Miami revenue impact Netflix or amazon documentary series

There's no denying that losing Disney and especially Marvel is going to hurt, but I suspect they'll survive.
It just came out actually that Netflix gets every Disney/Marvel product they've had until 2018 back in 2026.

They'll be fine as they transition to original intellectual properties. Disney + will do numbers, but Netflix ain't going anywhere. They're only going to get bigger in fact.

Advertisement
Netflix stock is trading at $361 a share, up significantly from $268 on January 1st. It's a stock heavily invested by hedge funds and covered extensively by forward-thinking analysts whose jobs depend on making accurate forecasts.

I think they'll figure things out and adapt just like they always have.

^^^ THIS.

Not to mention that whole first-to-market thing and industry leader for years. Original content is where it's at. If any brand should be worried, it's an HBO—as their original content (GOT aside) has been weak for well over a decade. Long gone is an era where they were pumping out big action like "The Sopranos" and dominating the industry.

^^^ THIS.

Not to mention that whole first-to-market thing and industry leader for years. Original content is where it's at. If any brand should be worried, it's an HBO—as their original content (GOT aside) has been weak for well over a decade. Long gone is an era where they were pumping out big action like "The Sopranos" and dominating the industry.
HBO is gonna be absorbed most likely by Warners Streaming device ATT is forcing them to do. The DC streaming service will also get swallowed up into this.

I dont see customers dropping Netflix for any of these new platforms. If anything, the new streaming services low cost point just makes it more likely customers will just subscribe to more than one.

Netflix is on remotes for a reason.

Different models as you know. Netflix started as mail order and Redbox 5 years later as kiosks. Netflix was prescient enough to see the future of streaming and down went most of the brick and mortar rentals (Blockbuster).

Disney did buy most of Fox non-news holdings (they had to sell off Fox’s regional sports, iirc) so even Disney’s non-cartoon, animated, live-action, superhero … catalog is fairly extensive. They’ve already announced that all Disney content WON’T be exclusive to +, but … Netflix is alright for now - even though Amazon is pushing for that business as well and bundling other Prime services to make it even more attractive.
So you're saying businesses can adapt to threats and take actions that will keep them in business despite the introduction of a strong competitor.

So you're saying businesses can adapt to threats and take actions that will keep them in business despite the introduction of a strong competitor.
Speaking of adapting , word is Netflix and Amazon bout to hit the streaming game market HARD.

Advertisement
Speaking of adapting , word is Netflix and Amazon bout to hit the streaming game market HARD.
Amazon is killing the game. They're teaming up with another company (and already approved) to deploy over 3000 satellites that are close to the earth. This will provide access to faster, cheaper internet and also provide world wide coverage.

Disney earned like $15B first quarter, Netflix probably earned a third of that. Disney can pump a ridiculous amount of money into Disney plus, charge half of what Netflix does, and offer more content while doing it.

When u think about it, Disney is a low key (maybe high key) a monopoly. Think about Fox alone and how many movies they produce. All those movies I'm assuming will be pulled from Netflix.

You're right in your first line - simple cash flow analysis and earnings tell you that. But you'd be taking out every other content distributor too with that logic. Netflix has a lot of good IP and series of their own to fall back on. Stranger Things, House of Cards, Black Mirror, Umbrella Academy, to name a few. On top of that they have syndication rights on 100s of popular TV shows. Sure, they may need to take a look at their pricing model, ~$14/month is substantial but I'd imagine they're gearing up to change that.

Disney controls ~27% of the entertainment sector after the purchase of FOX. Let's assume another 15% is controlled by other distributors like HBO, Showtime, and STARZ. 58% of the pie to fight for is still very strong.

Netflix will take a hit, but they won't disappear.

You're right in your first line - simple cash flow analysis and earnings tell you that. But you'd be taking out every other content distributor too with that logic. Netflix has a lot of good IP and series of their own to fall back on. Stranger Things, House of Cards, Black Mirror, Umbrella Academy, to name a few. On top of that they have syndication rights on 100s of popular TV shows. Sure, they may need to take a look at their pricing model, ~$14/month is substantial but I'd imagine they're gearing up to change that.

Disney controls ~27% of the entertainment sector after the purchase of FOX. Let's assume another 15% is controlled by other distributors like HBO, Showtime, and STARZ. 58% of the pie to fight for is still very strong.

