Miami or Notre Dame?

I think Notre Dame is about a #10 caliber team. Miami is about a #25 caliber team.

I don't that Notre Dame is that great, but I'd definitely make them favorites over Miami.

I think it's unlikely that Miami will win out. And, frankly, I'm not even sure why people are acting like it's a given that there will be an ACC championship game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In this wacky season and without two division winners to play in the championship, maybe it would have been better to schedule one less regular game than then have a playoff between the top four in the ACC.

In this wacky season and without two division winners to play in the championship, maybe it would have been better to schedule one less regular game than then have a playoff between the top four in the ACC.

We needed to deliver inventory for ESPN and the ACCN.

Cutting 8 games in favor of only 2 games is not going to get the ACC paid and laid.

If there is a scenario where we are concerned with a tie breaker with ND to go to the ACCCG then this season will be labeled a success regardless of the result of said tiebreaker

Advertisement
If there is a scenario where we are concerned with a tie breaker with ND to go to the ACCCG then this season will be labeled a success regardless of the result of said tiebreaker

Valid point. Top 3 in the ACC is much better than where we've usually been (at the end of the season) since we joined the ACC.

And in this year of only conference games and no Bethune or famu we have to be on our game every week. We haven’t. But are still 5-1. In a normal we would have some tune ups. In a regular year playing our usual coastal schedule I’d say we would run away with the thing

Can I assume that if Notre Dame and Miami wins out except for a ND a loss to Clemson they will go to the ACC Championship game because they will be ranked higer?
Not according to the ACC.

1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Head-to-head competition versus the team with the best overall win percentage and proceeding though the conference. Multiple ties within the conference will be broken from first to last using the league’s tiebreaker policies.
3. Overall win percentage versus all common conference opponents.
4. Win percentage versus common conference opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win percentage) and proceeding through other common conference opponents based upon their conference order of finish.
5. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
6. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

But they will put a 1 loss nd team over 1 loss UM in acccg imho.

Advertisement
Back