Miami vs. FSU 8pm ACCN

We did not play very well tonight. Wong struggled big time, our bench gave us absolutely NOTHING (literally nothing - 0 points, 0 boards, 0 assists….yikes), we got badly outrebounded again…and yet we STILL should’ve won if it wasn’t for that BS phantom goaltend on walker and that horse **** foul on Moore. We better beat these mother****ers at the Watsco in 11 days.

Advertisement
You guys realize you can lose a game where everything was stacked against you and still be a good team, without expecting to win a natty, right?

This was the ultimate let down spot, against a team who is dominate at home. Team didn’t play well and got screwed at the end to keep them from escaping with a win. It’s not the end of the world scenario.

Looking forward, who is gonna check Bacot next week? He’s lighting up everybody and Miller is the best we got. Something has to change. We have the guards to compete with anybody, but If we get destroyed on the glass, it will be a loss. FSU just isn’t as good as they have been. So the discrepancy wasn’t as glaring on the scoreboard as it could’ve been.

They put fsu into the double bonus half way into the 2nd. Goaltending lol. Wasn’t even at the top of the arc.
given their size and length advantage, and them playing at home, the foul disparity was pretty predictable. I didn't think the reffing was all that bad... somehow Wardenburg managed to not foul out.

Wong and McGusty missed wide open threes in the final two minutes that would have given us some breathing room. they came down and hit a three, we came back and hit one. felt to me like a typical conference road game... if you even go .500 on the road in conference in a given year you're pretty happy and likely make the tournament. it is what it is.

given their size and length advantage, and them playing at home, the foul disparity was pretty predictable. I didn't think the reffing was all that bad... somehow Wardenburg managed to not foul out.

Wong and McGusty missed wide open threes in the final two minutes that would have given us some breathing room. they came down and hit a three, we came back and hit one. felt to me like a typical conference road game... if you even go .500 on the road in conference in a given year you're pretty happy and likely make the tournament. it is what it is.

It’s harder for a big guy to guard a quicker small guy without fouling than vice versa.

The refs called a straight first half then went to the mat for FSU in the second with feather fouls only going one way until it got so bad they had to call a few to even the disparity. Then they came through with the buzzer bailout.

Advertisement
I also didn’t post much the last 2 years when the Canes were the only team in CBB that couldn’t find enough scholarship players. I’m just telling you what I see now. I watch every **** game.

I also didn’t post when they beat FAU on a last second shot, got beat by an average Dayton team, looked like **** vs N. Tex, and got beat by 30 to Bama…

I was ****ed when they weren’t ranked today but when you compare with other schedules of T25 teams… I get it! That’s the facts.

Is what it is… get over it. You probably love the moral victories of covering the spread to your rival that you have now lost to 8 straight times… I don’t!
What are your other aliases?

Worst part of all this is that FSU is probably the hardest team for us to boat race - even on a good night - because of their length, athleticism, and style of play.

I hope we curb stomp them next week… but it’s probably going to be another slugfest.

Advertisement
We did not play very well tonight. Wong struggled big time, our bench gave us absolutely NOTHING (literally nothing - 0 points, 0 boards, 0 assists….yikes), we got badly outrebounded again…and yet we STILL should’ve won if it wasn’t for that BS phantom goaltend on walker and that horse **** foul on Moore. We better beat these mother****ers at the Watsco in 11 days.
Very disappointing loss and Miami still is lacking one more serviceable big man for rebounding and defense, etc.

Moore hit that 3, very devastating to lose on the foul at the end. Our perimeter D against the 3 can still be improved. Tough loss coming off that super high win in Duke 3 days earlier.

Very disappointing loss and Miami still is lacking one more serviceable big man for rebounding and defense, etc.

Moore hit that 3, very devastating to lose on the foul at the end. Our perimeter D against the 3 can still be improved. Tough loss coming off that super high win in Duke 3 days earlier.
Everything still in front of us just have to keep going!

Sam did give us 8 points and 3 blocks but wasn't a factor at all on the offensive glass. Only 3 defensive rebounds in 34 minutes is not saying much for a guy his size. His forte is still his perimeter shooting (which we don't really need this season). So, when you say we lack one MORE big man ....

Advertisement
Anybody think we get the same call on the other end of the court?

Me either
100% didn’t get it on the other end. Miller got raked on one of the offensive rebounds before the kick out to Moore for the 3. Far worse than the “foul” Moore was called for. Also, the guy that called the foul on Moore was 30 feet from the play, while the guy 5 feet from the play underneath the goal swallowed his whistle. Absolutely nothing more than a “Look at me” call.

Ridiculous foul differential all game
Horrible goaltend call
Charlie missing front end of 1/1 late
0 bench contribution
Phantom foul with .8 seconds on a ridiculous circus shot
BUT
kept our turnovers low (11), 15 assists, forced 15 FSU turnovers
shot well from 3 (43%)
Should have won by double digits

Advertisement
Yea this. This was as poorly as we played in 10 games and they still needed the zebras to bail them out. Frustrating as **** but also speaks to real lack of depth. It's gonna bite us some nights.

This team has Great 8 defense. FSU is something like 34-2 in the last 3 years at home. If not for a ghost call we'd have beaten them. If our guys had played better offense we'd have beaten them. In basketball you lose to teams that you are better than sometimes.

We've got UNC at home next week. Lets get back to it.

Sam Waardenburg is a shot blocking machine! Lol!

Advertisement
Back