MIAMI vs ALABAMA depth charts

Advertisement
What makes the star ranking comparison virtually irrelevant is that Bama has a ratio of something like 6 analysts for each player on our team (including walk-ons) studying their every tendency, and they’ve been doing it around the clock for the past year. Same for every other team they play.

They know which post-workout smoothie our third string kicker likes on Tuesdays, and they have a former NFL head coach who knows exactly how tight our walk-on OT likes his ankle wrap.

Hard for me me to care how the recruiting rankings compare when they have the manpower to know every team they play inside and out. That’s a problem.

This is an underrated post

Saying the talent level of Miami, 2 deep to 3 deep, is comparable or even close to Alabama‘s, is delusional.

For Miami to win it’s going to have to out-scheme and out-coach Alabama, because there is zero chance we can beat them by out-talenting them.

I‘ll leave it to each individual to figure out our odds.

I’m with you on that. As crazy as it sounds this will be our shot. If we wanna make a national splash this is it. But I just don’t see it happening unless they turn it over about 5 times. They still have Saban. He doesn’t rebuild. They’re gonna be really good.
I agree, just think it comes down to whether this is a 10-2 or 12-0 Alabama type year.

Advertisement
Being fired up before this game and running out jumping around PLEASE A HUGE and embarrassing mistake.
Jog out at best focused solid because a dam of camouflaged plays is about to be a deluge frenzy.

Scheme for BAMA is find weakness and feed relentlessly till droopy finger pointing starts.

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS, I don’t care if the **** on your shoes walk away FOCUS.

Make play jog to huddle FOCUS.

Lose FOCUS an dam will bust of BAMA quick tempo huddle scores

GOCANES

The funny thing (maybe not funny) is that although this is Miami’s most talented team in quite a while, it’s still nowhere near Alabama in terms of raw talent. I definitely believe that Miami is a legit top ten team. The gap between the top 3 or 4 teams and the next 10-15 teams is miles. We throw parties of Miami has a top 10 recruiting class. Alabama has had the #1 class like 8 of the last 11 years or something ridiculous like that. Our best class is a dud for them. Our hope is that we have experience and it’s the first game of the year. I would still give us a <10% chance of winning the game but it should hopefully be competitive

Yes, they have not had much roster turnover in the past 13 years of dominating CFB and stockpiling the NFL with players. LMAO!!!

/15-0!!!!!

Dont know why you got booted out of here last time and don’t care, but I’m starting to see why. You argue just to argue.

Bama’s offensive line had 126 career starts combined last season. So no they didn’t have turnover at this position.

Now they’ve lost the vast majority of line in one shot.

Try doing a little research before the stupid gotchas start flying.

Dont know why you got booted out of here last time and don’t care, but I’m starting to see why. You argue just to argue.

Bama’s offensive line had 126 career starts combined last season. So no they didn’t have turnover at this position.

Now they’ve lost the vast majority of line in one shot.

Try doing a little research before the stupid gotchas start flying.
What part of they consistently lose 10 plus players to the NFL and still compete for a NC every year despite the losses can you not grasp? They get the best football players in the nation, they don't rebuild, they reload. Not sure why you can't grasp that?

But hey

15-0!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Go Canes!!! Maybe you should tell these guys in the desert about their OL losses, they seem to be unaware of the struggles they are expected to have.

i expect a drop off at OL because of when we play them but not by the end of their year.

But Neal and Ekiyor were full time starters and studs. Owens started several games, I think. The rest of them are primarily raw but (outside of Randolph) highly recruited blue chippers who have only had spot duty at best. Basically they are replacing 2 starters if you count Owens (and when he started for ****erson there was no drop off).

Whichever of our defensive ends starts opposite their OT not named Neal, Diaz has to take advantage of more and hopefully it’s Harvey and Johnson and not Mccloud. Otherwise I don’t see an advantage with our interior over Owens and Ekiyor, yet, unless Ford, Nesta and HH take big jumps from last season.

Our offensive line, surprisingly, I expect to be better against their d line. Mathis, Smith, Ray, Egoibe, are studs but I like an improved Donaldson, Zion, etc. to at least be able to run the ball. Zion versus Will Anderson or Allen will be major. If those guys aren’t shown down it’ll be a disaster. If it’s Scaife or Williams versus the other OLB they have to make bigger jumps since last season.

But, I do think our OL takes a nice jump next year and we can run on them some. As long as Lashlee doesn’t get too cute in the passing game we could be better than we think.

The passing game is what gives us a chance, especially with the short timing throws we saw in the spring. We already know Lashlee dials up deep shots so that won’t be an issue.

We can’t abuse the screen pass to the outside. Bama is too fast and asking receivers to block those guys to often will lead to lots of 2nd and 3rd & long situations. We have to be smart with the use of bubble screens. We ain’t facing a Big 12 defense.

The most important factor in this game is not being predictable on 1st down. We have to stay out of passing downs . We have to attack the second level with the pass and keep them honest. We can’t let their backers crash run because of predictable play calling.

We have to win a shootout unless we rattle their quarterback. I much rather we blitz linebackers than safeties. No delayed blitzing. Make him earn his lunch on low percentage throws.

Lashlee is the key. I am a fan of his but he MUST call a great game. He can’t **** the bed like he did against Clemson. He has to open the running game and deep ball with short rhythmic passing, rpo , and playaction. We should come out aggressive attack with the pass to open the run. This is no time to play scared.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What part of they consistently lose 10 plus players to the NFL and still compete for a NC every year despite the losses can you not grasp? They get the best football players in the nation, they don't rebuild, they reload. Not sure why you can't grasp that?

But hey

15-0!!!!!!!!
👆Our Canes used to be like this once upon a time....

If I am not mistaken we have 42 recruits and 5 transfers that were 4/5 star, (a few have not panned out). So with 22 starters we are not that far
behind with the players that we put on the field, with the exception of linebacker, even though we do have some 4 star players there if we
include striker. It is really proven depth that there is a big difference. If we get a fast start, (not slow), and we play sound football, I think we
can be competitive. There defense is great, so King moving the ball is critical, as Alabama I believe has a first time starter. If we can get to him early and hold up against their running game it could even be close.
Competitive? We're going to be up 24-7 going into half-time. Saban is going to freaking out at half time.

BTW, they have that thread Lake started and his write up on their board... needless to say it gave them something to laugh about....

The OL comparison was their favorite, too...
Someone needs to tie Lake’s hands behind his back so he doesn’t write any more of this stuff and add fuel to the already blazing fire.

Advertisement
Back