Miami Strategy

Yea but im just keeping it real, ill be rooting Canes of course but if im being real I would expect them to beat us obviously. They recruit at a different clip then us
Yeah that's true bout recruiting, our class this year and in 18' is a regular class f4 them.

Advertisement
I think the defense balls out this game. I am more worried about the Pitt game than this one. I think we win this game 45-27 and that’s because we give up a couple of touchdowns late.

We can do this if we take away the easy throws. Make Lawrence beat us down the sideline under pressure. They may get a few big plays, but the percentages would work in our favor.

We have the defensive line to make October 10 the longest, most miserable day of his football life. Let’s not take them out of the game with a ton of dB blitzes and wide open zones.

Since we have two weeks to discuss I want some insight from y’all how you think we should attack Clemson defense and offense. I know they are weak in their secondary I would love to test them vertically but I also want us to impose our will with our four headed monsters in the backfield including King. On defense I wonder if we should play more zone or go straight at Trevor with heavy blitzes up the middle.
We can create mismatches at their LB level with 9 and 85. But we will have to make plays on the perimeter and string together sustained drives. I think Clemson, like FSU, UL, UAB will challenge us to win on the outside

Need the ball first. If they receive and walk it down the field, it’ll be a, “oh no here we go again,” feeling.

No it won’t.

We have Lashlee and King. We will score on these guys.

I want the ball first out of halftime. A touchdown there sets the tone for the real game, the second half.

Advertisement
Whenever I've watched Clemson, I never understand what is so wild and crazy about what they do on offense. I feel like they more or less run what Richt ran in 2017-18, they just execute it way better. Of course, knowing what they are going to do doesn't mean jack if you can't stop it. I agree with others that it starts with tackling Etienne. Then, Lawrence is going to get his, but hope that some pressures/sacks can be the difference in the game.

King and our offense will get some points. To me the main determination as to how this game will go is our defense, and the overall mental state of the team. Don't get freaked the F out if Clemson takes the opening drive for 7, we go 3 and out, and all of a sudden we're down 14-0. If that happens, have to keep fighting and get back into it.

Whenever I've watched Clemson, I never understand what is so wild and crazy about what they do on offense. I feel like they more or less run what Richt ran in 2017-18, they just execute it way better. Of course, knowing what they are going to do doesn't mean jack if you can't stop it. I agree with others that it starts with tackling Etienne. Then, Lawrence is going to get his, but hope that some pressures/sacks can be the difference in the game.

King and our offense will get some points. To me the main determination as to how this game will go is our defense, and the overall mental state of the team. Don't get freaked the F out if Clemson takes the opening drive for 7, we go 3 and out, and all of a sudden we're down 14-0. If that happens, have to keep fighting and get back into it.
You’re an idiot if you think they run the same Offense as Richt. Wow.

Stop the run at all costs. From what I saw against Wake their scheme was a heavy dose of PA and Draws. As good as Trevor is, we can't let Etienne beat us.
Lots a of misdirections. Even wo PA. They are gunna get the ball out quick. They are gunna make u defend tackle to tackle, side line to sideline then pop u over the middle. We have to be able to condense the pocket and cause havoc up front

Advertisement

Their offense is not complicated. It has evolved but the base is simple reads. They just happen to have elite players.

Advertisement
Back