Miami vs Florida game #2

Advertisement
It's almost like their baseball team really gets up to play us, the same way our football team really gets up to play them, notwithstanding last season's close loss. We are not matching their intensity on the diamond. They seem to see us as a bigger rival than we do them. Frustrating to watch.

Advertisement
This team has no clue how to do the little things to win. Loafing on the basepaths, throwing to the wrong base, failing to move runners over, making throws that shouldn't be made, terrible pitch selection in critical situations and on and on. This has been a staple of UM baseball for far too long and apparently continues unabated under the Board of Trustee's son. You aren't beating quality opponents playing stupid baseball.

It's almost like their baseball team really gets up to play us, the same way our football team really gets up to play them, notwithstanding last season's close loss. We are not matching their intensity on the diamond. They seem to see us as a bigger rival than we do them. Frustrating to watch.

Or we have been psychologically destroyed by them.

Advertisement
This team has no clue how to do the little things to win. Loafing on the basepaths, throwing to the wrong base, failing to move runners over, making throws that shouldn't be made, terrible pitch selection in critical situations and on and on. This has been a staple of UM baseball for far too long and apparently continues unabated under the Board of Trustee's son. You aren't beating quality opponents playing stupid baseball.

Better hope Gino figures it out because he has tenure.

I can’t take this anymore. Thought this was the year we beat the sh*t out of them

I know our battered fan syndrome fans won’t want to hear it, but I do think Miami would’ve won this series with Zamora. Just a cursed athletic program.

I will say that UF has a bunch of dorks on their team. They won’t win crap this year with their lil attitude.

All this whining needs to stop. We were 1 pitch away from a win and all this nonsense calling for Gino's head would have been praised. This is just the rub of the game and doesn't define the season.

The reason that UF and UM play this game so early in the season is to find out about themselves against a quality apponent.

A national championship isn't won or lost in February.

Last edited:
2) Guys like Lala, Jenkins, Vilar, Tuero, Paige all needed more weight room work to get stronger so they can have more pop at the plate and control the bat better. I want to see if any of that occurred, and if we can see the benefits.
I posted the above in another preseason thread. It looks like this didn't occur, except for maybe Jenkins hitting the weights some.

This not occurring, along with the errors/McFarlane's bad 10th, along with the loss of Zamora...and we lose yet again to the Gheytors. ******* depressing.

Advertisement
There are plenty of player related reasons we lost this series, but the fundamental difference is O’Sullivan coaching circles around Gino. He’s gotten every big in game tactical decision wrong.

Advertisement
All this whining needs to stop. We were 1 pitch away from a win. This is just the rub of the game and doesn't define the season.

The reason tha UF and UM play this game so early in the season is to find out about themselves against a quality apponent.

A national championship is won or lost in February.

You are right. We have found out about ourselves against a quality opponent.

I posted the above in another preseason thread. It looks like this didn't occur, except for maybe Jenkins hitting the weights some.

This not occurring, along with the errors/McFarlane's bad 10th, along with the loss of Zamora...and we lose yet again to the Gheytors. ******* depressing.
The strength coach left before Fall practice and we ended up promoting the trainer

Advertisement
Back