Netflix will take a hit, but they won't disappear.
I guarantee Disney+ will be the end of Netflix eventually. Netflix will not be able to soley rely on it's original content without driving the price up even further.

Disney charges like $7 and owns the rights to much more content than Netflix which I pay around $14 for.

Research all of the moves Disney has made the last few years and u will see what they a gearing up to do.
20190608_114324.jpg

20190608_121657.jpg

Advertisement
Netflix will survive.

All you are seeing now is other companies trying the same model Netflix essentially built their empire on.

Disney+ will be successful because Disney is so integrated into so many

But, lets be honest...people can have the full suite of Disney channels, Netflix, and what will surely be WarnerMedia's (HBO, etc) suite for like $40/mo-ish. What you'll also see is a lot of packages that help keep costs down, ex: HULU + Spotify type **** for cheap.

Netflix will survive.

All you are seeing now is other companies trying the same model Netflix essentially built their empire on.

Disney+ will be successful because Disney is so integrated into so many

But, lets be honest...people can have the full suite of Disney channels, Netflix, and what will surely be WarnerMedia's (HBO, etc) suite for like $40/mo-ish. What you'll also see is a lot of packages that help keep costs down, ex: HULU + Spotify type **** for cheap.
Very important point. Netflix isnt your traditional media company. They are forward thinking innovators (hence their contract with Disney which allows them to get their content back).

When that exec made the comment a few months back about them seeing Fortnite as more of a competitor than HBO many passed it off as a bragadoccious insult, but there was a deeper signal behind it. They dont view success or competition through a traditional lens.

They'll hit 200 million subscribers by the end of 2020.

Very important point. Netflix isnt your traditional media company. They are forward thinking innovators (hence their contract with Disney which allows them to get their content back).

When that exec made the comment a few months back about then seeing Fortnite as more of a competitor than HBO many passed it off as a bragadoccious insult, but there was a deeper signal behind it. They dont view success or competition through a traditional lens.

They'll hit 200 million subscribers by the end of 2020.

Netflix has failed many times...but they have been very very quick to pivot from bad ideas and "make good" on it and they've evolved as about as well as any company in this new landscape. Many of their decisions in the past would have killed a company dead...but they've rebounded and are as strong as ever.

I don't know why people would think some "competition" would kill them for good. Netflix isn't even really competing with these other services - as you've mentioned. People are going to have a Netflix account PLUS other ****.

Too many companies trying to take certain content with them for streaming. Will become too many companies with not enough good content to go around. Merger just might be the winner in the end

Advertisement
Lets see what you will get from Disney before you write off Netflix or any other streaming company. If they hold true to form, how much will be family fare and how much will be R and TV-Mature? Netflix is producing and showing films from other sources that appeal to adult audiences. Every streaming company has its pros and cons. Price is one consideration but content that you or other customers will want to watch is more of a deciding factor. I recently cut the cord and did not go with the cheapest service. I have already switched once because I could not get some of the channels I regularly watch. Disney has a record of increasing prices on everything, once they think they have you hooked. I don't see them changing any time soon.

Advertisement
Don’t bet on the gaming part. Everyone is shooting their shot in gaming. Google. Snapchat. Microsoft. Facebook. Apple. Gaming will be trickier to navigate than movies and original content, imo. A far more discerning customer in gaming, I think.
Nintendo will be the big winner. One of these titans is going to offer them 100 billion plus. They're potentially the next Marvel like get.

I guarantee Disney+ will be the end of Netflix eventually. Netflix will not be able to soley rely on it's original content without driving the price up even further.

Disney charges like $7 and owns the rights to much more content than Netflix which I pay around $14 for.

Research all of the moves Disney has made the last few years and u will see what they a gearing up to do.
View attachment 86904
View attachment 86906

I'm enjoying your posts in this thread. Easily among the dumbest on this site. Keep them coming!

"Look at all of these news articles that suggest Disney will do well in streaming. That must mean Netflix will fail! It's impossible that there could be multiple streaming services. Nevermind that Disney does not have a monopoly in any of its other major business lines, it will in this one! No way Netflix continues to innovate, be it with esports, tiered subscription packages, M&A, etc."

Netflix is dead, folks.

🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Back