Miami Strategy

Advertisement
Let's say limit Etienne and the ground game and make Sunshine have to throw more often to move the chains. I think we have the horses on dline to harass Sunshine enough to make him uncomfortable. If we can keep the pressure by scoring we can make this a game.

But like others have noted they can have Sunshine run like we do with King. He is an effective runner so that's another element they can throw in there to attack our D.
I'll be watching how Clemson handles Snowden on Saturday night. If Snowden eats then our odds go up.

Sunshine also gets knocked around when he runs. I could see Amari ending his night early if he dares cross his path. I'll gladly take that targeting penalty.

I’m good with it..
888ADF79-C1F6-4DCB-8F97-DE06466C1C4C.gif
F62379EB-81FA-4900-9429-6500E5AF4F54.gif

I'll be watching how Clemson handles Snowden on Saturday night. If Snowden eats then our odds go up.

Sunshine also gets knocked around when he runs. I could see Amari ending his night early if he dares cross his path. I'll gladly take that targeting penalty.
The refs will protect him. They will call us on every borderline late hit out of bounds if he scrambles

Advertisement
I always say....how can he pass if he’s on his ***?

Bring pressure all night long. Get in Trevor Lawrence face. Hit him so hard he blows snot bubbles.

Rattle him. Get in his head. That’s the key.
That only works if they have to pass. If Etienne is doing whatever he wants off the edge, it won't be an option.

We'll have to get them to think the games becoming a track meet to get them to start airing it out. And at some point we're going to have to get a few stops. We're not going to be able to trade TDs with Clemson for 60 minutes.

Advertisement

LOL. That's a waiting targeting call if it happens, helmet or not.

Advertisement
Next week, Baker will either be exposed for what many of us think he is, or tell all of us to STFU. I will eat my Baker Crow big time if he holds off Clemson.
I wouldn't say Clemson having success on offense would be an indictment on Baker since they have two Heisman trophy level offensive stars and a mostly blue chip o line. I would say if we hold them under 30 pts win or lose or get a game winning stop when we need it you couldn't get too mad at the guy.

I get it is not simply the outcome of the game but the acquisition of talent and scheme yadayada. JS it's hard to hammer a guy for not shutting down that level of an offense when the defense has some clear weaknesses.

I wouldn't say Clemson having success on offense would be an indictment on Baker since they have two Heisman trophy level offensive stars and a mostly blue chip o line. I would say if we hold them under 30 pts win or lose or get a game winning stop when we need it you couldn't get too mad at the guy.

I get it is not simply the outcome of the game but the acquisition of talent and scheme yadayada. JS it's hard to hammer a guy for not shutting down that level of an offense when the defense has some clear weaknesses.
That's the first I've heard of that. It was stated in another thread, just going on ratings, our OL graded higher and I wouldn't call ours blue chip.

Can our Defense manage their misdirection and tempo. Dabo about to run circles on Baker if they don’t come with a good plan.

Advertisement
Strategy?!?... Say no more! I'm banking on Mr. CTE to introduce himself to Sunshine!
View attachment 132488
Meet me at the quarterback. That's our signature on defense. If we can pressure Sunshine the mistakes and turnovers will come. This is a BIG IF obviously lol. But it can be done. Kind of reminds me of the Giants-Patriots Superbowl in 2008 when Brady was harassed all night.

Other key on defense is no arm tackling. Etienne is a very strong and fast back. If we come in with that pu$$y **** he's gonna make us pay.

I think on D it's gonna come down to our linebackers and secondary versus their passing game. Manny and company are gonna slow down the run and force Sunshine to make quick decisions to try to beat us with his arm. They in turn will seek to get their tight ends involved. I don't think we have faced a team so far this year with tight ends that can make plays.

Offense: crazy fast tempo, try to wear out Clemson's dline so we can run the football.

Also change tempo up to try to catch Clemson sleeping.

Defense: Try to create pressure and contain Lawrence to make him throw a bad pass.

IMO we need to hit them hard right from the 1st drive and use tempo to our advantage. We can't play intimidated and I don't believe we will.
Bingo. On offense, tempo gives us our best chance. Also I think DKing needs to run about 80 to 100 yrs. On defense, the front needs to play in the CU backfield disrupting their rythm.

I personally think we win this game. If we do we need to hope another team can upset CU regular season cause I don't think we beat them twice. Our best shot is winning this game and playing another team in the ACCC.

Advertisement
Back