MIAMI vs ALABAMA depth charts

Advertisement
If I am not mistaken we have 42 recruits and 5 transfers that were 4/5 star, (a few have not panned out). So with 22 starters we are not that far
behind with the players that we put on the field, with the exception of linebacker, even though we do have some 4 star players there if we
include striker. It is really proven depth that there is a big difference. If we get a fast start, (not slow), and we play sound football, I think we
can be competitive. There defense is great, so King moving the ball is critical, as Alabama I believe has a first time starter. If we can get to him early and hold up against their running game it could even be close.

Eye opening to see how many low to mid 90’s they have on the 2 deep. We match up pretty well in O skill and the D secondary. It’ll all come down to the trenches. Our experienced OL vs their deep DL. Their talented OL vs our relatively young DL.

Advertisement
Close on paper, but the refs will handle the rest. Nick the prick will bytch and moan on the sidelines and Bama will win big.
Miami has never won a big game without getting penalized. It won’t stop in the opener. You never leave it in the refs hands. We have to come out cotton bowl style to have any chance in this one. Knighton needs to break a Willis type screen or flare. King needs to pull a Vick. Big Don needs to dine like it’s all you eat at IHOP. Nesta needs to be biting ankles at the bottom of the pile like Sapp. Carter needs to pull an ST26 at someone’s rib cage. You aren’t hanging with Bama unless you play smart and physical with a little luck.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll let you in on a little secret here. Alabama has a better player at every position than we do except maybe kicker/punter.

None of our other players match up to whatever Alabama has. Even if we did have comparable players, Manny is still in charge and running the defense like he has since 2016. We will be out-coached in every aspect of the game like we always have.

The offense will have no consistent running game, and we will start the season with non-D1 players like Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins playing against Alabama. Its part of the Manny system of starting players based off of seniority/loyalty. D'Eriq King will be healthy and ready to go but will be completely shook just like he was against Clemson last year.

The defense will be exposed against Alabama to the tune of the UNC game last year. Our defensive line is the most underwhelming group since 2013. Zach McCloud will continue to be a rotational starter despite being a non-D1 player. The linebackers are the worst in D1 and D2 football. Mannys awful scheme, lack of LB recruiting, and refusal to hire a legit LB coach has us essentially playing a 9-man defense against 11-man offenses.

No other football program in the history of mankind has had linebacker play like this:

Our defensive backs are still average at best with the exception of Stevenson, who has a high football IQ.

We still dont have a legit return man. I hope Restrepo can figure it out. Maybe Rambo.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that besides Manny, the coaching staff now seems to be respectable. The recruiting at most positions is improving. We have legit options at QB if King gets hurt and for the future. If Manny leaves and Lashlee takes over with T-Rob as defensive coordinator, we can improve in the future.

BUT, until then, we are going to be annihilated by Alabama, lose to the rising UNC, and at least one other mediocre team. We do not have a comparable roster to Alabama.

We edge them out at TE and the secondary. Maybe RB. They have us beat everywhere else either in experience or depth.

“ The Crimson Tide are 14-0 in season openers under Nick Saban. All of Alabama’s victories have been by a double-digit margin. The average margin of victory by Alabama in season openers against ranked opponents is 23 points.”

King will have to play the best game of his career for us to win. The DL has to play lights out as well.

Advertisement
By the eye and what have they done lately "test", besides Hedley (likely #1-ish P in CFB), there isn't a single Hurricanes player today that would start at Bama.

That isn't moping, just unfortunate reality for now.

Our Canes habit of 3-outs are going to be brutal on the D to hold the line--that is the single biggest factor in the game leading to an embarrassing blow out

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll let you in on a little secret here. Alabama has a better player at every position than we do except maybe kicker/punter.

None of our other players match up to whatever Alabama has. Even if we did have comparable players, Manny is still in charge and running the defense like he has since 2016. We will be out-coached in every aspect of the game like we always have.

The offense will have no consistent running game, and we will start the season with non-D1 players like Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins playing against Alabama. Its part of the Manny system of starting players based off of seniority/loyalty. D'Eriq King will be healthy and ready to go but will be completely shook just like he was against Clemson last year.

The defense will be exposed against Alabama to the tune of the UNC game last year. Our defensive line is the most underwhelming group since 2013. Zach McCloud will continue to be a rotational starter despite being a non-D1 player. The linebackers are the worst in D1 and D2 football. Mannys awful scheme, lack of LB recruiting, and refusal to hire a legit LB coach has us essentially playing a 9-man defense against 11-man offenses.

No other football program in the history of mankind has had linebacker play like this:

Our defensive backs are still average at best with the exception of Stevenson, who has a high football IQ.

We still dont have a legit return man. I hope Restrepo can figure it out. Maybe Rambo.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that besides Manny, the coaching staff now seems to be respectable. The recruiting at most positions is improving. We have legit options at QB if King gets hurt and for the future. If Manny leaves and Lashlee takes over with T-Rob as defensive coordinator, we can improve in the future.

BUT, until then, we are going to be annihilated by Alabama, lose to the rising UNC, and at least one other mediocre team. We do not have a comparable roster to Alabama.

I thought I was pessimistic LOL.

I like our safety and TE room over their's. We have to hope that Manny improves as a coach and the Shoop hire adds a spark to the D.

Now I do agree with you about our offense vs their defense. King and the OL are going to have to play out of their minds to stay in this game. Outside of maybe two guys, I don't see the talent in our receiver room to take advantage of their DBs. We have top hope Chaney can play.

I actually tink the D will show up vs their offense. We'll get gashed for a couple of plays early but make adjustments. The problems are going to come late in the game when we have to tap into our depth.

Lmao.

By the eye and what have they done lately "test", besides Hedley (likely #1-ish P in CFB), there isn't a single Hurricanes player today that would start at Bama.

That isn't moping, just unfortunate reality for now.

Our Canes habit of 3-outs are going to be brutal on the D to hold the line--that is the single biggest factor in the game leading to an embarrassing blow out
One of our most talented teams in years and still only two players, Bubba and Mallory, can start for perhaps the most inexperienced Bama team smh.

Advertisement
Back