Miami vs Florida game #2

Just give it up. You making too big a deal out of 1 series. It's a big deal for Miami fans because it's Florida, This ain't footbal. Getting a top 8 national seed isn't going to depend on 1 series. If Miami wins the ACC, they'll be a top 8 team. Lose to Louisville at home and UM probably in the 9-12 range. It all depends on the total body of work.

It most certainly is dependent on one series when you're #9 in the RPI and one win against an elite team would have vaulted you into a national seed.

Do you think the committee is going to say, "Well Miami won 50+ game and an ACC title, but they got swept by Florida in the 2nd week of baseball. Two out of 3 games went to extra innings after Miami was leading, but they're not worthy of a national seed?" NO.

If we're competing with three other teams for the final national seed spot, and they have a slightly better RPI and one more win, then blowing the UF series absolutely mattered.

FYI, I played D-1 baseball. Not a big conference like the ACC, but in the Missouri Valley Conference. I know what I'm talking about.

The last person I would ever listen to when it comes to seeding procedures is a freaking player.

Advertisement
In 2016, Miami lost 2/3 games to Florida that weren't even as close as this past weekend. They were 19-6 in the ACC won 2/3 against Louisville which I believe will be the key this year. They won 2 and lost 1 in the ACC tournament. Louisville was a #2 national seed and Miami was the #3 seed. Sound familiar? We have Louisville at home just like in 2016 where we lost to the gators.

In 2017 we were one of the next three teams that just missed the field of 64. Just one win over #3 Florida, instead of getting swept, would have made the difference. You have to get some wins against the best teams on your schedule.

In 2016, we ended up with a joke of a regional and more of a joke super regional and went 0-2 and Q in Omaha. The poor showing against UF that year was an indicator of where we stood nationally.

Advertisement
In 2016, we ended up with a joke of a regional and more of a joke super regional and went 0-2 and Q in Omaha. The poor showing against UF that year was an indicator of where we stood nationally.

We have not defeated a #1 seed in the postseason since 2008. As you said, the UF series usually tells us how we will eventually stack up against other good teams.

Was that the year where we lost 15-0 in Omaha to them also? Or was that 15? We have been such a joke for so many years.

"If Miami wins the ACC, they'll be a top 8 team."

And if the Queen had balls, she would be King. I hope they win the ACC, but until they do, I can only go by what I'm seeing how they played against a very good UF team. Sure, we should get our share of wins against the creampuffs on our schedule, but the rest of the ACC is not just going to roll over for us. What happens to your theory if FAU and UCF pull the upset? The game against USF today, might tell us if the UF losses has had a hangover effect.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back