Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
Advertisement
You really are one of my fave posters 🫱🏿🫲
IMG_2461.gif

All of the regular MOPES are awfully quiet. I have searched high and low for them…..and nothing. Pussies will ALWAYS be pussies. We now know who you are. GO CANES!
What about the irregular mopes, such as myself?

But seriously, no one should be down about this news. No one. Well, no Miami fan. Mario still has a lot to do to be a better game day coach, but bringing in top talent gives him some options.

I will have my doubts about his game day coaching until he improves. Let's face it, we all knew he could recruit. We also all knew he had to improve as a game day coach. That improvement needs to take a major step forward this year. We all WANT to be on the Mario train. We all WANT to have a successful head coach for 20 years. What none of us want is a coach that can bring in talent, but never win anything with it. That, or have one good season out of 6. I want us to be consistently very good. I want us in some kind of title hunt every year, in November.

Now that the playoffs will have 12 teams, we should have a real chance to be one of those top 12 teams. He needs to get us there, or his seat will get very hot. ****, and coach at any program that has playoff expectations now will face more pressure to get in there. I expect a lot of unexpected hot seats next year.

For this irregular mope, I hope and pray Mario is not one of them. Time to meet, or even exceed, expectations.

I gotta admit, I'm shocked Cam is putting his future in Mario's hands. I thought Mario had done too much damage to his reputation with QBs after the TVD decline/fiasco. I guess I was wrong about that.

I'll say this, I hope that Cam has been given assurances that this is Dawson's offense and Mario will be hands off of Cam's development and Dawson's scheme and play calling. Cam came to play in Dawson's offense and to be developed by Dawson. He wants to play behind Mario's OL and with Mario's talent on a team that Mario leads. But he wants Dawson to coach/develop him and call his offense.

Also, and this is an longshot, but I'd hope Cam made Mario promise that he wouldn't call anymore timeouts either 😂. But that's unlikely.
In my humble opinion, Mario had to make some sort of deal with him. Something like, "Listen, we were handcuffed last season by a QB with injury and mental toughness issues. Not to mention decision making. With you, we will be able to open it up a **** of a lot more."

Advertisement
Canes roster was comparable to Michigan & Tennessee while Wazzu was battling the ******* Minutemen of UMASS for 76th.. The more I dig into it, the more Im impressed. His past season was the bizzaro TVD.
The comparison is not that straightforward. Not to take anything from what Ward did or what his ceiling can be but ****ert identifies and develops talent (and Ward masked a lot of deficiencies to boot). He’s a good coach.

UMass’s “talent” ranking is a bunch of washouts and tweeners, including some of our own. Their best players were nobody 1500-2500 ranked players in the composite and one transfer from DII ball in Texas. That doesn’t show up in those ratings rankings, they’re getting Mark Pope’s HS grade.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back