Miami working on Richt extension

There is no question, if we hadn't hired him, he'd have taken a year in the booth and likely be the HC at FSU right now, cleaning our clocks in South FL recruiting.

Exactly! That's a million dollar point. If you think FSU would have still picked up Taggert over Richt, you are kidding yourself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Richt as a person, but I don't disagree with a lot of what you've said here.

I do think people around here would rather hide their heads in the sand rather than look at things objectively. When something doesn't go their way, they do go the troll route. They also deflect like there's no tomorrow.

The one thing I don't agree with though is your approach. He's not "bum" and while so think he was burned out at UGA, is that still true today? I hope not, but we'll see. Should he not do more with what he's got here, then maybe he wasn't just burned out at UGA, but also an underachiever. They got some darn good classes under that man, but there was always some reason they fell short.

Agreeing with this joke of a venomous troll and giving him credibility tells me where your head is really at, no matter what you say.

Enough said, I know where you’re coming from now, no matter how you try to hide it. Your mind is already made up. Thanks for the heads up.

Agreeing with this joke of a venomous troll and giving him credibility tells me where your head is really at, no matter what you say.

Enough said, I know where you’re coming from now, no matter how you try to hide it. Your mind is already made up. Thanks for the heads up.

You are such a pompous *** ir isn't even funny. You have a good deal of company in that here, but you just happen to be the ring leader.

That's your thing. If someone doesn't say what you believe, you aren't listening, no matter what they say. Your words, not mine.

Then you pop off with your verbal assaults and what you think is a funny meme when in reality, you're so stuck in your little bubble that you can't see the forest through the trees.

You are such a pompous *** or isn't even funny. You have a good deal of company in that here, but you just happen to be the ring leader.

That's your thing. If someone doesn't say what you believe, you aren't listening, no matter what they say. Your words, not mine.

Then you pop off with your verbal assaults and what you think is a funny meme when in reality, you're so stuck in your little bubble that you can't see the forest through the trees.

Let's look at below.

Are you still hurt because I said he was fired from UGA for not being good enough, or because I mixed up the losing streak?

Maybe because we won the terrible Coastal or because he barely took out a bad FSU.

Maybe his grade school offense has you down. Maybe you see that he can't compete with the present football powers.

Did the fact they played too many games without a weekend off hurt, or maybe the terrible ending to the season. I mean, some dope named Dabo embarrassed him in front of the college football world. Well, so did Pitt. And to a lesser extent, Wisky did too.

Maybe the fact he couldn't close it out on signing day. He sure didn't deserve a contract extension for that either.

So tell me Corky, why so down and out about all the non facts about Mark.

Was Richt not fired due to performance? Yes, he was.

Is the Coastal not a crappy division? Yes, it is. Everyone basically agrees on this and when pre-season talk starts up, posters will talk about how easy our road should be with no projected losses.

Was FSU not a bad team last year? Yes, they were and there's countless posts on this board saying as much. We still win, no shame in that.

Does His offense suck? Not even debatable unless you want to scapegoat everyone but Richt. How you can even do that with a straight face, I don't even know. Okay, it's Rosier. It was Kaaya before. Three years in, he's had time to be better than he has. Hopefully he figures it out.

Can he compete with present powers? Seems he's gotten good classes so far, so he better. Time will tell.

Dabo, he's embarrassed a lot of people. Pitt, bad team, no way around that. Wiscy, fundamentally sound and gritty team. On paper, we have the star power and had the lead big, but when adjustments were made, they made the right ones.

Did he close out on signing day? I love our class, would have loved the Heritage duo, but we lost out to the best program in the country and the team They played to win the MNC. I don't hold that against Richt and company.

You won't answer or a dress those things because they're hard to contest. There's more truth there than fiction. Hopefully Richt still has a rabbit in his hat or we'll see Georgia results here. Good guy, sure. NC coach, he needs to show a lot to make that happen and then you can talk extension.

You are such a pompous *** ir isn't even funny. You have a good deal of company in that here, but you just happen to be the ring leader.

You are such a pompous *** or isn't even funny. You have a good deal of company in that here, but you just happen to be the ring leader.

Let's look at below.

