Miami shouldn’t Fire Manny (article)

The worst part is knowing now that Manny is not the guy. I had my doubts at the beginning of the year and especially after the loss to GT. Then he strung together some wins and I began to hope. But after FIU, it’s clear his days are numbered. Whether next year or the following, he won’t make it to the end of his contract.

Until then, I hope we buy enough recruits so the next guy has something to work with.

Rinse and repeat.

Advertisement
I would be willing to suffer through another year of Manny if Blake James and every assistant coach was fired. All of the coaches on defense are just disciples of Diaz and really don't add anything extra to the mix. Same goes for the offensive coaches with Enos. And Enos has to go too. He seems to be one of those coaches that would rather lose running his style than win any other way. He always has to be the smartest guy in the room and cannot take accountability for this **** poor offense.

Who is even talking about firing Manny?

The fans want Blake James’ head on a stick.

**** the BOT. THEY are the problem, not the coach. It’s this entire clown administration that needs to get ****canned.
THAT is long,long overdue. Most incompetent administration and athletic department of any university in the country, or even perhaps the WORLD. Why are we putting up with this horse****. Students would be rioting at most schools over this **** show!

Firing him before firing Blake and Strawley is just flushing money down the toilet. No reason to handcuff the next AD with salary restrictions because the school had to pay the rest of Mannys contract.

Advertisement
Did you READ the article? couldn't have with that take.
From the article:
Time will tell if Diaz is the right person to lead the Miami football program. Firing him after this season or even now, starts the clock over again with building a program

Replace “Diaz” with “Shannon” or “Golden”. Why are we supposed to believe things will be different this time around? We’ve been subjected to ****** coaching for 17 years. We know it when we see it. Keeping Manny around is just delaying the inevitable.

Why bother discussing Manny when it's the athletic directors head that should be on a pike?

Of course they shouldn’t fire him. Firing a coach year 1 should not ever be a question. We saw signs of a team that can win and then we saw some of a team that can be very bad. Regardless you always give 3 years.
I can’t blindly say that Manny deserves 3 years until I see what happens between now and Sept 2020

He has an awfully long list of thing to do win the trust back

Advertisement
Another year of Diaz ?

WTH.gif

Advertisement
Da truth! Even Willie got more than a year. So often, consequences aren't considered when asking for, or doing something emotional.

Willie got more than a year and set them back even further. Had Willie been fired at the end of last season, they would have came into this season with a top 5 talented team, probably only had a loss against Clemson, and been right back to recruiting at a decent level and aiming to knock off Clemson.

Now instead, they are going to be a barely top 15 talented team next year, with 3 in a row schit seasons, an even bigger lockeroom mess, than it was last year, and now they are looking to knock off Wake to be the second best Atlantic team, while still having a losing streak against their instate rival who just lost to FIU.

The only reason to keep Manny is to spare us from another round of dopey coaching candidate lists. 1a) Cristoballs 1b) Ken Dorsey 1c) Ed Reed 1d) Bryant McKinnie.
Got the sarcasm but all would likely be better than our current HC and situation...

Advertisement
The writer mentions Matt Rhule at Baylor but leaves out the fact that this isn't his first program turnaround. Or the fact that he was courted by an NFL team. Manny doesn't have the credibility Rhule has. bad example.

Willie got more than a year and set them back even further. Had Willie been fired at the end of last season, they would have came into this season with a top 5 talented team, probably only had a loss against Clemson, and been right back to recruiting at a decent level and aiming to knock off Clemson.

Now instead, they are going to be a barely top 15 talented team next year, with 3 in a row schit seasons, an even bigger lockeroom mess, than it was last year, and now they are looking to knock off Wake to be the second best Atlantic team, while still having a losing streak against their instate rival who just lost to FIU.
Point taken OGH. Many variables to consider. What works in one place may not work in another. I'm not necessarily advocating another year for Manny. What I am suggesting is that everything should be considered before making another decision like the one made back in Dec.

Advertisement
Back