, Wiggins, Payton & Njoku, is he competing with Few for reps?
But perhaps he sees the incoming QBs and realises he's never going to see playing time now that he's lost the battle to be QB1. Only one QB can start, but 5+ WRs get into each game.

Savvy move if he can actually play WR - guess we'll see.

Advertisement

Nah.

Braxton Miller and Terrelle Pryor.

Tate as our 3rd wideout would be absolutely nasty. Competitive mfer, fast, shifty and knows routes. If this is true it could be huge. I don't thin too much of any of the dudes at WR outside of JT and Osborn (based on coaches praise).

These posters are always hating on Krazy, even when he’s right.

21B57589-95CE-43EE-9C8D-B4558F8AC725.jpeg

Advertisement
You're smoking crack if you think he's going to give up being a QB in hopes of being a slot receiver.

Why is that? He has no real pro prospects at QB. If he were smart, he’d move to WR so he has a real shot at the NFL. I wouldn’t even be surprised if the coaches talked to him about that.

be QB2 or fight with Few for WR 8..... No way any of you can say Tate who has never played WR is better than anyone on our roster ahead of Few, and ya'll love Few so he might even be better than him.

and if perry is our QB 2 god i hope JW never gets hurt.

Advertisement
Disagree. He has an ELITE shuttle time. Better than Berrios showed at combine. Shuttle is the best metric for predicting WR success. He can be an outstanding slot WR.
Berrios ran a 3.81 shuttle at The Opening that brought the house down. Do not know what he ran at the combine.

Nah.

Braxton Miller and Terrelle Pryor.

Tate as our 3rd wideout would be absolutely nasty. Competitive mfer, fast, shifty and knows routes. If this is true it could be huge. I don't thin too much of any of the dudes at WR outside of JT and Osborn (based on coaches praise).
They played QB in college & switched to WR in the pros, I was talking about the last QB I could remember that made switch while IN COLLEGE.

And what exactly would catapult Tate ahead of every WR on the roster, what has he done that would move him so high up the depth chart at WR that would start ahead of 6 other natural WR's?

Advertisement

Not a proven player on the list besides Osborn and JT4.
They played QB in college & switched to WR in the pros, I was talking about the last QB I could remember that made switch while IN COLLEGE.

And what exactly would catapult Tate ahead of every WR on the roster, what has he done that would move him so high up the depth chart at WR that would start ahead of 6 other natural WR's?

What have any of the other WRs not named Thomas and Osbon done to suggest Martell who has a better short shuttle time and vertical than Harley couldn't pass them, specifically in the slot? There aren't that many guys ahead of him there. **** if he can consistently catch the ball that gives him a leg up.

Not a proven player on the list besides Osborn and JT4.

What have any of the other WRs not named Thomas and Osbon done to suggest Martell who has a better short shuttle time and vertical than Harley couldn't pass them, specifically in the slot? There aren't that many guys ahead of him there. **** if he can consistently catch the ball that gives him a leg up.
If you can show me actual proof that Martell is a better WR than the other 6 I'll agree with you.

If you can show me actual proof that Martell is a better WR than the other 6 I'll agree with you.

I haven't seen proof that any of the others down the depth chart are any good and he just started playing the position. You know there is no proof. There wasn't any proof about Jimmy Graham either at one point. I don't think he'll be getting reps against Florida but running a 4.7 with his other attributes means he has a shot. He already caught a couple balls in the scrimmage apparently. The question is which QB was throwing him the ball and what defenders he was facing. That would speak to how serious this actually is in the early stages.

Advertisement
Back