Is the Coastal not a crappy division? Yes, it is. Everyone basically agrees on this and when pre-season talk starts up, posters will talk about how easy our road should be with no projected losses.

Was FSU not a bad team last year? Yes, they were and there's countless posts on this board saying as much. We still win, no shame in that.

Does His offense suck? Not even debatable unless you want to scapegoat everyone but Richt. How you can even do that with a straight face, I don't even know. Okay, it's Rosier. It was Kaaya before. Three years in, he's had time to be better than he has. Hopefully he figures it out.

Can he compete with present powers? Seems he's gotten good classes so far, so he better. Time will tell.

Dabo, he's embarrassed a lot of people. Pitt, bad team, no way around that. Wiscy, fundamentally sound and gritty team. On paper, we have the star power and had the lead big, but when adjustments were made, they made the right ones.

Did he close out on signing day? I love our class, would have loved the Heritage duo, but we lost out to the best program in the country and the team They played to win the MNC. I don't hold that against Richt and company.

You won't answer or a dress those things because they're hard to contest. There's more truth there than fiction. Hopefully Richt still has a rabbit in his hat or we'll see Georgia results here. Good guy, sure. NC coach, he needs to show a lot to make that happen and then you can talk extension.

What's wrong with Georgia results? You're sucking off Kirby but he did exactly what Richt did his first two years in Georgia. And he's doing it with Richt's recruits.

Let's look at below.

That was one mess of a post.

Not even sure what your point was, other than you and ****ies-scare-me are on the same team now

Advertisement

Let's look at below.

Thanks for making me laugh! Been a rough day at work! I really appreciate it.

Miami just had it's best two year stretch in over a decade. The last time they had a 2 year run this good was 2003-2004. I understand that people want conference titles and national titles but we really need to take a look at just how ****** this program has been for a LONG time before we start expecting miracles.

Advertisement
Miami just had it's best two year stretch in over a decade. The last time they had a 2 year run this good was 2003-2004. I understand that people want conference titles and national titles but we really need to take a look at just how ****** this program has been for a LONG time before we start expecting miracles.

2 year run??

Richt's recruiting was mediocre at best until this year. And even this year's class was something of a letdown after we had the #1 recruiting class for most of the summer.

Actually 2004-2005 was a better win %. .750 those 2 years vs .730 the last 2 years. And that was vs a tougher schedule. According to Sagarin we had the 9th and 22nd best schedules in 2004-2005 and have had the 26th and 29th toughest schedules the last 2 years.

What's wrong with Georgia results? You're sucking off Kirby but he did exactly what Richt did his first two years in Georgia. And he's doing it with Richt's recruits.

And Richt did it with Jim Donnans recruits. The difference is Kirby is recruiting a **** of a lot better than Richt ever did and know one can say Richt actually would have made it to the finals if there was a playoff system. Richt is obvioiusly a lot better coach than Golden, but he was fired from UGA for performance, that is a fact. The jury is still out on Kirby. I don't think Richt is the best coach, but he is good enough to win a natty at Miami. We won one with Larry Coker.

Advertisement
I'm just laughing at the people saying Richt couldn't have gotten another job and nobody else was going to hire him. You realize that the other two P5 programs in this state just hired Dan Mullen and Willie Lump Lump as their head football coaches? Oregon just named Mario Cristobal their head coach. There's a small handful of active coaches who have a resume that can trump Richt's. Teams would literally be lining up to hire him.
Jesus frame this post

God some people on this thread swear if we hired cristobal, lane Kiffin or butch Davis we'd be winning national championships year 3

Advertisement
God some people on this thread swear if we hired cristobal, lane Kiffin or butch Davis we'd be winning national championships year 3

Yeah, but Kiffin likes to Tweet and beat the **** out of conference USA teams and Davis was a god 20 years ago, Mario...well, he has nice hair!

Nobody's calling to fire Richt. It's just hard to see what he's done to deserve an extension when he still has 3 years left on his contract.

Nobody's calling to fire Richt. It's just hard to see what he's done to deserve an extension when he still has 3 years left on his contract.
Maybe just the best season in 15 years? Maybe the first division title ever?
Maybe the first coach to notch wins over FSU, Notre Dame, and VaTech since 1987?

And he did it with a backup 3rd baseman playing QB.

Advertisement
Back