Miami vs UNC game may have to be cancelled/rescheduled

Yes. If the eastern half of the state is flooded has been declared a national disaster area, they aren't playing football in the western half of the state. A state school is not taking chances and will close because storms can do weird things and go outside the cone.
The triangle is not in the western half of the state

Advertisement
For those who want the game to be scheduled at home, that hypothetical would not be a good option.
Colombia plays Brazil in a friendly soccer match on Friday night. Getting the field ready in less than 24 hours would not be ideal.
Remember the sodding issues we had a couple years back. The field was horrendous at the beginning of the 2017 season.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks this game is getting cancelled or moved is delusional, barring forecast changes. NC fans aren't worried, probably because they know where Chapel Hill is actually located within the state.

@davion_mori Chapel Hill is projected to see 2-3 inches of rain and 25-30 MPH winds for 1 day. Why wont they be able to practice again? They have a IPF.
The thread was made Saturday, you now have had like 60 more hours of data and forecasting and progress to state your opinion. No one was delusional for thinking the game wouldn’t be played when looking at the models from Saturday

Advertisement
The thread was made Saturday, you now have had like 60 more hours of data and forecasting and progress to state your opinion. No one was delusional for thinking the game wouldn’t be played when looking at the models from Saturday

Thread was started Saturday at 7pm. It is 9am Monday. How is that 60 hours?

The closest the storm will come to NC is around Wilmington. The distance from Wilmington to Chapel Hill is 130 miles as the crow flies. If the storm degenerates to a 3 or a 2 the wind field in Chapel Hill will be negligible.

The closest the storm will come to NC is around Wilmington. The distance from Wilmington to Chapel Hill is 130 miles as the crow flies. If the storm degenerates to a 3 or a 2 the wind field in Chapel Hill will be negligible.

And UNC Wilmington has not cancelled classes.

You know that I know that you a bytch pretending to be a dude right? You must of forgot that my handle was Umomentum first.
So you gonna have to get your throat and your **** pushed in by somebody else cause I ain’t into that type of phuckery girlyboi.
Still going with that Cat 6, BowelMovement? LOL. Dumb bytch. Catastrophe expert. LMAO

Advertisement

Attachments

• woooooo(1).gif
    woooooo(1).gif
    897 KB · Views: 2
  • B0999C7F-6C7B-430E-941F-39A453310568.gif
    B0999C7F-6C7B-430E-941F-39A453310568.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Should know for sure by Wednesday.

I can’t see it being a good thing that it has stalled out over the Bahamas. Only slowing down the impact day of the Carolinas. Now it’s looking like it won’t be till Friday when it’s passing NC. Just don’t see how we play unless it really pushes out into the Atlantic.

The storm will be in Newfoundland by kickoff Saturday night, it will be a Cat 1 or 2 off the coast of NC when it passes, don't see why this changes the game but in today's world maybe they don't even want us playing in the rain any longer.

Advertisement
P
I can’t see it being a good thing that it has stalled out over the Bahamas. Only slowing down the impact day of the Carolinas. Now it’s looking like it won’t be till Friday when it’s passing NC. Just don’t see how we play unless it really pushes out into the Atlantic.

EDd1M6bXYAA5OzH

The storm will be in Newfoundland by kickoff Saturday night, it will be a Cat 1 or 2 off the coast of NC when it passes, don't see why this changes the game but in today's world maybe they don't even want us playing in the rain any longer.

But what if it jobs left just enough and nails NC. That’s the problem. You can’t fly kids to a state to play football if the coats of that state is getting hit with a Cat 3-4 hurricane. The storm will have to continue to trend into the Atlantic and also be a Cat 1 for this to work

Advertisement
But what if it jobs left just enough and nails NC. That’s the problem. You can’t fly kids to a state to play football if the coats of that state is getting hit with a Cat 3-4 hurricane. The storm will have to continue to trend into the Atlantic and also be a Cat 1 for this to work

I thought they we pretty certain that it would be a Category 1 when it hits South Carolina

Back in 1999 we played at ECU a few days after a hurricane ravaged the area, including their campus and the game was played.
I remember driving through the state the following Monday and parts of I95 remained closed because of flooding.
So not sure why folks think this game won't be played.

Advertisement
Back