Miami Strategy

One of the teams that have given Clemson problems is Syracuse with Babers offense that is much like ours. We are not too far off Clemson in talent believe it or not and we are better than them in certain spots. I think we want a shootout. I will take our pass rush against theirs right now. If Etienne is going off thats problem more than Lawrence imo

Advertisement
I think the defense balls out this game. I am more worried about the Pitt game than this one. I think we win this game 45-27 and that’s because we give up a couple of touchdowns late.

We will live or die by TE usage this game. Lashlee has creative looks that exploit creases in their cover. Eyes on Jordan and Mallory. If they are able to create havoc then we win period. Clemdump’s defense is very disciplined and has good push up front. Honestly, should be fun to watch. This would be a game I wish I had no stock in. The x and o of this will be wild.

One of the teams that have given Clemson problems is Syracuse with Babers offense that is much like ours. We are not too far off Clemson in talent believe it or not and we are better than them in certain spots. I think we want a shootout. I will take our pass rush against theirs right now. If Etienne is going off thats problem more than Lawrence imo
This right here. Clemson struggles with tempo. Even in the playoffs OSU hit em in rhe mouth early going hurry up. Lashlee will be in his bag and the plays will be there to be made. No reason why Brevin and Mallory shouldn't go off. Susceptible to pass catch Rbs as well.

Defensively, it's a tall order to stop Trevor and Etienne. Nesta will be the key to this. I'm hoping they move Phillips around and use Frierson and Bubba in the blitz.

Advertisement
This right here. Clemson struggles with tempo. Even in the playoffs OSU hit em in rhe mouth early going hurry up. Lashlee will be in his bag and the plays will be there to be made. No reason why Brevin and Mallory shouldn't go off. Susceptible to pass catch Rbs as well.

Defensively, it's a tall order to stop Trevor and Etienne. Nesta will be the key to this. I'm hoping they move Phillips around and use Frierson and Bubba in the blitz.
I hope we don't half to (except in special circumstances). We need to get pressure from the 4 man line. The strikers and LBs will be busy. Etienne can catch out of the backfield and they have TEs.

Keep the ball out of TL hands. Try to eat clock if we can but don't know man Clemson is next level.

Let's say limit Etienne and the ground game and make Sunshine have to throw more often to move the chains. I think we have the horses on dline to harass Sunshine enough to make him uncomfortable. If we can keep the pressure by scoring we can make this a game.

But like others have noted they can have Sunshine run like we do with King. He is an effective runner so that's another element they can throw in there to attack our D.
Ohio St. found that out the hard way.

Miami will need to score 40+ to win or sustain long drives to keep Clemsons offense off the field.
Defense might not force a punt all game.

Advertisement
Old cliché but win turnover battle man, say we +2 there and get 10 points off them. I think we are in it big time.

You guys keep saying deep ball but its the one area we have failed in big time so far on Offense. I think its time to let Smith, Payton etc on the field and take some shots. I like what I have seen of Smith especially. I think he can get deep on their secondary...

IMO we need to hit them hard right from the 1st drive and use tempo to our advantage. We can't play intimidated and I don't believe we will.
Facts. No reverence, punch them in the mouth. We need to play with a chip on our shoulders.

college football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
It all starts with tackling Travis Etienne. They do a great job getting him matched up both in the run and pass game with backers and safeties, and he’s one of the best “after contact” players in the entire country. He breaks more tackles than just about anyone. They know that, so they scheme him to get 1 on 1 with a defender, he makes them miss more often than not, and that’s all she wrote.

Tackle that kid. It all starts there. If we miss 5+ tackles on him, he’s gonna have 200 total yards and when you add Lawrence’s ability to throw every ******* pass right on the money, you can’t beat them. Nobody is beating them with both those kids doing what they want. And you’re not gonna stop Lawrence throwing down the field. He’s too special. So limit Etienne’s ability to get into your secondary. Tackling is absolutely paramount.

Keep seeing deep ball. I say no for two reasons. There have been open recievers deep and King has underthrown them. Second we need 10 to 15 play drives and keep their offense off the field.. The less their offense is on the field the better chance we have. I know the deep ball is sexier but so far that is Kings weak point. Play to your stengths. I do not care if every pass play is a 4 or 5 yard gain. Move the chains consistently gives us our best chance of wining

Last edited:
Bingo. On offense, tempo gives us our best chance. Also I think DKing needs to run about 80 to 100 yrs. On defense, the front needs to play in the CU backfield disrupting their rythm.

I personally think we win this game. If we do we need to hope another team can upset CU regular season cause I don't think we beat them twice. Our best shot is winning this game and playing another team in the ACCC.
If we beat Clemson and then they win out and we win out. If unc beats lame then we lose to unc is the champ game us vs unc? Cause we have same record as Clemson and the tie breaker. Assuming lame loses 2 total

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back