Miami would roll the SEC East...

Advertisement
The Coastal has lost 2 of 3 to the East. Only win was over Vandy. The Coastal is worse dude. Miami is the big unknown as they haven't played anybody. At. All.

This. Coastal is garbage. UNC and VT looked like clown colleges against Uga and UT

I want to see us play physical big defensive and offensive lines before I declare us good mayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that so many NON Miami fans can post regularly on this site never ceases to amaze me. You've got enough "fans" that look to **** on the players/coaches/AD/schedule etc any chance they get and run to any thread that is half way positive to keep everybody in check so they can be able to say "I told you so" if things go wrong. On top of that, you have at least a handful of guys (I use that term loosely) who are obviously not Miami fans in any way shape or form. Really clutters up an otherwise semi-enjoyable experience. And yes, I do believe we could win the SEC West this year, if we were to stay healthy. No question.

My brother went to Ole Miss and is an SEC homer. Been telling him for months that his conference is trash except for Alabama. Georgia and Tennessee are garbage, UiF is garbage (even setting my bias aside), LSU and Auburn are both garbage...and you watch, ESPN will move the goalposts and tell us conference strength is all about your top teams after YEARS of telling us it's all about depth.

Advertisement
Yall are actually delusional. The acc coastal is the worst division in college football and it's not really close. We've gone 10 years and still haven't won it.

It's insane how this board has changed, last year you'd get ridiculed for thinking the canes could win more than 3 games, now ur not a fan if u don't recognize beating app st means we're in championship contention.

This is like beating up 5th graders and then claiming you can hang with Tyson. Lets beat up a grown up first

The fact you just compared the SEC East to Tyson is laughable

You missed my point. You can look at my post history and clearly see I am far from an sec homer. But we aint played nobody yet. Lets beat an in conference team before we start making claims.

Ive been around long enough to know that what we have accomplished thus far (as good as it has been) means ****

And anyone who wants to question my fandom....look at my history

I want the canes to go undefeated every year...but before we start getting all worked up about playoffs and mythical sec championships, lets beat someone who matters....its called rational expectations

Last edited by a moderator:
[]_[] swag;2634842 said:
Yall are actually delusional. The acc coastal is the worst division in college football and it's not really close. We've gone 10 years and still haven't won it.

It's insane how this board has changed, last year you'd get ridiculed for thinking the canes could win more than 3 games, now ur not a fan if u don't recognize beating app st means we're in championship contention.

Bro, you're not a real miami can for saying that.. Cbill, bro

Advertisement
My brother went to Ole Miss and is an SEC homer. Been telling him for months that his conference is trash except for Alabama. Georgia and Tennessee are garbage, UiF is garbage (even setting my bias aside), LSU and Auburn are both garbage...and you watch, ESPN will move the goalposts and tell us conference strength is all about your top teams after YEARS of telling us it's all about depth.

If UGA and UT are "garbage" then what does that make UNC and VT?

I understand those of you who think the Canes would not be able to handle the SEC because the ACC is weak.

That said, if you would have told me a few years back that a mediocre team like Texas A&M would leave the Big 12 and immediately contend for Big Bowl games in the SEC I would have said you were crazy.
Now, I don't think anyone would argue against If the Aggies were in the SEC East they would hands down be the favorite.

Miami would probably have a better transition with Richt and big time talent coming in. Just my humble opinion.

Advertisement
I understand those of you who think the Canes would not be able to handle the SEC because the ACC is weak.

That said, if you would have told me a few years back that a mediocre team like Texas A&M would leave the Big 12 and immediately contend for Big Bowl games in the SEC I would have said you were crazy.
Now, I don't think anyone would argue against If the Aggies were in the SEC East they would hands down be the favorite.

Miami would probably have a better transition with Richt and big time talent coming in. Just my humble opinion.

Tamu had manziel an all time great COLLEGE heisman calliber and winning qb who carried that team.. Miami has Kaaya who is half the player (maybe) and hasn't beaten/carried his team to a meaningful win..

You gotta be kidding me.

We beat three cupcakes.

Chill out. We need to beat FSU and then we can talk smack.

All I know is that we are better coached then what we have been in several years and the direction of the program is finally going in the right way.

I'm excited about the future but we really don't know how good Miami is yet.

Could we win every game ? Of course we could.

Will we? Not sure.

Miami gets its first real test this week. Then even a bigger test the week after. Then we play a team that rolled us last year. Don't forget about Pitt or any other ACC team that will surely bring its best game against us.

Long way to go

NOBODY has hit us in the mouth yet. NOBODY has even challenged really. Let's see what happens when that challenge arrives.

We are headed in the right direction under Richt but there will be setbacks.

Advertisement
All I know is that we are better coached then what we have been in several years and the direction of the program is finally going in the right way.

I'm excited about the future but we really don't know how good Miami is yet.

Could we win every game ? Of course we could.

Will we? Not sure.

Miami gets its first real test this week. Then even a bigger test the week after. Then we play a team that rolled us last year. Don't forget about Pitt or any other ACC team that will surely bring its best game against us.

Long way to go

NOBODY has hit us in the mouth yet. NOBODY has even challenged really. Let's see what happens when that challenge arrives.

We are headed in the right direction under Richt but there will be setbacks.

This

SEC East is a toilet. Has been for a few years. And that's probably why some UM fans were cautiously optimistic with the Rick hire. As bad as that division has been, he couldn't win it while it was at its worst.

[]_[] swag;2634842 said:

LOL at the irony of a guy calling himself USwag and subjugating himself to a mediocre SEC east.

SEC East is a toilet. Has been for a few years. And that's probably why some UM fans were cautiously optimistic with the Rick hire. As bad as that division has been, he couldn't win it while it was at its worst.

It surely isn't worse than the Coastal....Don't forget TN and GA beat the Coastal this year.

You are smarter than this. Say what you want, but TN, UF, GA and Missouri aren't a bunch of nobodies. USC just recently starting sucking balls after a good run with Spurrier. Top to bottom it's still miles better than the Coastal.

Those four schools all have the ability to be top 10-15 programs with the right coaching in place. Its been proven with all 4. Go back the last ten years and Missouri under Pinkel was one of the 8-10 winningest BCS programs and did it in two good football conferences.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back