Miami Pro Day 2022

We do the same thing with a lot of kids. Rambo was here 1 year.

KJ the same. That’s how the game goes

Again, I'll make this clear.

If Miami is claiming credit for Rambo's strength numbers, feel free to point that out to me.

On the other hand, did Rambo have as many catches and yards at Miami in one year as he had at Oklahoma in 3 years? Yes. Yes he did.

Everything depends on wording and context. Was Colorado State saying that Patchan's strength numbers were due solely to CSU and could not be accomplished anywhere else? Yes.

Is Miami claiming that only we were capable of developing Rambo? No. But it is also fair to point out that his 1 year at Miami was a record-setting year at Miami, which has a long and proud tradition at the WR position.

There are differences here. Stop trying to make this out like "everybody does the same stuff". It just isn't true.

Advertisement
Ban bet that you’re wrong. I could easily see 3 of those guys getting drafted in king, Hartley, and ford, even McCloud might for his versatility.

Harley deserves to get drafted but not getting an NFL combine invite usually equates to undrafted free agent.

King is 5’8” but doesn’t run a 4.4 and coming off a knee injury, don’t see how he gets drafted at WR and Harley is a way better WR than him and didn’t get a combine invite.

Ford and McCloud are right up there with Donaldson in terms of having a negative 0% chance of getting drafted not happening.

Not really some guys just ain’t gone be that good

True.

But our underperforming blue chip rate is way to high. Our ratio of guys who got better vs guys who got worse over time isn’t normal.

Regardless, we are in capable hands now.

Would not be surprised if one of these 7th round/UFA players land in the right situation and end up having a solid NFL career.

Advertisement
Hopefully our pro days are on the up and up from here. I think Bubba, Rambo, and Ford get drafted late and the rest will be lucky to make a team.

Excited for Mario turn this into a main event with ESPN coverage.

Advertisement
Hot take: McCloud will be drafted in 7th, possibly 6th. And he sticks for 5 years in the league.

Got a feeling McCloud is boom or bust player. Either he doesn’t make it past the 1st level of cuts in training camp or he has productive 7-8 year career.

Not really some guys just ain’t gone be that good
Don’t kid yourself..You give Bama those same dudes they get groomed as pit bulls! They get the best coaching, nutrition, strength and conditioning, and sports psychology. They wouldn’t all be first round picks but they’d be better than they are right now

Advertisement
mark my words, ford is going to get drafted in the looks good getting off the bus slot. god just dont make many humans as big and athletic as him and some gm is going to roll da bones, even though he has measly production. tversky and kahneman say hi.

I don’t think he will, but I hope he does. I legit only see Rambo, Bolden, & possibly McCloud getting drafted & they will all be latter rounds. This draft is incredibly deep at multiple positions.

The problem w/ Ford is that looks like Tarzan, has the traits of Tarzan, but once u pop in the film, his size/strength doesn’t translate to production or even chit that doesn’t show up in the box score. B/c of his potential, however, I think he’s one of the first UDFA call. Jmo.

Don’t kid yourself..You give Bama those same dudes they get groomed as pit bulls! They get the best coaching, nutrition, strength and conditioning, and sports psychology. They wouldn’t all be first round picks but they’d be better than they are right now
We have a phenomenal new coaching staff at Miami. We'll be developing at the highest level again going forward. Miami was legendary for developing ballers in the 80s, 90s and 00s. Bama can't even come close to the number of 1st rounders, All Pros and NFL HOFers we developed in that span. Let's support this staff and this U.

Rambo will be a very good WR in the NFL if he's given a shot. He's put a lot of great plays on film. He balled out for us. Hopefully the NFL focuses on that because the man can play and seriously deserves a shot at the next level.

Advertisement
Zion………Donaldson was a monster as a freshman.

True, but I meant most Programs redshirt OL and don’t play them until year 3.

To put into context, I believe Darius Washington was an All Freshman pick at FSU. That guy got abused by Rousseau in 2019

Ford was an enigma during his tenure here. huge and athletic, I always thought the light would come and he would dominate the person in front of him. never happened. don't know why.

Ford was an enigma during his tenure here. huge and athletic, I always thought the light would come and he would dominate the person in front of him. never happened. don't know why.

Agree. Big head scratcher. Kuligowski was a terrible recruiter and arrogant. But he did a pretty good job developing and he knew talent. Ford was his prodigy and he looked like he was going to break out after he flashed as a freshman. Then he never took another step.

Advertisement
Back