Miami vs. GT - ACC Tournament

Advertisement
Cabezas was absolutely dominant today. He was easily the MVP. It was nice to see Miami win a game with all their miscues (base running errors, fielding errors, walks, etc.)

One more win gives us a real chance. 2 more wins and I think we're definitely in. #CardiacCanes

The Gator returns as surly as ever. If we beat Wake..... Watch out~!~ His ire will be unmatched.

Carlos Gutierrez cost us the game against Georgia. He missed a routine throw to end the game. I was there. (Mistyped the year.)

Morris' teams do not nose-dive. Am not going to do the research, but they showed his second half performance earlier this year and it was staggering. The scholarships finally caught up, and he wins at a lower rate than before, but his teams improve or plateau as the season progresses. This is based on a 60-game season and not on the post-season.

If he beats Wake, this could easily be his best year coaching. The team batted under 0.200 for 28-games..... They are

Garrido won at Fullerton, which is amazing, but his Texas teams faltered often. If they were marginal at the halfway point of the season, the team would perform abysmally during the second half. Morris' team never do. His teams fight throughout.

This season, the team's winning percentage increased from ~42% to ~65% during the second half of the season.

You are irate because the team you hate continues to prove you wrong.

Advertisement
It's amazing what can happen when Morris decides to be proactive. He got Frankie into the game in the 5th and Andrew in the 7th before major damage could be done. The pregame decision to change the closer was vital because otherwise we all know Frankie would have been done after an inning or two, Cabezas would have already been out of the game, and we would have lost.

The Gator returns as surly as ever. If we beat Wake..... Watch out~!~ His ire will be unmatched.

Carlos Gutierrez cost us the game against Georgia. He missed a routine throw to end the game. I was there. (Mistyped the year.)

Morris' teams do not nose-dive. Am not going to do the research, but they showed his second half performance earlier this year and it was staggering. The scholarships finally caught up, and he wins at a lower rate than before, but his teams improve or plateau as the season progresses. This is based on a 60-game season and not on the post-season.

If he beats Wake, this could easily be his best year coaching. The team batted under 0.200 for 28-games..... They are

Garrido won at Fullerton, which is amazing, but his Texas teams faltered often. If they were marginal at the halfway point of the season, the team would perform abysmally during the second half. Morris' team never do. His teams fight throughout.

This season, the team's winning percentage increased from ~42% to ~65% during the second half of the season.

You are irate because the team you hate continues to prove you wrong.

I'm Switzerland in this, but I believe you already have a 'callout' thread, think you can stick to that for your moronic drivel?

BTW, this isn't a defense of the called out poster, more so that you clearly have **** for brains, your attempts at insults are rudimentary, your attempts at criticism even worse, and I don't want to have to scroll past this **** in every game thread.

You were there and you think the game ended on a bad throw? That would be a cool trick considering that we were the home team in that game.

The Gaytor returns. Weasel-like-gnome is back........ Furious about the win............ Ranting throughout the game.... Then he suddenly has his 'hopes 'dashed by another over-performing Morris-team. [Forced to utilize three distinct log-in-names, in order to appease his fragile, gnome-ego......]

Have meetings through Thursday, but am really hoping that we win on Thursday. Will return if we win.....

For three years the gnome decried Morris, and Morris made it to baseball's Final Four in two of those years. We will see what we are in store for this year.

I think Morris has this gnome's number......

Advertisement
For all of the criticism Morris has received this year, most of it deserved IMO, if he can drag this under achieving bunch kicking and screaming into the NCAA tourney this might go down as one of the best coaching jobs of his career.

GO CANES!!!!

tenor.gif

Attachments

• giphy.jpg
    giphy.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Notice how he glosses over his errors and always comes back to this stupid Gator thing. Tell us more about that game ending throw that you saw in person.

Wrong again jagr-the-gnome.........

Here you go:

"After winning 45 games in a row in which they led entering the 9th, top seed Miami blows it as first-round draftee Carlos Gutierrez makes a two-run error."

Georgia tied the game on our error and we lost to an SEC team in extra innings.

Wrong again!!! You were proven wrong on the RPI and now this........

Weasel 0 and the statistician 7

You don't want to go back to the RPI thing, unless you're still convinced that they selected the field in mid-April.

How about this: if the Gutierrez error ended the game, I'll leave the board. If it didn't end the game, you leave. Deal?

Advertisement
Wrong again jagr-the-gnome.........

Here you go:

"After winning 45 games in a row in which they led entering the 9th, top seed Miami blows it as first-round draftee Carlos Gutierrez makes a two-run error."

Just for clarification, who did we lose to in extra innings? You were there, so you should know this.

I still think we need to win the first three. Call me cynical, but I can count on one finger (the Duke KO/TD runback) the number of times where a subjective process gave us the benefit of the doubt.

Here's your game ending error in extra innings:

Score by Innings R H E

-------------------------------------------

Georgia............. 001 002 004 - 7 11 1

Miami (Fla.)........ 102 000 100 - 4 7 1

-------------------------------------------

For someone who was there, you sure don't remember it very well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back