Miami Ranked #12 by CBS Sports

PBJFanatic

Sophomore
12. Miami (Fla.)
Mario Cristobal will have an immediate impact and an immediate quarterback. Cristobal called returning quarterback Tyler Van Dyke "the best quarterback in the country." Van Dyke threw for at least 300 yards and at least three touchdowns in the last four games. The Hurricanes will get tougher in both lines because that's what Cristobal does.

Advertisement
Fifa Reaction GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Prediction time folks:

Vs Bethune Cookman
Vs Southern Miss
@ ATM
Vs Middle tennessee
@ Clemson
@ GT
Vs Duke
Vs Florida State
Vs North Carolina
Vs Pitt
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Should be favored in ten of 12 games, floor 9-3, ceiling 11-1

it's easy to have battered fan syndrome and say we'll probably win 8 tops, but with a solid QB all season, that's a 10 win season. Clemson is no longer a sure loss, aTm will be pretty tough and you have to figure we'll drop another somewhere.

with van dyke all last season, i'd love to have seen us by the time we got to UVA and UNC, and vs. Mich st. i think we win 2 of those.

Prediction time folks:

Vs Bethune Cookman
Vs Southern Miss
@ ATM
Vs Middle tennessee
@ Clemson
@ GT
Vs Duke
Vs Florida State
Vs North Carolina
Vs Pitt
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Should be favored in ten of 12 games, floor 9-3, ceiling 11-1
The schedule sets up nice. A month finish with two transitioning team. A couple primer before big games against ATM and Clemson. #WashTheSpinach

Advertisement
We can stay number 12 as long as we have a good OC who can take advantage of TVD's gifts as Lashlee did. TVD is that good. Give him a competent line and if Chaney comes back healthy, we are in great shape on offense and should average 30 per game.
If Chaney/Rooster/Franklin can stay healthy, and Mirabal can give us above average line play. My Lawd. With the those three, our YPC should be at minimum 6 yards.

Advertisement
I'm not too worried about the Offense. Run blocking needs to improve of course, but my concerns are with the Defense.

All three levels need to improve: DL to play much more disciplined; LB need a serious infusion of athleticism; DBs need to be more consistent.

That said, I see no reason why we can't achieve 10-2.

Advertisement
Back