Miami revenue impact Netflix or amazon documentary series

These companies are not dumb...they aren't even trying to kill each other. They are all just trying to make a buck off of their own properties.

Key to success for all to profit...keep costs low and everyone profits.

Capitalism...how does it work?

Advertisement
Writing off Netflix before you know all the details of what you get for $7 from Disney is foolish. A lot of questions Disney hasn't answered at this point.

How many streams do you get for $7? Will each additional stream cost you more and how much? Is this a price you get if you subscribe for a year or can you pay monthly and cancel anytime? What kind of cloud service are they going to offer? How much can you store in the cloud? Can you record more than 1 show at a time? How long can I keep a recording? How much are any add-ons that don't come with the basic offering? What is your menu format going to look like? Do I need a new TV to handle your interface or will I need to go through Roku or Firestick? These are just a few of the questions I can think of to start asking? I'm sure others can come up with more.

I guarantee Disney+ will be the end of Netflix eventually. Netflix will not be able to soley rely on it's original content without driving the price up even further.

Disney charges like $7 and owns the rights to much more content than Netflix which I pay around $14 for.

Research all of the moves Disney has made the last few years and u will see what they a gearing up to do.
View attachment 86904
View attachment 86906
Here you are again talking about something you know nothing about. Netflix and Disney+ are going to be two totally different types of streaming service. There is no way in **** I’am ever canceling Netflix, I would pay $14 a month JUST for their originals. Not to mention everything else they provide. The question is will I pay the extra $7 for Disney+ to have the movies that I have already seen and a few shows I might be interested in. The answer will probably be **** it I’ll just spend the extra $7 a month. Which is the exact scenario that will play out on a huge scale. Not very many people are going to be canceling Netflix, a lot will just decide to have both. Use your head from time to time you neanderthal.

Writing off Netflix before you know all the details of what you get for $7 from Disney is foolish. A lot of questions Disney hasn't answered at this point.

How many streams do you get for $7? Will each additional stream cost you more and how much? Is this a price you get if you subscribe for a year or can you pay monthly and cancel anytime? What kind of cloud service are they going to offer? How much can you store in the cloud? Can you record more than 1 show at a time? How long can I keep a recording? How much are any add-ons that don't come with the basic offering? What is your menu format going to look like? Do I need a new TV to handle your interface or will I need to go through Roku or Firestick? These are just a few of the questions I can think of to start asking? I'm sure others can come up with more.

Because Disney doesn't know yet.

Here you are again talking about something you know nothing about. Netflix and Disney+ are going to be two totally different types of streaming service. There is no way in **** I’am ever canceling Netflix, I would pay $14 a month JUST for their originals. Not to mention everything else they provide. The question is will I pay the extra $7 for Disney+ to have the movies that I have already seen and a few shows I might be interested in. The answer will probably be **** it I’ll just spend the extra $7 a month. Which is the exact scenario that will play out on a huge scale. Not very many people are going to be canceling Netflix, a lot will just decide to have both. Use your head from time to time you neanderthal.
Exactly this. Ain't nobody dropping Netflix. It's not an either or situation.

Disneys gonna have a slew of original new programming as well, and not just Marvel and Star Wars stuff either. They'll probably also offer some sort of cheap bundle package w Hulu.

If they put the full Disney afternoon slate up there w the Fox kids Saturday lineup, it will be my go to app for at least three months. I still haven't finished Gargoyles from when I was a kid and it still bothers me to this day.

Advertisement
Netflix will survive.

All you are seeing now is other companies trying the same model Netflix essentially built their empire on.

Disney+ will be successful because Disney is so integrated into so many

But, lets be honest...people can have the full suite of Disney channels, Netflix, and what will surely be WarnerMedia's (HBO, etc) suite for like $40/mo-ish. What you'll also see is a lot of packages that help keep costs down, ex: HULU + Spotify type **** for cheap.

Right, bundled services will help drive down the cost.

I work in this business, and bottom line no one knows what the landscape will look like in 5 years. Anyone that claims to is full of sh*t.

The most interesting part of this to me will be the streaming services getting into live Sports.

