Miami offers 2022 DB Kamari Wilson

Fast forward to the 1:03 mark and Hayes gets Kamari on the phone. When asked if Canes are in the lead, he shares that we are Top 3.

I caught this off Twitter from @endogains and I'm sure others caught and have shared elsewhere. Wanted to drop it here. He (Kamari) also said that a decision will come on early signing day. Of course, visits this summer could change that. Here's to the marathon recruitment that Liberty always prepares us for!

Advertisement
UF, UGA, AU & Texas are our top competition for Kamari, LSU might be too, but I think they may have other targets locally they’ll be after.

Miami has the lead as of now, the only thing we have working against us is that our track record at IMG with DB’s is not good at all (mainly because their DB coach doesn’t like Miami, he’s a former Hokie), but we can beat UF in the head to head for just about any Safety, UGA & AU is only a bag battle & Texas will be the intriguing school to look out for because they will have a first class bump for Sark & Sark assembled a really strong staff in their recruiting department & Terry Joseph is a very good recruiter as well, but I think they’ll wanna stay more local for DB’s in this class.

But I like Miami’s chances here, if he’s TRob #1 target he’ll land him.
Love that last line. That's why we bring in a guy like T-Rob! T-Rob plus recent success recruiting the position/landing #1 targets should have us all optimistic!

From Wiltfong's article tonight:

“I picked them not because how good they are but because of their background and their coaches,” Wilson told 247Sports. “All these schools I picked have wonderful coaches and they really showed me how they can develop me, and going on with my (recruitment) I’m going to see who can develop me the most.”

A few schools have been coming real hard for the five-star Wilson.
“I’ve been talking to Georgia a lot, Miami a lot, LSU a lot,” Wilson said.

From that group he has an official scheduled to Georgia the first weekend of June.
“I love the coaching staff,” Wilson said. “Coach (Will) Muschamp, Coach (Kirby) Smart, Coach (Jahmile) Addae, I feel like they have a great coaching staff defensive back wise and Coach Smart is basically like Nick Saban and he’s going to be there a long time. Coach Smart even played safety at Georgia and Coach Muschamp and I think that’s one of the big things and I think they can develop me as a person and a football player.”

Wilson plans on trimming his list from 12 to five at some point and utilizing all his officials before making a college decision.

“I’m going to see what all these coaches have to say,” Wilson said.

NOTE: From the Bama board, their 247 guy basically said they stopped talking to him. They have other guys higher on their board . Supposedly he would commit to them on the spot if he was given the green light.

Advertisement
Rust Mansell this morning:

"Will Muschamp is all in there, really tight with him"

Muschamp is spearheading the recruitment of a number of their defensive targets..

Def worried about UGA here. They will and are making him a priority and he loved USCe when Muschamp and T Rob were there prior so not surprised to see Muschamp is carrying that relationship to UGA. It will be a battle for sure but one T Rob needs to win...

Advertisement
Def worried about UGA here. They will and are making him a priority and he loved USCe when Muschamp and T Rob were there prior so not surprised to see Muschamp is carrying that relationship to UGA. It will be a battle for sure but one T Rob needs to win...
Really getting sick & tired of Kirby Dumbass & UGA... The biggest underachievers in college football on an annual basis.

Will Muschump won’t even be coaching a UGA this time next year, these kids man I swear they never think long term.

Really getting sick & tired of Kirby Dumbass & UGA... The biggest underachievers in college football on an annual basis.

Will Muschump won’t even be coaching a UGA this time next year, these kids man I swear they never think long term.

Georgia has an easy schedule next season, only sure loss I see is Clemson.
So they will again be overrated for the entire season until the sec title game. Smart will not get fired but he wont win anything either.

IDK about that, LCE. There was just talk about Muschamp and how long he would be there on their board. Mansell said they bought a nice home and really like AThens. One of his sons is a walk-on for Kirby; the other is going to Athens Academy and I believe will be the starting QB. Seems like he plans to be there for a few years at least.

He's heavily involved in their defensive recruiting behind the scenes.

Advertisement
Georgia has an easy schedule next season, only sure loss I see is Clemson.
So they will again be overrated for the entire season until the sec title game. Smart will not get fired but he wont win anything either.

I feel the same about UGA but man my only worry is that with ALLL that talent they have, I feel that ONE year it’ll all come together and they get favorable bounces all the way to winning the natty. Kind of like Coach O and LSU in 2019.

Advertisement
I think this will be UGA's best year under Kirby. I think that QB from USC is legit, and their schedule is cake outside of Clemson like it has been mentioned.

I feel the same about UGA but man my only worry is that with ALLL that talent they have, I feel that ONE year it’ll all come together and they get favorable bounces all the way to winning the natty. Kind of like Coach O and LSU in 2019.
JT Daniels is not even remotely close to Joe Burrows level. Teams will be able to pass at will against UGA’s secondary. Plus Smart is an awful game coach which usually costs his team one loss a season.

JT Daniels is not even remotely close to Joe Burrows level. Teams will be able to pass at will against UGA’s secondary. Plus Smart is an awful game coach which usually costs his team one loss a season.

Yea but the point is, Joe Burrow wasn’t “Joe Burrow” in 2018. He was pedestrian as ****. Also, im not saying it’ll be this year either, but I fear it WILL eventually click. Again, we all said the same thing about LSU and **** use to say it about Mack Brown too. All it takes is ONE season for it all to work itself out if you have enough talent

****, look at Clemson. Don’t even remember how we use to say “Clemsoning” anymore before they won it all

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back