Miami's Tate Martell contemplating move to wide receiver

Advertisement
Would give opposing defenses something else to have to defend and think about when he would line up.

If I'm Enos you move him all around the field

They can bring him in to cause jet sweep havoc as he’s a legit threat to throw.
I don’t see him getting any pt in game 1 at receiver. Nothing against him at all but there is no way he switched positions today (if he officially does) and is thrown out there next week.

Would give opposing defenses something else to have to defend and think about when he would line up.

If I'm Enos you move him all around the field

With Dallas you dont much have to respect pass (I dont recall him throwing). With Martell they would absolutely have to respect the pass, making sprint out RPO deadly.

Advertisement
Go ‘head Tate! It won’t be easier to break into the WR rotation but I’m pulling for him like any other Cane.
I think it's a smart move. He has 3 years of eligibility. He could make himself into an NFL slot receiver when it's all said and done. Think about it. He already has the size and speed. He has the knowledge from a QB perspective so he already knows the route tree. I have to give him props for wanting to contribute to the team.

Edelman putting in work with the Patriots. Terrelle Pryor cashing checks at WR with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Greg Ward is with my Phildelphia Eagles at WR. Put that athleticism to work young man!!!

Def agree with earlier comment about Restrepo being a legit college safety if godforbid this Tate slot thing has legs.

Advertisement
1566004320232.png

Advertisement
See also: Jason Geathers (WR/RB/Utility), Eric Winston (TE/OT), Ethenic Sands (WR/QB), Dallas Crawford, Sam Shields, Quad Hill, Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport, and for Dolphins fans, former QB/WR/TE/FB/RB Jim Jensen
Warren Sapp started as a TE

Advertisement
Even if he's just contemplating the move it shows he's more of a team player and loves the game more than Tim Teblows ever did.

Still amazed how he got a complete pass for being a pride filled stubborn quitter. Verrrry un-Chreestian.
Come on. 30 some year old 230 pound guy batting about .198 with no power completely deserves a AAA roster spot...

Come on. 30 some year old 230 pound guy batting about .198 with no power completely deserves a AAA roster spot...

Haha. Yup. God works in mysterious ways, bro. Especially when your agent is now GM of the Mets too.

Advertisement
Back