PAC-12 and Notre Dame games on Netflix? Amazon just bought the rights to the Yankees, I believe.

My hot take is there will be another reshuffling of the deck, right now we are reaching peak ala carte services, someone will figure out bundling and we will be back to something that looks strangely like classic cable. But who knows.

Netflix stock is trading at $361 a share, up significantly from $268 on January 1st. It's a stock heavily invested by hedge funds and covered extensively by forward-thinking analysts whose jobs depend on making accurate forecasts.

I think they'll figure things out and adapt just like they always have.

This is why I recently changed my ROTH and 457 investments to Amazon, Netflix, and Disney. Online purchases and streaming are where it’s at.

With so many people buying crap online, Amazon isn’t going anywhere. Also probably a reason why Toys R Us was forced out of business.

Disney knows what time it is when they purchased Marvel and Lucas Films/LucasArts. It made a lot of sense for them to get into the steaming service. They already pulled the Star Wars Clone Wars series from Netflix so it’ll be added to their own streaming service which opens in November. Also, they will feature the new The Mandalorian series.

With Disney’s new Star Wars park set to open, nerds will be more than happy to make it rain on overpriced collectibles.

Star Wars has been around for over thirty years and Marvel is definitely not going anywhere. I’m pretty sure Disney executives laughed at the nerds when they made a movie about Antman and they flocked to the theater to spend that money. They could’ve picked ANY cool superhero, yet they selected freaking ANTMAN and still made $.

Because Disney doesn't know yet.

If they don't know, then are they waiting until the last minute to design their streaming? They should be at the testing stage by now and have some idea what they are going to offer in their basic package. Since some of the streaming services at still fine tuning their offerings, I expect Disney will have bugs in their first release that need to be fixed. I also expect the $7 package to be very stripped down and users who want more content will have to pay a lot more.

Advertisement
If they don't know, then are they waiting until the last minute to design their streaming? They should be at the testing stage by now and have some idea what they are going to offer in their basic package. Since some of the streaming services at still fine tuning their offerings, I expect Disney will have bugs in their first release that need to be fixed. I also expect the $7 package to be very stripped down and users who want more content will have to pay a lot more.

They have a rock solid idea of where they are going to start...but they are going to be playing around with price points, features, the platform for a while. Look at any of the other streaming services...they have changed a lot over the years. What D+ looks like at launch will not be what it looks like a year after launch...five years after launch.

I recently dropped Netflix, too much propaganda crap appearing, don't care about the price, and I doubt many others will either. As long as you get content you want price won't matter to most. I basically kept it to watch the Office, switched to prime and was pleasantly surprised with their content.

Advertisement
There's no denying that losing Disney and especially Marvel is going to hurt, but I suspect they'll survive.

Happens in all tech; mass proliferation, then everyone acquires everyone until there are 1/2 players left in the space. I am guessing Netflix will be one left.

The 'team' I work for just signed on to be a part of a netflix series this year... after seeing the reach it created the previous year for all the other teams in the sport.

If you want to reach American households, CURRENTLY, you need to be on netflix. That will very well change in the future, but today in 2019 they are streaming king.

Would love to see the canes do a hard knocks type show in fall camp. Would be amazing.

Advertisement
I guarantee Netflix doesn't survive. Disney Plus is offering their service for like $7, half of what Netflix is charging.

Lol. No need to even respond to this nonsense because many others have done a good job picking this apart

I recently dropped Netflix, too much propaganda crap appearing, don't care about the price, and I doubt many others will either. As long as you get content you want price won't matter to most. I basically kept it to watch the Office, switched to prime and was pleasantly surprised with their content.
Propaganda?

Netflix stock is trading at $361 a share, up significantly from $268 on January 1st. It's a stock heavily invested by hedge funds and covered extensively by forward-thinking analysts whose jobs depend on making accurate forecasts.

I think they'll figure things out and adapt just like they always have.

Our fund has a significant long position in NFLX (Netflix) since the early summer of 2017. (which is not a government secret).

I can promise you that anyone who thinks it's going to crater because of DIS, doesn't know what the flying fu*k they are talking about, and needs to scoop the squirrel sh*t out of their heads that has displaced their brain.

Advertisement
Back