Miami offers DE Oladele, plans to visit soon

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0458.jpg

Although Miami has already established most of its top targets for the 2018 class, offers will continue to go out as a Canes coaches do their spring evaluations. When defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski wants a prospect, it means a ton -- and Edison defensive end Kayode Oladele is the most recent offer for Coach Kool.

Miami offered Oladele last Thursday, but he got word of it on Monday.

Oladele moved to the United States in 2014 from Lagos, Nigeria and said that his only prior knowledge of football was from watching videos on YouTube. When he arrived in the U.S., Oladele was about 6-2, 200 pounds, but is currently at 6-4, 235 and his coaches plan to add even more weight on him before the season. After watching Oladele's film and showing interest, Edison assistant coach Jon Drummond sent a workout video of Oladele to Coach Kuligowski and the offer came shortly thereafter.

Drummond said that aside from obvious addition of strength and size since he arrived in the country, the main improvement in Oladele's game is his movement and flexibility.

"The weather in Florida was just like how it was in my country so that adjustment," Oladele said. "I honestly didn't know much about football before I got here."

Florida State offered Oladele a few weeks back and has planned to attend their junior day this weekend, so he will miss Miami's junior day. He added that he wants to get to Miami's campus soon and that he attended multiple Canes games this year. Drummond said he will take Oladele to campus for an unofficial within the next couple weeks, as well as Miami's next junior day.

https://youtu.be/7SlnKn7e-ZM

"I think he's a really great coach and he has put a lot of great players in the pros and maybe one day I will be able to work with him," Oladele said of Kuligowski. He added that the Miami offer "means a lot".

Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Wisconsin are other programs that have offered him.

Advertisement
Sucks he is going to FSU's Junior Day over ours. Hopefully he will be at Paradise.

Is everyone ignoring the 2000lbs gorilla sitting in the room with the "leader of Men" tank top on! Jon "Genron" Drummond is the king of street agents an if he has hooks in this kid then UM needs to move on.

There are plenty of other options in south Florida this year fortunately for Miami.

Go Ganes

Advertisement
If The idea is to have this kids best interest then Drummond knows up and down coach kool is the best developer of talent at the dline position. I mean we seen what happened with valentine when he went to lsu.

Last edited:
If The idea is to have this kids best interest then Drummond knows up and down coach kool is the best developer of talent at the dline position. I mean we seen what happened with valentine went to lsu
He has his own interests ahead of the kids though

Advertisement
Sucks he is going to FSU's Junior Day over ours. Hopefully he will be at Paradise.

Who ever pays drummond the most gas money wins.

7-on-7 high school football draws scrutiny of NCAA, high school coaches over fears of third-party influences
Many 7-on-7 coaches, including Drummond, drive carloads of players to campuses for unofficial visits. Some coaches are paid to work camps those schools host. Some claim to receive "gas money" from college coaches.

"And maybe something for McDonald's," Drummond said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back