Miami Nights official

Lmao. Dude I literally acknowledged that it was old after you pointed it out and said that was all I could find at that moment. My next point was that Nike remains on top, which is backed up by sources since posted.

Why are you still crying about the chart being old? We dealt with this pages ago man.

Old chart, new chart. Nike remains on top. I don’t think we disagree on that.
Nope - not at all. We agree for sure. I don't disagree with the main point regarding Nike and don't have any reason to do otherwise given more recent data and the sources/observable landscape out there. I saw something misleading and called it out was all. You backed it up with sources, I just said the source was old and suggested maybe newer data should have been used. End of story. ****, I even liked your post and gave you props for sharing your sources. Respect. I mean, you went in on the whole MB drama dogging out thing that TOC was doing, betting your account (?) and such, and that's where I take issue w/you a little and had to give it back to you some - but as for you stepping up and sharing your source - I respect that.

My main thing was that people are susceptible to making assertions off of data that may be faulty. TOC proved my point, he fvcked around and found out when I used his reply to your chart as a *prime example* of what I was talking about, and why posting the source with your data viz is important.

Advertisement
man, am i the only one who thinks these all sucked? lol. these are the unis they wore the back half of my undergrad and i always hated them. say what you will about adidas but i was happy to see us go back to a bit more of a classic look with them (after the weird adidas feather-shoulder ones, which also sucked lol)

Data hasn't changed where Nike is concerned. Still #1. Never said anything to the contrary.

Also, I gave my own assertions as opinions. If I stated something as fact, I'd be backing it up with links or referring to links in this thread already posted backing me up (as I did earlier).

More so felt the need to call someone out for just posting a pie chart w/o context to confuse dummies like yourself who wouldn't bother to ask "what's the data/source" behind that?

Again, it is clear to everyone but yourself that you need serious help with your mental state.

People are free to post as much, or as little, of an article as they choose to on this site. You aren't the board police. You can't force everyone to footnote and annotate as if this was the New England Medical Journal. If you want to do that, good for you. But to rip multiple people for not doing so is both insane and bizarrely aggressive.

As for your ongoing obsession with my "confusion", this is just more of your paternalistic condescension, which nobody wants or needs. You keep assuming I was "fooled" or "misled" or "confused", and you couldn't be farther from the truth. First, I regularly read that website, and have for nearly 20 years. Second, I regularly converse with @Rellyrell on the topic of sports apparel, since I worked for many years in the sports industry. So for you to PRESUME what I do and do not know, or what I am aware of or "misled" by, is just ridiculous.

I assure you, in no uncertain terms, I know more about this subject matter than you do. I guaran-*******-tee it, and you can footnote me on that.

So I don't need you going on for a dozen posts about how you saved us all from the perils of being misled. I've seen that pie chart before. I've seen that article before. I don't need a poster to spell out anything for me. I know how to read and interpret data. I know how to research, having built those skills multiple times (MBA, law school, industry jobs over the past 25 years).

At this point, I would normally insert my obligatory (and sarcastic) thank you for all you've done to help li'l old dummy me, but the artifice has worn thin. You are an arrogant and presumptuous jackhole who has chosen to pick a fight with your obvious superior. And now that I've beaten the crap out of you, I realize you're still going to try to talk **** as I turn my back on you to walk away.

Don't care. The truly sad part about all of this is that you are always going to be the way that you are. No amount of data or logic will change that.

Advertisement
I've seen that pie chart before. I've seen that article before. I don't need a poster to spell out anything for me. I know how to read and interpret data. I know how to research, having built those skills multiple times (MBA, law school, industry jobs over the past 25 years).
Then why did your response seem like you'd *just now* seen that info and you posted your reaction like it was new information to you? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Seems someone with all those qualifications/experience wouldn't have posted something to make them look like a dummy, dummy.

And now that I've beaten the crap out of you, I realize you're still going to try to talk **** as I turn my back on you to walk away.

Don't care. The truly sad part about all of this is that you are always going to be the way that you are. No amount of data or logic will change that.
Dude - I've said Bye Felicia in like 50-trillion ways to you in this thread. You proved my point and was a prime example of what I was calling out. Again - take your L and ride off. As for that last sentence - pot, meet kettle.

Matter of fact, enjoy this block. 👋👋👋

I Love It Reaction GIF by Magic: The Gathering

Advertisement
Nope - not at all. We agree for sure. I don't disagree with the main point regarding Nike and don't have any reason to do otherwise given more recent data and the sources/observable landscape out there. I saw something misleading and called it out was all. You backed it up with sources, I just said the source was old and suggested maybe newer data should have been used. End of story. ****, I even liked your post and gave you props for sharing your sources. Respect. I mean, you went in on the whole MB drama dogging out thing that TOC was doing, betting your account (?) and such, and that's where I take issue w/you a little and had to give it back to you some - but as for you stepping up and sharing your source - I respect that.

