Miami Nights official

3 things:

1. 7-11 may sue us for copyright infringement

2. They provided us w/ the neon look, yet the chin strap is traditional

3. It’s crooked

Again, the concept…I like, the execution I don’t.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna buy one. I guess that particular pic made me see what they were maybe going for and I can appreciate the attempt.

I just think orange and green is kind of hard to pull off with black. Which is why I said IF we insist on doing black once a year, instead of half-assing it just swap orange and green for pink and cyan.

Hard-core fans might hate it but it will get over with the casuals and kids.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna buy one. I guess that particular pic made me see what they were maybe going for and I can appreciate the attempt.

I just think orange and green is kind of hard to pull off with black. Which is why I said IF we insist on doing black once a year, instead of half-assing it just swap orange and green for pink and cyan.

Hard-core fans might hate it but it will get over with the casuals and kids.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live
Orange and green look terrible with black, unless you love Halloween.

Advertisement
Over 15 pages and counting on who likes what uniform the best. Unreal.

This is about as riveting as listening to a bunch of 5th grade girls argue over which outfit to dress Ken in, for his visit to the Barbie dream house.

Now I know what it must feel like when crystal meth atrophies your brain.

Let's bottom line this: If they can beat the crap out of teams by 3 TD's every game, I couldn't care less if they played in nothing but fur covered beaver balls.

....okay? every team makes one of those reaction videos for every uniform. the colts did it for their horrendous alternates this year lol. glad the kids like em but it doesn't change my opinion
show me what happened when adidas rented that club and brought out that trash gear with the feathers...

Last edited:
I’ll take this all day over that truly disgusting FEATHERS uniform we had in 15-16… which is sadly the last time we won a **** bowl game.

Adidas is awful it took 8 years for them to finally not let the U on the chest area not be completely stretched.

When it comes to stopping crudddy designs it starts with an AD and football ops/coach who have a set and tell the apparel company NO that’s not us.

Advertisement
Yep the all green with the solid orange shoulder. 2005 season. Craziest thing bout that game was it was a makeup. The hurricane earlier in the year postponed that game by like two months, GT STUNK at beginning of year.
Calvin Johnson caught everything within a 2 mile vicinity that night.

That
I'm going to ask a simple question, so don't be offended.

How old are you?

Because here's the thing, I can understand if some of the younger posters don't understand this issue.

Miami was, quite simply, THE FIRST all-apparel/all-equipment contract that Nike ever did. Not Oregon. MIAMI.

So this meant quite a lot to UM when we negotiated this deal in the late-80s/early-90s. When I first enrolled in 1986, we STILL had leftover 1983 National Championship merch in the UM Bookstore. And if I still had one of those sweatshirts, in that disgusting shade of NOT UM green, you would be shocked.

And don't get me wrong, I liked the Russell jerseys too. But when we were THE FIRST Nike school, it was an indication that we had truly arrived. That a small private school that everyone hated was good enough for Nike.

I realize a lot of people can't understand that feeling, it only comes around once. But I would ask you, sir, to stop with the "succumb to the marketing hypnosis of the swoosh" nonsense. Nike was our first true "business partner", and I believe that should mean something. Not "Beta Blake trying to make his legacy on SEEMINGLY more money with adidas".

And to quote the great Alonzo Highsmith..."Miami is a Nike school. Miami is not an adidas school. Miami is a Nike school."

He's right.
A "Nike school?" What does that even mean? Some nastalga over some logo? Don't try to tie all the accomplishments on the field to an apparel company. It has zero meaning and shouldn't have.

The only things that matter are how much they are paying and how they are promoting the school, which is the reason Miami left Nike in the 1st place.

Miami is a marquee school for Adidas. Miami is "just another school" for Nike. Truth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed.

Yeah, I would have joined one of the two primary Orlando City supporters groups, except they built that section of the stadium to be standing-only. I used to take my nieces and nephews to the games, they want to sit down and eat food...

That's a tough ask to stand that long.

Trying to decide what MLS game to take the 10 year old to for his first (he's the soccer player) and that's the one thing I've seen about those area seats. All standing and you better be decked out in the home colors. He really wants to see Messi and it's a crap shoot on whether he plays or not. Will wait until next year and catch a game somewhere.

One thing I love whenever ya’ll bring up the 2014 jerseys are the combination that the players themselves chose. Lol

Yet, none ya’ll ever post the following.
Those would have been pretty good but i always hated the weird green clam shell sleeves. The sleeves match the rest of the uniform they would have easily been in the best nike uniforms since 2000-03

Advertisement
I’m not here to change ur opinion. However, I’ve seen when we switched to Adidas, including the unveiling of Richt’s vision of our unis & it wasn’t met w the same enthusiasm.

Personally I absolutely loved the 2014 threads, I just hated the Orange over Green & vise versa combination. But what irks me, & I’m not saying u, is whenever ppl **** on these unis, they always post that combination & say “Nike put us in this.” No, Nike did not put us in that, the Student Athletes chose that combination. That’s my point.

Also, just for correction; The Colts did not do a reaction video, they did a uniform hype video to unveil their new threads. Two separate things.

Again, ur opinion is ur opinion champ & salute to u for ur opinion.
2014 uni's were my favorite since the 2000-2003 kit, hands down. Legit looked like NFL jerseys, and the quality of both team and fan apparel was unmatched. When we do go back to Nike, I want us to just revert to that 2014 kit to be honest.

Over 15 pages and counting on who likes what uniform the best. Unreal.

This is about as riveting as listening to a bunch of 5th grade girls argue over which outfit to dress Ken in, for his visit to the Barbie dream house.

Now I know what it must feel like when crystal meth atrophies your brain.

Let's bottom line this: If they can beat the crap out of teams by 3 TD's every game, I couldn't care less if they played in nothing but fur covered beaver balls.

The beavers would mind . . . OUCH!

Advertisement
Back