Miami would roll the SEC East...

Advertisement
SEC East is a toilet. Has been for a few years. And that's probably why some UM fans were cautiously optimistic with the Rick hire. As bad as that division has been, he couldn't win it while it was at its worst.

It surely isn't worse than the Coastal....Don't forget TN and GA beat the Coastal this year.

You are smarter than this. Say what you want, but TN, UF, GA and Missouri aren't a bunch of nobodies. USC just recently starting sucking balls after a good run with Spurrier. Top to bottom it's still miles better than the Coastal.

Those four schools all have the ability to be top 10-15 programs with the right coaching in place. Its been proven with all 4. Go back the last ten years and Missouri under Pinkel was one of the 8-10 winningest BCS programs and did it in two good football conferences.

When did I say the Coastal was better? The Coastal is worse, but that doesn't negate the fact that the SEC East is trash.

SEC East is a toilet. Has been for a few years. And that's probably why some UM fans were cautiously optimistic with the Rick hire. As bad as that division has been, he couldn't win it while it was at its worst.

It surely isn't worse than the Coastal....Don't forget TN and GA beat the Coastal this year.

You are smarter than this. Say what you want, but TN, UF, GA and Missouri aren't a bunch of nobodies. USC just recently starting sucking balls after a good run with Spurrier. Top to bottom it's still miles better than the Coastal.

Those four schools all have the ability to be top 10-15 programs with the right coaching in place. Its been proven with all 4. Go back the last ten years and Missouri under Pinkel was one of the 8-10 winningest BCS programs and did it in two good football conferences.

When did I say the Coastal was better? The Coastal is worse, but that doesn't negate the fact that the SEC East is trash.

Trash compared to what other 2nd fiddle division in college football?

Trash compared to what other 2nd fiddle division in college football?

Trash is trash. It doesn't need to be compared to anything. The SEC East is overrated overhyped garbage.

Advertisement
I understand those of you who think the Canes would not be able to handle the SEC because the ACC is weak.

That said, if you would have told me a few years back that a mediocre team like Texas A&M would leave the Big 12 and immediately contend for Big Bowl games in the SEC I would have said you were crazy.
Now, I don't think anyone would argue against If the Aggies were in the SEC East they would hands down be the favorite.

Miami would probably have a better transition with Richt and big time talent coming in. Just my humble opinion.

Tamu had manziel an all time great COLLEGE heisman calliber and winning qb who carried that team.. Miami has Kaaya who is half the player (maybe) and hasn't beaten/carried his team to a meaningful win..

From what I have seen I think Kaaya could light up the secondaries of every single team in the SEC east. Sure, he is no Johnny but he still is a top notch QB with very good weapons and a good coach.

Did any of the people in this thread actually watch the UNC, UGA game? I did, and I saw all the calls going UGA's way. For a second I thought UNC was Miami it was so bad. When teams are evenly matched, the refs favoring one team will normally decide the game. How many games have you seen us lose to a team we were better than because of the refs?

This is like beating up 5th graders and then claiming you can hang with Tyson. Lets beat up a grown up first

Also, by that logic, you stated a 5th grader went toe to toe with Tyson, and Tyson was a lucky chin shot from getting KOed. Lol this ain't the Golden years bub

Fact remains, people are extrapolating wins from the fact we thrashed a few middle school teams. Not that we couldn't beat the sec east, but there isn't any evidence (yet) that should make anyone sure of it.

Advertisement
Did any of the people in this thread actually watch the UNC, UGA game? I did, and I saw all the calls going UGA's way. For a second I thought UNC was Miami it was so bad. When teams are evenly matched, the refs favoring one team will normally decide the game. How many games have you seen us lose to a team we were better than because of the refs?

Mostly we lost those because of coaching.

He was talking about games like ND when they called it a fumble or the flag in tempi

He was talking about games like ND when they called it a fumble or the flag in tempi

exactly.

Advertisement
Miami has done what it was supposed to with the three teams it's played so far, something that they had not been doing for years. We've all been looking for them to dominate teams like this, and not play down to their level. They had to put the brakes on in all three games so far. That being said, they have not played any real competition. We'll know more after GT, but even that is tough, since it's such a one-dimensional offense, with little threat from their passing game.

The only thing I've taken from this thread is the visual of Tyson punching a bunch of 10-11 year olds.

Advertisement
This is like beating up 5th graders and then claiming you can hang with Tyson. Lets beat up a grown up first

Also, by that logic, you stated a 5th grader went toe to toe with Tyson, and Tyson was a lucky chin shot from getting KOed. Lol this ain't the Golden years bub

Fact remains, people are extrapolating wins from the fact we thrashed a few middle school teams. Not that we couldn't beat the sec east, but there isn't any evidence (yet) that should make anyone sure of it.

Maybe people are extrapolating us being a good team from watching us play and evaluating our talent and how it's being used and not from who we've played. Similarly, they might be judging the SEC East teams on how they've played.

We hear this sort of similar argument used to disparage recruits, some of whom have turned out to be great players. "He hasn't played against anyone!! The competition level is garbage!"

Advertisement
Back