Miami vs UNC game may have to be cancelled/rescheduled

Has a hurricane ever impacted the Raleigh Durham area?

Doesn't matter if the Triangle area (Piedmont) is affected if the adjacent Coastal Area of the state is significantly flooded and resources are needed there to rescue people, restore power, deter looting, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has a hurricane ever impacted the Raleigh Durham area?
Hugo and Fran caused wind damage and fatalities (lived in Central NC at the time). Floyd and Matthew caused massive flooding in the east where I live now, only 60 miles east of Raleigh. It looks like Dorian will pass to the east of RDU, but yes an impact is definitely possible - although not probable.

Hugo and Fran caused wind damage and fatalities (lived in Central NC at the time). Floyd and Matthew caused massive flooding in the east where I live now, only 60 miles east of Raleigh. It looks like Dorian will pass to the east of RDU, but yes an impact is definitely possible - although not probable.
60 miles inland is a lot

True, but Dorian is literally the size of Georgia. Greenville NC (at least 60 miles from the coast) after Hurricane floyd:
roof2.jpg

Advertisement
True, but Dorian is literally the size of Georgia. Greenville NC (at least 60 miles from the coast) after Hurricane floyd:
roof2.jpg

Dorian the size of Georgia? Who told you that? That’s just dead wrong.

It’s parked about 80 miles directly east from my front door and I barely even got rain or wind. You must be listening to some the amateurs meteorologists that are popping up.

This is were a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Those clouds don’t indicate the size of the hurricane.

The hurricane wind field only extends about 30 miles from the eye. Unless Georgia is 30 miles across, I think you are just a little bit off.

Thanks for playing. You can let yourself out.

This is were a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Those clouds don’t indicate the size of the hurricane.

The hurricane wind field only extends about 30 miles from the eye. Unless Georgia is 30 miles across, I think you are just a little bit off.

Dorian has gone from 185 MPH to 130 MPH in a day. Let’s hope the trend continues. As it heads North and away from the coast it will get to cooler waters and weaken considerably.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Lol... what do those rain bands indicate? I specifically posted the effects of flooding, not wind damage. Didnt i?

This hurricane is the size of Georgia. Stop moving goalposts because you spoke out your ***, now see yourself out.

Advertisement
The thread was made Saturday, you now have had like 60 more hours of data and forecasting and progress to state your opinion. No one was delusional for thinking the game wouldn’t be played when looking at the models from Saturday
Face it your an idiot and most people on here would agree.

Advertisement
Back