Miami would roll the SEC East...

Advertisement
This is like beating up 5th graders and then claiming you can hang with Tyson. Lets beat up a grown up first

Also, by that logic, you stated a 5th grader went toe to toe with Tyson, and Tyson was a lucky chin shot from getting KOed. Lol this ain't the Golden years bub

Fact remains, people are extrapolating wins from the fact we thrashed a few middle school teams. Not that we couldn't beat the sec east, but there isn't any evidence (yet) that should make anyone sure of it.

Maybe people are extrapolating us being a good team from watching us play and evaluating our talent and how it's being used and not from who we've played. Similarly, they might be judging the SEC East teams on how they've played.

We hear this sort of similar argument used to disparage recruits, some of whom have turned out to be great players. "He hasn't played against anyone!! The competition level is garbage!"

I wasn't saying it's wrong to use what you've got to form an opinion, only that the opinion should be taken with a grain of salt when there isn't much evidence to back it. Our opinions will be more valid after we play a few more games.

Personally, I think Miami is a good team. Maybe not the 14th best team, but pretty good. But like everybody else, I don't have much backing for that yet. And I hope I'm undervaluing them.

Did any of the people in this thread actually watch the UNC, UGA game? I did, and I saw all the calls going UGA's way. For a second I thought UNC was Miami it was so bad. When teams are evenly matched, the refs favoring one team will normally decide the game. How many games have you seen us lose to a team we were better than because of the refs?

Mostly we lost those because of coaching.

He was talking about games like ND when they called it a fumble or the flag in tempi

exactly.

Oh, the good old days. I remember those.

I'm over here just hoping we beat GT

ME too. We have not played anyone yet and some on here acting like WE BACK. Lets wait for a few games agains decent opponents before we start pounding chest too much.

Wich is why I wish we werent ranked 14, havent really played anyone to justify the ranking

Then don't bother with anybody's ranking. There's a bunch of teams around our spot, above and below, that are suspect as fūck. Why don't you single them out. But don't say we don't deserve 14, when you see where TAMU, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, and Florida are ranked

ME too. We have not played anyone yet and some on here acting like WE BACK. Lets wait for a few games agains decent opponents before we start pounding chest too much.

Wich is why I wish we werent ranked 14, havent really played anyone to justify the ranking

Then don't bother with anybody's ranking. There's a bunch of teams around our spot, above and below, that are suspect as fūck. Why don't you single them out. But don't say we don't deserve 14, when you see where TAMU, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, and Florida are ranked

UGA Beat UNC and Missouri.

OLE Miss lost to FUS and Bama in games where they could have won either of them, and then spanked UGA

Tennessee beat UF and Va Tech

TAMU beat UCLE, Auburn and Arkansas

UF I agree with though, they have played cupcakes just us, until they played a decent team, and then they lost.

We have played FAM, FAU and App State. Like I said probably the worst first games any P5 team has played this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement

UGA Beat UNC and Missouri.

OLE Miss lost to FUS and Bama in games where they could have won either of them, and then spanked UGA

Tennessee beat UF and Va Tech

TAMU beat UCLE, Auburn and Arkansas

UF I agree with though, they have played cupcakes just us, until they played a decent team, and then they lost.

We have played FAM, FAU and App State. Like I said probably the worst first games any P5 team has played this year.

I agree that we haven't proven we deserve 14, but are you so sure we don't? I'm pretty confident that we beat GT and fsu Which I think would be a good argument for being top 10, so 14 makes sense right now. And if not, the voters are always free to drop us. Bottom line, if somebody's gonna give you something for free, you take that ****.

Advertisement
Back