Miami NFTC updates

And what an insult by Luginbill towards Cook in the little caption for his video it says something like "Could be the next Ryan Green"

That's a joke, Ryan Green is a scat back/slot that dropped everything thrown his way in the all-star game.

I think Green is going to be pretty **** good. He said that because they are both explosive. You also have to remember Green didn't play most of his Sr season because he got injured.

I'm obviously using some hyperbole in hating on Green. But, a.) I don't think Green and Cook are similar types of backs and b.) I think Green will be solid as a change of pace back, but I was never that impressed with him.

My feelings about Green were from before he was a nole commit. Back last year when Miami offered him, some people were hyping him up, but I didn't see it. I think there are about 10 RBs each year out of Florida that are as good or better than Green. He is definitely a BCS caliber talent, but I think he was overrated. I think Cook is a phenom type of offensive weapon that doesn't come out of the HS ranks every year. I guess the comparison could stand in that they are both more versatile offensive threats than they are pure RBs.

Ryan Green, Duke Johnson, and Ray Lewis III are 3 RBs that had a similar style at the HS level. I think all 3 are BCS caliber players, but I think Green is more RL3 than he is Duke Johnson.

With all that said, I wouldn't be shocked if Green proved me wrong (wouldn't be the first time) and I can see him being most successful outside of a pure RB role.

I think you have lost your mind putting Green anywhere near the name RL3. If RL3 was anywhere close to Green you would be penciling him in as the back up RB not a project at safety. Ryan Green and Cook are similar size both very explosive. I think it is actually a pretty good comparison. Cook will probably end up being rated about the same as Green when its all said and done.

Advertisement
And what an insult by Luginbill towards Cook in the little caption for his video it says something like "Could be the next Ryan Green"

That's a joke, Ryan Green is a scat back/slot that dropped everything thrown his way in the all-star game.

I think Green is going to be pretty **** good. He said that because they are both explosive. You also have to remember Green didn't play most of his Sr season because he got injured.

I'm obviously using some hyperbole in hating on Green. But, a.) I don't think Green and Cook are similar types of backs and b.) I think Green will be solid as a change of pace back, but I was never that impressed with him.

My feelings about Green were from before he was a nole commit. Back last year when Miami offered him, some people were hyping him up, but I didn't see it. I think there are about 10 RBs each year out of Florida that are as good or better than Green. He is definitely a BCS caliber talent, but I think he was overrated. I think Cook is a phenom type of offensive weapon that doesn't come out of the HS ranks every year. I guess the comparison could stand in that they are both more versatile offensive threats than they are pure RBs.

Ryan Green, Duke Johnson, and Ray Lewis III are 3 RBs that had a similar style at the HS level. I think all 3 are BCS caliber players, but I think Green is more RL3 than he is Duke Johnson.

With all that said, I wouldn't be shocked if Green proved me wrong (wouldn't be the first time) and I can see him being most successful outside of a pure RB role.

I think you have lost your mind putting Green anywhere near the name RL3. If RL3 was anywhere close to Green you would be penciling him in as the back up RB not a project at safety. Ryan Green and Cook are similar size both very explosive. I think it is actually a pretty good comparison. Cook will probably end up being rated about the same as Green when its all said and done.

Agree to disagree. I don't think he is RL3, I think he is closer to that than he is to Duke Johnson. And I think Green is smaller frame wise from Cook.

I'm down on Green relative to the consensus. I'm aware of that. He wasn't a top 5 RB in FL for the 2013 recruiting class IMO.

I literally laughed out loud when I read that by him. Seriously RL3 is nowhere near the names he threw out..

By the time Cook is done with his senior season, it will be laughable to compare Ryan Green to him. Green is no RL3 but he is no Cook either, not even really that close.

I literally laughed out loud when I read that by him. Seriously RL3 is nowhere near the names he threw out..

All "had a similar style at the HS level".

I established a spectrum of players that had similar roles/styles/size on their teams. On the left is Duke (elite), on the right is RL3 (good HS player). Along that spectrum, I maintain that Green falls to the right of the middle (closer to RL3 than to Duke).

Didn't think I would have to explain that having 2 names in the same sentence doesn't mean I'm in any way equating the 2.

Advertisement

All "had a similar style at the HS level".

I established a spectrum of players that had similar roles/styles/size on their teams. On the left is Duke (elite), on the right is RL3 (good HS player). Along that spectrum, I maintain that Green falls to the right of the middle (closer to RL3 than to Duke).

Didn't think I would have to explain that having 2 names in the same sentence doesn't mean I'm in any way equating the 2.

That's fine and all but I don't see anything similar. Jmo.

By the time Cook is done with his senior season, it will be laughable to compare Ryan Green to him. Green is no RL3 but he is no Cook either, not even really that close.
What are you going to compare it to since Green didnt play his Sr season? Both will be ranked as the top APB in the country out of high school

That's fine and all but I don't see anything similar. Jmo.

Duke Johnson 2011 Season:
listed height/weight: 5'9 188
208 rush attempts for 2087 yards 29 rTDs
against 5A south Florida competition
*was invited to and played in the Under Armour AA game where he started and played at RB

Ryan Green 2011 Season (was injured for majority of 2012 season)
5'10 187
115 rush attempts for 1282 yards and 16 rTDs
Played 3A North Florida competition (weak comp)
*was invited to and played in the Under Armour AA game where, even though he was invited as a RB, they ended up putting him at slot WR because of his skillset and having other RBs they prioritized to give carries to (he just so happened to drop just about every ball thrown his way)

Ray Lewis III
listed height/weight: 5'10 185
190 rush attempts for 1898 yards and 20 rushing TDs
played 2A Central Florida competition (weak comp)
*Was invited to the Semper Fi All Star game where, even though he was invited as a RB, they ended up putting him at slot WR because of his skillset and having other RBs they prioritized to give carries to

Besides the comparison of these measurables, their running styles and versatile roles are similar. None are power RBs. All are shifty. I maintain Cook's running style isn't too comparable to these three. And if we were to put Cook on this spectrum, it would have to be much closer to Duke than I would put Green. That was the premise for this whole debate that has taken a strange turn down the road of misunderstanding

DISCLAIMER: I am not putting any of these three in the same class. I am maintaining that they are more prone to comparison than Cook is with any of them because their styles and roles are similar. And within that comparison, I maintain that Green is closer to RL3 talent wise than he is to Duke Johnson.

Advertisement
Based on some of the Cook Highlights I wouldn't say he can't be compared to D[]_[]KE, as far as his skill set. I think he's a good ways behind D[]_[]KE but, I could understand a position that placed him near that elite category. I don't know anything about Green 'cept he ain't a Cane so he can get ****ed. I do get that you are trying to range his ceiling between an unbelievable talent (D[]_[]KE) and a likely moderate player in RL3.

What are you going to compare it to since Green didnt play his Sr season? Both will be ranked as the top APB in the country out of high school

Why do I have to compare him to anyone? What is the obsession?

Advertisement
Back