Miami vs. GT - ACC Tournament

Hey Jagr-the-Weasel -

You are not a UM fan, so you would not know this, but the Hurricanes made the World Series in both 2015 and 2016. Only two other teams can boast that, which implies that Morris is still a top coach.

Also, the tournament that you are discussing in this thread is NOT the NCAA tournament - it is the ACC tournament. Am not going to bother explaining to you what the difference between the two tournaments is, but I recommend that you do some research on it.

Advertisement
You are not a UM fan, so you would not know this, but the Hurricanes made the World Series in both 2015 and 2016. Only two other teams can boast that, which implies that Morris is still a top coach.

Yeah, that was a tough gauntlet getting through Virginia Commonwealth and Boston College. Almost as impressive as beating Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in 2017.

Also, the tournament that you are discussing in this thread is NOT the NCAA tournament - it is the ACC tournament. Am not going to bother explaining to you what the difference between the two tournaments is, but I recommend that you do some research on it.

LMAO. Tell us about that NCAA tournament game you were at when we lost in extra innings when the game ended on a bad throw by Gutierrez.

Why don't you ever respond when your mistakes are exposed? What a coward.

Wrong again jagr-the-gnome.........

Here you go:

"After winning 45 games in a row in which they led entering the 9th, top seed Miami blows it as first-round draftee Carlos Gutierrez makes a two-run error."

Georgia tied the game on our error and we lost to an SEC team in extra innings.

Just for clarification, who did we lose to in extra innings? You were there, so you should know this.

Bump

Advertisement
What does the timing or quantity of my posting have to do with anything?

You question what kind of fan I am, yet I have been here since game one. When things looked bleak you disappeared.

You have said this baseball team is awful

The team IS awful. We had the worst offense in major college baseball.

that Morris is done

Morris IS done. Our program has not been the same since his divorce/marriage/childbirth. It might seem personal but it's the truth.

the season is over

And I am also the guy who has consistently laid out what we can do to make the post-season. You find a way to ignore those posts.

and the world is coming to an end

Try not to be such a drama queen.

here we are about to be in the regionals and you are not happy about it...

We haven't made anything yet, but I am thrilled about the chance to make the regionals. I can despise Morris and DiMare AND hope that we win championships. Complicated, I know.

sorry that this Miami team is coming on strong...

Eh, not so much. We've pulled off two miracles just to beat a couple of the worst teams in the ACC.

Some of you have major problems with Jagr but this post is spot on. And if you disagree you just have an orange and green way of viewing things. Contrary to people's belief you can think it is time for change and still want to win. Footballs been going through it for 15 years.

UM played in the College World Series in both 2015 and 2016. That is akin to the Final Four in basketball.

There is no doubt that this was a terrible year, but as of today we are still elite. Longhorns missed the NCAA 3 of the past 6 years. We have attended 44-years in a row,

Vanderbilt is the only private school whose performance is even close to UM's. Between 2003 and 2016, they attended three World Series.

Morris had one of the three best programs in the country in both 2015 and 2016. That is a fact. LSU and FLorida were better, but that is it.

UM played in the College World Series in both 2015 and 2016. That is akin to the Final Four in basketball.

There is no doubt that this was a terrible year, but as of today we are still elite. Longhorns missed the NCAA 3 of the past 6 years. We have attended 44-years in a row,

Vanderbilt is the only private school whose performance is even close to UM's. Between 2003 and 2016, they attended three World Series.

Morris had one of the three best programs in the country in both 2015 and 2016. That is a fact. LSU and FLorida were better, but that is it.

That is definitely not a fact. We snuck through comically easy regionals and super regionals in both 2015 and 2016, and went a combined 1-4 in Omaha.

Except that to make it to the Final Four in basketball, you have to be one of the last four teams, not the last eight, and in basketball you can't lose a single game along the way.

There is no doubt that this was a terrible year, but as of today we are still elite. Longhorns missed the NCAA 3 of the past 6 years. We have attended 44-years in a row

We are not elite. Comparing us to Texas doesn't make us elite.

Dartmouth is private.

Good lord. If he had one of the best three programs, we would be able to beat a #1 seed occasionally. Instead we have to come back from post-season losses against teams like Columbia and Boston College. We haven't been top anything since 2008.

Advertisement

That is definitely not a fact. We snuck through comically easy regionals and super regionals in both 2015 and 2016, and went a combined 1-4 in Omaha.

Winner winner chicken dinner

I see the retards were out in full force again

I would not call yourself a ****** Zbrod, how about "intellectually challenged." IQ is mainly genetic.

Now I know why you defend Morris using idiotic stats with a plethora of confounding variables that you don't bother to mention lol.

I don't like canesproponent, I'm gonna change your name to canesderrrrponent....hope you're ok with that princess.

Advertisement
Jim Morris will go down as one of the best coaches in the history of college baseball. It isn't even a debatable point.

While I'm very glad we made the postseason, I'm kinda bummed that now we'll have to put up with an additional week of C(un)TCANE, txCane, and Canesprotampon porsting.

Jagr, you need to do yourself a favor and put the special kids on ignore.

Jim Morris will go down as one of the best coaches in the history of college baseball. It isn't even a debatable point.

Bobby Bowden, JoePa and Steve Spurrier also went down as one of the best coaches in college football and yet they stuck around too long.
But it is a concept diificult for you to understand considering you fought tooth and nail with everyone on the Cane boards when people
wanted Perry Clark out as UM hoops coach.
You have trouble with critical thinking.

//oh, and good call on supporting Marco Rubio. LOL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back