Miami Ranked #12 by CBS Sports

10-2, losses @TAMU and @Clemson. Offense will carry the team as the defense being built. Improved coaching will certainly help but there will be growing pains and plenty of youthful mistakes. I can see a number 40ish-to-20ish type scores.

Hopefully a strong finish in 2022 and the promise of a CFP run in 2023 encourages TVD to return.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm gonna go with 9-3 but I see 8-4 happening as well.
TA&M and Clemson plus 1 ... maybe 2 divisional games thrown in. Games we should've won types...

Advertisement
Need to nail D coordinator hire. Stop rate for last season per Athletic:

BF444694-60DA-4A97-B993-D274AD9213BF.jpeg

Prediction time folks:

Vs Bethune Cookman
Vs Southern Miss
@ ATM
Vs Middle tennessee
@ Clemson
@ GT
Vs Duke
Vs Florida State
Vs North Carolina
Vs Pitt
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Should be favored in ten of 12 games, floor 9-3, ceiling 11-1
11-2. Lose to A&M, and either Clemson or some rando of UNC/UVA/Pitt/VaTech. Win the ACC Championship game either way. If we lose to CumSon during regular season, we win the rematch. If we beat them regular season, we beat Wake or NC State in Charlotte.

IF the change is real, this is what will happen (barring a rash of injuries or this COVID bull**** getting dragged out and ending up costing us a game or something due to protocols). I expect our starting lineup to look completely different by August.

I guess the other variable would be CumSon doing something I have zero expectation of them doing and rebounding from what I expect to be a long slow downward slide. If they get their offense figured out with a new QB/OC and their new DC turns out to be some kind of hidden genius, then it's 10-3 or even 9-3.

Advertisement
Someone needs to send that publication film of of our oline..In all seriousness we could have a solid szn and be a top 20 team

Advertisement
Advertisement

Something ain't right with James Franklin

Why in the **** would a coach with Penn State's resources hire ManDi?

Did he even watch the tape from last season to see just how much half-assed, fundamentally unsound **** we did on a regular basis?

Franklin must want to get fired and just lay up at the house with his $10M buyout

it's easy to have battered fan syndrome and say we'll probably win 8 tops, but with a solid QB all season, that's a 10 win season. Clemson is no longer a sure loss, aTm will be pretty tough and you have to figure we'll drop another somewhere.

with van dyke all last season, i'd love to have seen us by the time we got to UVA and UNC, and vs. Mich st. i think we win 2 of those.
It's not battered fan syndrome to look uncritically at our situation. Yes, there are reasons for optimism, but every year, people get all fired up during the offseason and start to think the ceiling is the floor. We start to act like the best possible outcome is actually the most likely possible outcome. Sure, we've underperformed for years, but the gap between CIS and the rest of the world in what we expect of Miami isn't just our team's underperforming. Some of it is that we think we're being logical when we're being optimistic. While we're nowhere near as bad, the noles and gators aren't the only ones who get delusional.

My way too early guess? 8-10 wins, and we should be **** happy for that. It wouldn't be crazy to see a slight step back as the team learns new systems...****, they have to learn new everything. I would consider losing to Clem and ATM close to be a step forward. Whatever you think, those teams are much deeper than us and that matters. I would consider only losing to 1 Coastal team a step forward. I would consider losing to fsu to be the end of the f*cking world.

Unfortunately, like the rest of you clowns, I don't really know much.

It's not battered fan syndrome to look uncritically at our situation. Yes, there are reasons for optimism, but every year, people get all fired up during the offseason and start to think the ceiling is the floor. We start to act like the best possible outcome is actually the most likely possible outcome. Sure, we've underperformed for years, but the gap between CIS and the rest of the world in what we expect of Miami isn't just our team's underperforming. Some of it is that we think we're being logical when we're being optimistic. While we're nowhere near as bad, the noles and gators aren't the only ones who get delusional.

My way too early guess? 8-10 wins, and we should be **** happy for that. It wouldn't be crazy to see a slight step back as the team learns new systems...****, they have to learn new everything. I would consider losing to Clem and ATM close to be a step forward. Whatever you think, those teams are much deeper than us and that matters. I would consider only losing to 1 Coastal team a step forward. I would consider losing to fsu to be the end of the f*cking world.

Unfortunately, like the rest of you clowns, I don't really know much.
I agree the gaping issues on defense and the average offensive line aren't going to vanish all of a sudden. it might take more than one season to improve the personnel.

Advertisement
Back