Miami Offers 2018 Safety Randy Russell Jr.

some of the guys we have at Safety will move to other positions.

Derrick Smith is huge and will probably grow into a LB most likely. Amari Carter also has a huge frame to carry 240+ lbs.

We need 3 safeties next year....especially if we don't get P.Ford (which is very likely).

Russell, Frierson, Hall.
Amari Carter will not get up to 240lbs, you're crazy...

I think his overall point is he could turn into a LB.

won't be a 240lb one, but could eventually see him slide down, as an 220-230 lb one though.

Advertisement

Derrick Smith is huge and will probably grow into a LB most likely. Amari Carter also has a huge frame to carry 240+ lbs.

We need 3 safeties next year....especially if we don't get P.Ford (which is very likely).

Russell, Frierson, Hall.

Lol. Dude forgot golden was gone.

Miami Quality players:

CB:
- Malek young
- Trajan Bandy
- Jhavonta Dean
- Deejay Dallas

S:
- Jaquan Johnson
- Cedrick Wright
- Jeff James (Borderline)
- Amari Carter

Seems to me like we need 4-5 CB's, and another 4 Safety's:

CB:
- Al Blades
- Asante Samuel
- DJ Ivey
- Jalen Patterson
- Tyson Campbell

S:
- Gurvan Hall
- Gilbert Frierson
- Josh Jobe
- Randy Russell

Greatest DB haul of all time. Get these guys in, and clear out the rest of the DB roster I didn't list as Miami quality.

Romeo Finley and Derrick Smith?

Russell, Frierson, Hall.

won't be a 240lb one, but could eventually see him slide down, as an 220-230 lb one though.

He is 188 now. Thats quite a bit of weight to add.

Advertisement
Miami Quality players:

CB:
- Malek young
- Trajan Bandy
- Jhavonta Dean
- Deejay Dallas

S:
- Jaquan Johnson
- Cedrick Wright
- Jeff James (Borderline)
- Amari Carter

Seems to me like we need 4-5 CB's, and another 4 Safety's:

CB:
- Al Blades
- Asante Samuel
- DJ Ivey
- Jalen Patterson
- Tyson Campbell

S:
- Gurvan Hall
- Gilbert Frierson
- Josh Jobe
- Randy Russell

Greatest DB haul of all time. Get these guys in, and clear out the rest of the DB roster I didn't list as Miami quality.

Romeo Finley and Derrick Smith?

Finley is borderline, but I think every single one of these 2018 guys would immediately beat him out.
As for Derrick Smith, I don't see him as anything but a LB. That dude will not be a safety here imo.

Russell, Frierson, Hall.

He's not a LB, people get it misconstrued because he was asked to play down in the Box, but make no mistake about it, he's a classic SS/Rover.

I understand that that position always gives people the impression that a player will smoothly transition to LB, but in Diaz's Scheme the two aren't necessarily interchangeable...

The Will & Sam LB spots in this Defense have a ton of responsibilities, and while Amari is a highly intelligent young man who could probably adjust very well to it, it's not always as easy as people make it out to be.

Amari's strengths suite him best at SS, and the fact he's an EE gives him an advantage to compete very early for playing time.
Trying to grow him into a LB wouldn't be beneficiary to his development as a player in this Defense.

There's a reason why **** near everyone on here wanted Jamal at LB, especially after all the injuries & dismissals, but Diaz & Banda knew better than that.

Russell, Frierson, Hall.

He's not a LB, people get it misconstrued because he was asked to play down in the Box, but make no mistake about it, he's a classic SS/Rover.

I understand that that position always gives people the impression that a player will smoothly transition to LB, but in Diaz's Scheme the two aren't necessarily interchangeable...

The Will & Sam LB spots in this Defense have a ton of responsibilities, and while Amari is a highly intelligent young man who could probably adjust very well to it, it's not always as easy as people make it out to be.

Amari's strengths suite him best at SS, and the fact he's an EE gives him an advantage to compete very early for playing time.
Trying to grow him into a LB wouldn't be beneficiary to his development as a player in this Defense.

There's a reason why **** near everyone on here wanted Jamal at LB, especially after all the injuries & dismissals, but Diaz & Banda knew better than that.

Well I agree and think he will be our backup SS this year, and maybe beat out Finley by the end of the year. But I'm not gunna be surprised if at some point he does end up transitioning to LB.

Russell, Frierson, Hall.

Amari Carter might be my favorite recruit of this cycle. Handled his recruitmemt very maturely & seems like hes all about his business. Wouldn't be surprised if gets on the field very early opposite of JJ.

Advertisement
Russell's closing speed jumps out at me. He can really accelerate and he arrives with violence. Perfect fit in this defense.

I just got off the phone with Russell's 13U-14U DB coach. He's an old HS teammate of mine and like family. FWIW, he said he can't picture a scenario where Macho's not a Cane with the offer on the table...

This kid was made for Manny Diaz. You find room for a kid like this. Idc if we take 7 safeties. Athletes like this are what we need to stack.

Headhunter that ran HS track first time this year. Also played top quality competition throughout his CC career. Recorded a 200m in 22.72. This run into a -2.6 mps head wind. Calculated to a 22.47--200m in a calm environment. National elite 22.00. Since first year running track in HS will probably meet this standard this spring.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Russell, Frierson, Hall.

Well I agree and think he will be our backup SS this year, and maybe beat out Finley by the end of the year. But I'm not gunna be surprised if at some point he does end up transitioning to LB.

I would be suprised if finley starts. Thats who needs to move to LB.

This that dude (Russell) who was bringing the pain at states. Him and Derek Smith (U Commit) were the two hardest hitting, aggressive and instinctual safeties of all state teams. He's that dogg that makes other teammates play harder. I like the offer, but how do we get Gurvan Hall, Frierson and Russell at safety? Jobe, Ivey, Blades and Campbell at CB for 2018! Put a good DL in front of this group with the 2017 DB's and we BCS bound! Yea I said it! Between Amari Carter, Frierson, Derek Smith, Gurvan Hall and Randy Russell, some WR or TE gonna get disability early.

Advertisement
Back