Miami vs Florida game #2

There is always the talk where they will say Oh it's just another series just another opponent I wonder if it has gotten to the point where they have actually convinced themselves that's the case with Florida. Whereas Florida believes and plays like we're a rival.

Advertisement
Florida has zero doubt they will lose to us, the game could be 9-0 in the ninth and their full expectation is to beat us, and the opposite goes for the sientate crew called the UM bats

Advertisement
Worst thing for us was for them to have that scare against Jacksonville on Wednesday. It made them hate the thought of losing.

How is that an excuse? It is a fact. We never turn it around even though you people promise us that "we're fine".
Since dimare has been things have gotten better.team is a lot better you have to admit that.great teams aren't built in one season only a dumba$$ fan would expect that.especially as bad as this team was at the end of morriss's tenure.

Advertisement
Since dimare has been things have gotten better.team is a lot better you have to admit that.great teams aren't built in one season only a dumba$$ fan would expect that.especially as bad as this team was at the end of morriss's tenure.

its somewhat better, the bats and gloves still crumble in big games

FYI - Gino DiMare was running the team during those seasons. You people have to quit acting as though Gino came in and turned things around. He is trying to overcome his own failures.

FYI - Gino DiMare was running the team during those seasons. You people have to quit acting as though Gino came in and turned things around. He is trying to overcome his own failures.
then why the difference the way the team plays now.and why wasn't the team winning if Di Mare was running the show two hrs ago.you make no sense with that all.postseason appearances wouldn't had stop ending the streak.

Advertisement
then why the difference the way the team plays now.and why wasn't the team winning if Di Mare was running the show two hrs ago.you make no sense with that all.postseason appearances wouldn't had stop ending the streak.

I’m sorry, but what “difference” are you referring to? We went 2-2 in a regional last year where, surprisingly, we couldn’t hit against a good team. This year we have had three tough games and we lost all three of them.

All this whining needs to stop. We were 1 pitch away from a win and all this nonsense calling for Gino's head would have been praised. This is just the rub of the game and doesn't define the season.

The reason that UF and UM play this game so early in the season is to find out about themselves against a quality apponent.

A national championship isn't won or lost in February.

That is pure BS. Every game counts. It can be the difference between winning or losing a Conference Championship. Getting a bid to host instead of playing away games. An "L" means just as much in Feb. as it does in May.

That is pure BS. Every game counts. It can be the difference between winning or losing a Conference Championship. Getting a bid to host instead of playing away games. An "L" means just as much in Feb. as it does in May.
Out of 50+ games and playing in the ACC, the UF series won't matter. You think being a host thru the Super Regional is going to come down to 3 losses to Florida? NO.. What this team does in the ACC and midweek will matter most when it's all said and done.

The Florida series was for bragging rights. Miami only dropped 3 spots in the rankings. If they had swept Florida the'd be #1. Just beating Florida wouldn't keep them at #1 and that's my point. Winning or losing to Florida isn't going to make or break the season.

Advertisement
Out of 50+ games and playing in the ACC, the UF series won't matter. You think being a host thru the Super Regional is going to come down to 3 losses to Florida? NO.. What this team does in the ACC and midweek will matter most when it's all said and done.

The Florida series was for bragging rights. Miami only dropped 3 spots in the rankings. If they had swept Florida the'd be #1. Just beating Florida wouldn't keep them at #1 and that's my point. Winning or losing to Florida isn't going to make or break the season.
The Fla losses won't matter as far as the ACC goes, but will count when the season ends and UM's overall record will determine if they host a regional or not. It might also determine if they even get to play in a regional. They also dropped more than 3 spots, depending on which poll you use. As far as bragging rights go, it gives UF a leg up when going after recruits. Based on what I saw, their recruiting paid off, while ours looked like they were lost out there. That may not be their complete fault and more about the coaching and development they have received since coming to UM.

I'm not sure you understand how the selection process works. The difference between 8 & 9 and 16 & 17 is razor thin. The UF series absolutely hurts us when they're comparing us to someone with a similar resume.

I'm not sure you understand how the selection process works. The difference between 8 & 9 and 16 & 17 is razor thin. The UF series absolutely hurts us when they're comparing us to someone with a similar resume.
The college baseball board is filled with more idiots than any other board on this sight. It's clear as day these guys don't follow the baseball program consistently.

Just give it up. You making too big a deal out of 1 series. It's a big deal for Miami fans because it's Florida, This ain't footbal. Getting a top 8 national seed isn't going to depend on 1 series. If Miami wins the ACC, they'll be a top 8 team. Lose to Louisville at home and UM probably in the 9-12 range. It all depends on the total body of work.

Do you think the committee is going to say, "Well Miami won 50+ game and an ACC title, but they got swept by Florida in the 2nd week of baseball. Two out of 3 games went to extra innings after Miami was leading, but they're not worthy of a national seed?" NO.

In 2016, Miami lost 2/3 games to Florida that weren't even as close as this past weekend. They were 19-6 in the ACC won 2/3 against Louisville which I believe will be the key this year. They won 2 and lost 1 in the ACC tournament. Louisville was a #2 national seed and Miami was the #3 seed. Sound familiar? We have Louisville at home just like in 2016 where we lost to the gators.

So, like I said, one series isn't going to make or break the season. Miami has ample opportunities against ranked ACC opponents and some quality non conference games against FAU and UCF who swept 3 games from #11 Auburn last weekend.

Sounds like you still have a hangover from the Florida losses. Time to move on. 90% of the season remaining.

FYI, I played D-1 baseball. Not a big conference like the ACC, but in the Missouri Valley Conference. I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back