Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

The funny thing is, the macros are actually super stringent with production because they want the most consistent product and that’s hard to do with beer, especially when you’re making millions of barrels. It’s why every Coors or Bud you drink always tastes the same regardless of what year it is. It’s just that they want a consistently bland product. It’s mostly because Americans don’t really like the taste of beer. Bland macros dominate sales and people have to drink them ice cold so they have as little flavor as possible. Then when they drink something like a stout or an IPA, they say “eew this doesn’t taste like beer” nah, homie you’re just used to drinking watery light lagers and Pilsner styles that are purposely brewed to have as little flavor as possible.
Beer that tasts watery can go right in the bin.

Advertisement
Beer that tasts watery can go right in the bin.
There’s a place for it. Usually I’ll only drink watery beers when I know it’s going to be a long day and I’m not trying to get hammered. Maybe an early tailgate or an all day boating excursion. I’m a craft guy but if I drink 5 or 6 9% beers, I’ll be pretty drunk.

There’s a place for it. Usually I’ll only drink watery beers when I know it’s going to be a long day and I’m not trying to get hammered. Maybe an early tailgate or an all day boating excursion. I’m a craft guy but if I drink 5 or 6 9% beers, I’ll be pretty drunk.
Drinking beer just for the taste is a mindset Germans dont pursue.

Negotiations were over my man, if I cared enough I'd pull up D$'s thread announcing the swing and miss.
That was after he announced for the draft. I was clear the entire time there was a realistic chance he’d pull out of the draft and only entered so early to assure getting an invite to the all star games. D$ and myself also said Miami wouldn’t stop pressing him until the cut off. A few days before he committed I posted we’d know for sure regardless by weekends end. So negotiations never ended and there was always contact.

That was after he announced for the draft. I was clear the entire time there was a realistic chance he’d pull out of the draft and only entered so early to assure getting an invite to the all star games. D$ and myself also said Miami wouldn’t stop pressing him until the cut off. A few days before he committed I posted we’d know for sure regardless by weekends end. So negotiations never ended and there was always contact.
You don't need to defend yourself, anybody that can read & retain what they read, knows this is exactly how it went down.

Advertisement
You don't need to defend yourself, anybody that can read & retain what they read, knows this is exactly how it went down.
Not defending myself but more stating what happened. I was making jokes right after the announcement that Mario wasn’t moving on from Cam until the kill date for the draft. Cam had multiple reasons for entering the draft , one being what I mentioned about all all star games but it would be naive to think leverage wasn’t involved with UM. I just never bought him passing on the guaranteed money for so much uncertainty with the draft / finances.

Last edited:
Bro, that's gonna be the overwhelming minority of people. Don't forget how mad a lot of people get when his predictions of what a 17 year old might do aren't perfect. He shouldn't need to, but the hater brigade keeps their pitchforks at the ready.

I am Slovak American and had a great Uncle who was a very successful bar owner in Bethlehem PA. I have a picture of the bar from about 1910 where my grandmother was serving four Slovak steelworkers beer. It is distinctively a darker color, at least that of Sam Adams.

1708526131913.png

Last edited:
I was going to mention him but even he wasn’t the proven commodity that Ward is. Ward has been lighting up P5 defenses while King did most of his work against USFs and Tulsas. Don’t get me wrong, King was great and I loved him here but there was a noticeable drop-off from his production at Houston when he stepped up in competition. I expect Ward to at least repeat his production from WSU here. If not improve.
Love King

Ward kinda reminds me of a bigger more talented version. We will see how it plays out but I think Ward is the better QB

Advertisement
What do you recommend? What's a good Bavarian, Bender Beer? There a few places locally that stock a ton of imports.

What do you recommend? What's a good Bavarian, Bender Beer? There a few places locally that stock a ton of imports.
I love Busch light. I'll shotgun 6 of them in your face, and then throw empties at you both the rest of the day. Not saying you're doing it, but beer snobs are the worst. We're all aiming for the same target. #cheers

I love Busch light. I'll shotgun 6 of them in your face, and then throw empties at you both the rest of the day. Not saying you're doing it, but beer snobs are the worst. We're all aiming for the same target. #cheers
My brother if you're just trying to get drunk, I might suggest stepping up from 4% beers. I mean just drink liquor at that point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The funny thing is, the macros are actually super stringent with production because they want the most consistent product and that’s hard to do with beer, especially when you’re making millions of barrels. It’s why every Coors or Bud you drink always tastes the same regardless of what year it is. It’s just that they want a consistently bland product. It’s mostly because Americans don’t really like the taste of beer. Bland macros dominate sales and people have to drink them ice cold so they have as little flavor as possible. Then when they drink something like a stout or an IPA, they say “eew this doesn’t taste like beer” nah, homie you’re just used to drinking watery light lagers and Pilsner styles that are purposely brewed to have as little flavor as possible.
Sam Adams Oktoberfest flavor varies from year to year. Most people never notice.

My brother if you're just trying to get drunk, I might suggest stepping up from 4% beers. I mean just drink liquor at that point.
You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning. There is no human in the world who can drink liquor or 9% beers all day and make it out alive. All beers have a place! Haha

Advertisement
Back