Miami vs. GT - ACC Tournament

Advertisement
These rantings of the gnome remind me of the Simpson's grandfather who would rant to the clouds.

Needless to say, the gnome crawls back to his concierge desk. Despondent.... Angry at the world...

You have one more chance gnome.... Wake Forest... They are 10 in RPI and we have our best pitcher on the mound, so we are in the Regionals if we win. The way this team is peaking, it could make some noise. If they keep winning, we may rid ourselves of the gnome just yet.

By the way gnome, how do I get to Hemingway's old house at the tip of the island?

Here are the rantings before he deletes the: "So we get the leadoff man on in the 8th, and Romy grounds into a double play on a 3-1 pitch.

And people wonder why we're not positive all the time."

Advertisement
So the guy who does the game thread is really a Gator fan who wants Miami to lose.

This is the same guy who thought the field was selected in April of 2002.

Any news on the Key West angle?

Where are all of the posters who said the season was over??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Advertisement
Pardon the stupid question, was looking at the tournament schedule, now that Miami has won one game, how do they determine who gets into the semifinals if multiple teams are 1-1. It's not double elimination as far as I can tell.

Advertisement
Pardon the stupid question, was looking at the tournament schedule, now that Miami has won one game, how do they determine who gets into the semifinals if multiple teams are 1-1. It's not double elimination as far as I can tell.

Highest seed wins the tiebreaker. So the Wake-GT game literally means nothing.

Season comes down to our best pitcher. That foiled us in 2001, but this team is resilient...

If we make the semifinals, they will grant us a spot in the tournament, but the season is over with a loss.

Am curious to see the RPI after today.

Morris' teams almost always improve as the season progresses. Many plateau, but none decline in performance.

I think these guys beat Wake. They are cresting at present.

Where are all of the posters who said the season was over??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

gallery-1446087157-trump2.gif

Advertisement
Season comes down to our best pitcher. That foiled us in 2001, but this team is resilient...

If we make the semifinals, they will grant us a spot in the tournament, but the season is over with a loss.

Am curious to see the RPI after today.

Morris' teams almost always improve as the season progresses. Many plateau, but none decline in performance.

I think these guys beat Wake. They are cresting at present.

According to warrennolan RPI is unchanged after today.

The RPI didn't move. Still at #47 , as expected.

Morris's teams never falter? Then why do we go into the post-season with high RPIs only to get obliterated against other #1 seeds?

For all of the criticism Morris has received this year, most of it deserved IMO, if he can drag this under achieving bunch kicking and screaming into the NCAA tourney this might go down as one of the best coaching jobs of his career.

GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
Back