Miami shouldn’t Fire Manny (article)

these gullible people with that stupid " give em more time" crap ..... SMH
Agree with you, but you know as well as I do, he will get more time. No urgency from anyone to do things right the first time around our program. Only urgency was to quickly secure Temple's coach. . . again.

Advertisement
What message does it send to recruits? Who was the recruit that said these mf'rs don't even care about losing to basketball schools? The message it sends is that we're serious about winning here! That's the message recruits want to hear. What a ****ign stupid article.

The “he needs more time” takes are lazy and based on college football platitudes that don’t apply here.

We have players. Our culture under Richt was fine. All we really needed was an offensive coordinator. The entire rationale behind hiring manny without a search was that we could substitute in an OC into our existing framework and contend soon if not immediately.

Manny steps in and things have gotten dramatically worse. Not only is his OC choice a disaster, the culture is now a disaster and because he can’t recruit for **** our talent level will soon deteriorate.

We failed to show up in every single game this year we were supposed to win. Every single game. The reason for that is simple: the team is unfocused and undisciplined and doesn’t respect their head coach to make them accountable.

This is a culture issue that was not inherited, it was instead created by Manny. So any suggestion he “needs more time” is completely insane and based on nothing. What does he need more time for? To fix the culture issue he himself created? To allow the talent level to deteriorate further? He is making things worse, not better.

If you hire a guy to fix your air conditioning, and he walks into your house and breaks your refrigerator and ***** on the floor, you don’t give him more time to see if he can fix the air conditioning. You get rid of him.

Additionally, you may not realize this, BUT WE ******* LOST TO FIU. That merits his summary dismissal without further discussion. What planet are you people from.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Were there actually people who thought fsu was going to be a completely different team this year?

Actually FSU was better this year than last year. Last year they came one missed but really blatant pass interference call from possibly losing to Samford. They also beat BC and Louisville at the last second. And 6 of their 7 losses were by 17+ points.

But, really, their “improvement” this year was mostly because it was hard to be that bad 2 years in a row.

Yeah, this is turning into a vicious cycle. I think with the team, lockerroom issues, and the fan base, CMR couldn't wait to hit the door. "Keep the money; just let me get the heck out of here." And who are we going to attract given this recent history? Another inexperienced coach. Manny's done some good things and straddled himself with the worst loss in program history. So, let's see if next year he can coach all the way through those close games and win them, and have the team ready to play for each game.

Point taken OGH. Many variables to consider. What works in one place may not work in another. I'm not necessarily advocating another year for Manny. What I am suggesting is that everything should be considered before making another decision like the one made back in Dec.

That I agree with. Knowing this AD, he will fire Manny and hire Patke as Hcorch, since our special teams improved a bit over the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back