My main thing was that people are susceptible to making assertions off of data that may be faulty. TOC proved my point, he fvcked around and found out when I used his reply to your chart as a *prime example* of what I was talking about, and why posting the source with your data viz is important.

You are a liar who needs to stop lying. All of your retroactive butt-kissing doesn't change the fact that you chose to pick a fight with me. All over, exactly, ONE SENTENCE:

"Under Armour has doubled the adidas preference, and pretty much the only UA schools are Notre Dame and Maryland."

That is the sum total of the "reason" for your multi-page, multi-post diatribe over people being "misled" by "faulty data".

Immediately, the person who posted it humiliated you by providing the source.

But you persisted.

Meanwhile, you cannot find fault with what I wrote. Whether it was yesterday or "***EIGHT YEARS AGO***", those statistics were true. You refuse to even acknowledge the ELEVATED manner in which the data was collected:

1696010392654.png

Again, you have presumed that the information provided by @McGahee2TheHouse , and which I responded to, was "new information" to me, and "misleading" to me. Neither are true.

And you've spent pages fighting for this so-called premise, which I've told you is untrue.

But, hey, you do you.

It's just so...stupid...and pointless...

....okay? every team makes one of those reaction videos for every uniform. the colts did it for their horrendous alternates this year lol. glad the kids like em but it doesn't change my opinion

So where are all of these reaction videos? For every uniform?

Then why did your response seem like you'd *just now* seen that info and you posted your reaction like it was new information to you?

I cannot possibly account for the stupid and baseless assumptions you make. That's on you.

For a person who claims to be so data-driven, you make terrible assumptions and even worse arguments. Don't blame me for that.

But keep trying to duck out of your disastrous comments. Block everyone who disagrees with you and points out your terrible posts. I don't care.

Advertisement
You are a liar who needs to stop lying. All of your retroactive butt-kissing doesn't change the fact that you chose to pick a fight with me. All over, exactly, ONE SENTENCE:

"Under Armour has doubled the adidas preference, and pretty much the only UA schools are Notre Dame and Maryland."

That is the sum total of the "reason" for your multi-page, multi-post diatribe over people being "misled" by "faulty data".

Immediately, the person who posted it humiliated you by providing the source.

But you persisted.

Meanwhile, you cannot find fault with what I wrote. Whether it was yesterday or "***EIGHT YEARS AGO***", those statistics were true. You refuse to even acknowledge the ELEVATED manner in which the data was collected:

View attachment 259043

Again, you have presumed that the information provided by @McGahee2TheHouse , and which I responded to, was "new information" to me, and "misleading" to me. Neither are true.

And you've spent pages fighting for this so-called premise, which I've told you is untrue.

But, hey, you do you.

It's just so...stupid...and pointless...
1696010772572.png

Advertisement
So where are all of these reaction videos? For every uniform?

this took me like thirty seconds. there's dozens more, and that's just on youtube- typically they'll get posted directly to team social media accounts. it's exceedingly common practice lol idk what to tell you man

....okay? every team makes one of those reaction videos for every uniform. the colts did it for their horrendous alternates this year lol. glad the kids like em but it doesn't change my opinion

I’m not here to change ur opinion. However, I’ve seen when we switched to Adidas, including the unveiling of Richt’s vision of our unis & it wasn’t met w the same enthusiasm.

Personally I absolutely loved the 2014 threads, I just hated the Orange over Green & vise versa combination. But what irks me, & I’m not saying u, is whenever ppl **** on these unis, they always post that combination & say “Nike put us in this.” No, Nike did not put us in that, the Student Athletes chose that combination. That’s my point.

Also, just for correction; The Colts did not do a reaction video, they did a uniform hype video to unveil their new threads. Two separate things.

Again, ur opinion is ur opinion champ & salute to u for ur opinion.

I’m not here to change ur opinion. However, I’ve seen when we switched to Adidas, including the unveiling of Richt’s vision of our unis & it wasn’t met w the same enthusiasm.

Personally I absolutely loved the 2014 threads, I just hated the Orange over Green & vise versa combination. But what irks me, & I’m not saying u, is whenever ppl **** on these unis, they always post that combination & say “Nike put us in this.” No, Nike did not put us in that, the Student Athletes chose that combination. That’s my point.

Also, just for correction; The Colts did not do a reaction video, they did a uniform hype video to unveil their new threads. Two separate things.

Again, ur opinion is ur opinion champ & salute to u for ur opinion.
fair enough. i have absolutely no dog in the nike vs adidas fight, truly do not care lol. i just wasn't a fan of those particular unis. if the kids liked em that's great

I know this ain't for everyone but I like these. Alot

[BGCOLOR=initial]I know how some love the swoosh and you could literally sell them anything, but these scream Miami. Unlike the Christmas Ornament helmets, the players are going to love these. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Back