Miami Strategy

SouthCak Cane

Recruit
Since we have two weeks to discuss I want some insight from y’all how you think we should attack Clemson defense and offense. I know they are weak in their secondary I would love to test them vertically but I also want us to impose our will with our four headed monsters in the backfield including King. On defense I wonder if we should play more zone or go straight at Trevor with heavy blitzes up the middle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stop Etienne and put Lawrence on the ground.

Let's say limit Etienne and the ground game and make Sunshine have to throw more often to move the chains. I think we have the horses on dline to harass Sunshine enough to make him uncomfortable. If we can keep the pressure by scoring we can make this a game.

But like others have noted they can have Sunshine run like we do with King. He is an effective runner so that's another element they can throw in there to attack our D.

Let's say limit Etienne and the ground game and make Sunshine have to throw more often to move the chains. I think we have the horses on dline to harass Sunshine enough to make him uncomfortable. If we can keep the pressure by scoring we can make this a game.

But like others have noted they can have Sunshine run like we do with King. He is an effective runner so that's another element they can throw in there to attack our D.
If we keep them anywhere close to this, we win.

1601492672166.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I trust Lashlee to both scheme scripted stuff and in-game adjustments that our offense should be productive even if not at the level we’ve seen up to now for obvious reasons. On defense, there has to be assignment football. No chasing eye candy, and make any mistakes going 100 mph. Attack each down. Make the QB feel you every time he drops back. He will get his, but he’s gotta be uncomfortable and on the turf more than he’s ever been.

Advertisement
Clemson is a blitz-crazy team. But we have a mobile QB. So I think one key will be to utilize King's mobility to dodge the blitz and either scramble for yardage or get the ball out quickly to our receivers. This is kind of what LSU did at the national championship game. Only differences are Burrow is more accurate than King at this point, especially with the long ball, and LSU's receivers weren't known for dropping balls like ours. King and and the receiving corps are going to have to raise their level of performance and truly click on all cylinders in order for us to have a chance. King can also sell the scramble and then pass the ball, which we have seen him do already and also something Burrow was known for. I can see us maybe utilizing the shovel pass here and there.

We have also seen our elite squad of running backs make teams pay for overcommitting on the blitz. I can see that happening again two weeks from now.

Lashlee is no dummy. He is going to have this team ready, and he is going to open up his bag of tricks to get points on the board. I see us scoring 25-35 points. Only way that doesn't happen is King gets hurt. GO CANES!

Very, very concerted effort to stop the run first. Play inside technique to discourage the slants. Pressure should be A gaps whenever possible. Try to force him to his left

On offense we will likely be tested up front. Will need to introduce something more than just inside zone to be consistent. Be patient and take a few max protect shots as well as the rollout pass teams bite on so heavily

Advertisement
Back