Miami Ranked #12 by CBS Sports

Advertisement
It's not battered fan syndrome to look uncritically at our situation. Yes, there are reasons for optimism, but every year, people get all fired up during the offseason and start to think the ceiling is the floor. We start to act like the best possible outcome is actually the most likely possible outcome. Sure, we've underperformed for years, but the gap between CIS and the rest of the world in what we expect of Miami isn't just our team's underperforming. Some of it is that we think we're being logical when we're being optimistic. While we're nowhere near as bad, the noles and gators aren't the only ones who get delusional.

My way too early guess? 8-10 wins, and we should be **** happy for that. It wouldn't be crazy to see a slight step back as the team learns new systems...****, they have to learn new everything. I would consider losing to Clem and ATM close to be a step forward. Whatever you think, those teams are much deeper than us and that matters. I would consider only losing to 1 Coastal team a step forward. I would consider losing to fsu to be the end of the f*cking world.

Unfortunately, like the rest of you clowns, I don't really know much.

the rest of us clowns? lol whatever man i guess that was justified :rolleyes: but yeah i'd say taking a step back from 8 wins is crazy with this roster. we have the ACC rookie of the year back at QB and a championship level staff. yes, less than 8 wins would be an abject disaster.

aTm is penciled in as a loss by most people, but sorry an 8-4 team with whoever the f*ck at QB doesn't strike me as an automatic loss, under any circumstances. losing to them and clemson CLOSE, i agree a step forward, if you win the rest of the games, maybe lose 1 more.

I’m not scared of Clemson and ATM. Those are definitely not automatic losses. I think we have legit one of the best 2-3 QBs in CFB. You don’t have automatic losses with that talent at QB and the weapons we have on both sides of the ball. Couple that with now a legit top 5 staff in the country…

I believe the trenches will be fixed, main concern is LB, but **** near every team has a weakness or two. I think Steele will have them serviceable, and if we hit the portal to fill gaps… sky is the limit.

Lashlee for some reason went super ultra-conservative vs Clemson and Bama - we had zero shot playing with our hands tied behind our backs.

If Gattis lets TVD sling the ball versus A&M and Clemson, we have a chance.

Advertisement
I’m not scared of Clemson and ATM. Those are definitely not automatic losses. I think we have legit one of the best 2-3 QBs in CFB. You don’t have automatic losses with that talent at QB and the weapons we have on both sides of the ball. Couple that with now a legit top 5 staff in the country…

I believe the trenches will be fixed, main concern is LB, but **** near every team has a weakness or two. I think Steele will have them serviceable, and if we hit the portal to fill gaps… sky is the limit.
Ok, so we're judging our offense based on a few players last year? How about our defense? The defense I saw most of last year is an automatic loss to either of those teams. We were in shoot-outs with much, much less talented teams when our offense was at its best last year.

Prediction time folks:

Vs Bethune Cookman
Vs Southern Miss
@ ATM
Vs Middle tennessee
@ Clemson
@ GT
Vs Duke
Vs Florida State
Vs North Carolina
Vs Pitt
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Should be favored in ten of 12 games, floor 9-3, ceiling 11-1
Crazy early...but for now...

Bethune Cookman (win)
Southern Miss (win)
TAMU (likely loss)
Mid Tenn (win)

Need to see more between now and game 3...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lashlee for some reason went super ultra-conservative vs Clemson and Bama - we had zero shot playing with our hands tied behind our backs.

If Gattis lets TVD sling the ball versus A&M and Clemson, we have a chance.
Did he really go ultra conservative or do elite teams know how to stop an offense that’s one dimensional and a scheme that anyone with a pulse can shut down?

We shouldn’t lose more than two games with our roster and staff.
I want to agree with this.
We have a QB. A deep RB room. Good young WRs and one of the best TE rooms.
OL should be coached up and better.

Special Teams should be coached up too and better than last year.

Defense looks average at best but we don't know how some of the incoming players will look and what other portal guys we can lure in here after spring.

I look at our schedule though and know how the ACC officials seem to not call things consistently in our favor. Plus Mario is going to make a mistake here and there like he did at Oregon more than likely.

As of right now my gut says we lose 3 games. Probably the two obvious ones and maybe something nobody expects like Virginia.

But that is why they play the games. If we beat A&M then the sky is the limit due to confidence and positive momentum.

Not the least bit interested in a ranking right now. I just want Mario to finish assembling his staff, get some real development going, bring back the culture and winning ways that made us feared. We do that and the rank will take care of itself.

Advertisement
Miami will be physical till the whistle blows , this was how we used to be before upper management as usual screwed things up.

GOCANES

Only Clemson and A&M are tough games. The rest are winnable and A&M doesn't have a QB, so stop their run game and we beat them.

the rest of us clowns? lol whatever man i guess that was justified :rolleyes: but yeah i'd say taking a step back from 8 wins is crazy with this roster. we have the ACC rookie of the year back at QB and a championship level staff. yes, less than 8 wins would be an abject disaster.

aTm is penciled in as a loss by most people, but sorry an 8-4 team with whoever the f*ck at QB doesn't strike me as an automatic loss, under any circumstances. losing to them and clemson CLOSE, i agree a step forward, if you win the rest of the games, maybe lose 1 more.
No Coastal for us again

Advertisement
Back