@ GT
Vs Duke
Vs Florida State
Vs North Carolina
Vs Pitt
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Should be favored in ten of 12 games, floor 9-3, ceiling 11-1
So basically the dame as the last 15 years.

Advertisement
We can stay number 12 as long as we have a good OC who can take advantage of TVD's gifts as Lashlee did. TVD is that good. Give him a competent line and if Chaney comes back healthy, we are in great shape on offense and should average 30 per game.
If Chaney/Rooster/Franklin can stay healthy, and Mirabal can give us above average line play. My Lawd. With the those three, our YPC should be at minimum 6 yards.
I'm not too worried about the Offense. Run blocking needs to improve of course, but my concerns are with the Defense.

All three levels need to improve: DL to play much more disciplined; LB need a serious infusion of athleticism; DBs need to be more consistent.

That said, I see no reason why we can't achieve 10-2.
If we can field a top 40 Defense, that about 20 points a game. I can see double digit wins. I can see the offense averaging 35.

I will continue to think we are underdogs in every game until they prove me wrong. This way I'm not disappointed. Mario will be a game changer for us but not day 1.

Advertisement
I will continue to think we are underdogs in every game until they prove me wrong. This way I'm not disappointed. Mario will be a game changer for us but not day 1.
Stare Down Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Prediction time folks:

Vs Bethune Cookman
Vs Southern Miss
@ ATM
Vs Middle tennessee
@ Clemson
@ GT
Vs Duke
Vs Florida State
Vs North Carolina
Vs Pitt
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Tell me who the OC and DC is and I'll give you a prediction.

Advertisement
The thing with this squad is Mario is not inheriting a bad team, its an underachieving team. We have had coaches who fail to make the whole more than the sum of its parts. It would be great to upset one of these two big teams on the road. We should have a chance in both games. Right now one betting line has us at 9th favorite to win the playoffs, tied with ND and UF. So it seems vegas is high on us. TVD could take it to another level in Briles offense for example. I think he will be the OC.

The improvements we make on D will determine if we have a decent, good or a great season

Advertisement
We didn't crack ESPN's "Way Too Early" Top 25 for 2022. At least 3 other ACC squads listed if I recall. NC State was one.

Prediction time folks:

Vs Bethune Cookman
Vs Southern Miss
@ ATM
Vs Middle tennessee
@ Clemson
@ GT
Vs Duke
Vs Florida State
Vs North Carolina
Vs Pitt
@ Virginia
@ VaTech

Get better LBs =10-2 and if we rollout with Flagg again then I 8-4

Advertisement
IF you believe the Canes should win all games aside from Clemson and Texas A&M, then #12 is about right. Hopefully Cristobal ends the history of Miami losing to teams with lesser talent during the season (although Oregon's loss to Stanford worries me lol).

Advertisement
Back