Miami NFTC updates

Advertisement
I wonder what his real accurate height/weight is. Looks like he's got a ton of room to get bigger.

Glad all the big time kids went out there to compete. Usually this kind of event just attracts the kids who are tryna get noticed. Not the ones who already have a rep intact. I am interested to see which kids from SoFla get invited to the opening in Oregon..We should have the most by far out of any area..

Advertisement
MIKE SMITH is my want in the class.

Kid just seems to have that quick twitch, edge to him.......i think he is like 6'2 205-210. But mostly played de, kid is trying to earn that offer because Uncle Luke apparently has moved him to Linebacker.....if this guy shows he can work in space how he rushes the passer...good lord...we have another Gabe Terry type on our hands.....

As a pass rusher he is Bruce Irvin 2.....not just how he looks...but dude plays exactly like him...slithery end that gets upfield in a hurry..god i hated blocking those types when i played Tackle in college.

Advertisement
Look at Darling's feet....Big mover...look out on our two bookends of Mcdermott and Darling.....to go with Linder as a Center...Sweet.

Clark like i thought will be a space eater type...hes gained weight....but still looks solid.....hes a guy that probably doesnt need a shirt though an can rotate ina few plays as a true fresh.

Holmes....BIG TIME....love getting sta wr's anyway...we need to be hard on that kid.

Advertisement
Look at Darling's feet....Big mover...look out on our two bookends of Mcdermott and Darling.....to go with Linder as a Center...Sweet.

Clark like i thought will be a space eater type...hes gained weight....but still looks solid.....hes a guy that probably doesnt need a shirt though an can rotate ina few plays as a true fresh.

Holmes....BIG TIME....love getting sta wr's anyway...we need to be hard on that kid.

What I love about Clark is that he has everything you want from a space eater type (BIG, strong, doesn't get moved-he does the moving) but he also has pass-rush and penetration ability. He might be my favorite recruit this cycle.

Something about Holmes has me iffy. He def looks nice. Just not sure I see him as special. It almost looks to me like he is lacking a little in core strength, leading to less than ideal body control in and out of his breaks (I dunno)

And what an insult by Luginbill towards Cook in the little caption for his video it says something like "Could be the next Ryan Green"

That's a joke, Ryan Green is a scat back/slot that dropped everything thrown his way in the all-star game.

Clark and Darling are two mutant monsters. We need nastiness like that on our DL/OL lines.

Advertisement
And what an insult by Luginbill towards Cook in the little caption for his video it says something like "Could be the next Ryan Green"

That's a joke, Ryan Green is a scat back/slot that dropped everything thrown his way in the all-star game.

I think Green is going to be pretty **** good. He said that because they are both explosive. You also have to remember Green didn't play most of his Sr season because he got injured.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds
South Florida Express QB Sean White, LB Richard Yeargin and DB Chris Lammons all won MVP at NFTC Miami today. #sfe

I think Green is going to be pretty **** good. He said that because they are both explosive. You also have to remember Green didn't play most of his Sr season because he got injured.

I'm obviously using some hyperbole in hating on Green. But, a.) I don't think Green and Cook are similar types of backs and b.) I think Green will be solid as a change of pace back, but I was never that impressed with him.

My feelings about Green were from before he was a nole commit. Back last year when Miami offered him, some people were hyping him up, but I didn't see it. I think there are about 10 RBs each year out of Florida that are as good or better than Green. He is definitely a BCS caliber talent, but I think he was overrated. I think Cook is a phenom type of offensive weapon that doesn't come out of the HS ranks every year. I guess the comparison could stand in that they are both more versatile offensive threats than they are pure RBs.

Ryan Green, Duke Johnson, and Ray Lewis III are 3 RBs that had a similar style at the HS level. I think all 3 are BCS caliber players, but I think Green is more RL3 than he is Duke Johnson.

With all that said, I wouldn't be shocked if Green proved me wrong (wouldn't be the first time) and I can see him being most successful outside of a pure RB role.

Advertisement
Back