Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
Advertisement
I get both sides. I just want us to get along a lil better, is all. Im pretty sure the Wards, and/or extended family-friends, are reading this thread like " ****, is anyone going to be happy about fam".

We have more vitriol for each other than we do rival fanbases.

Very fair points. I hope our loyal fans will show the love this spring and this fall, and that any negativity will become a distant memory.

There's vitriol on other boards too. I try to share it on Gator Tears and Seminole Tears.

Nah, it ain't that complicated.

More like...

---Be whatever type of fan you want
---Don't make the board a cesspool of misery
---Act like a man and stop being a ***** with non-stop whining

Simple.

You do realize when you derail the thread to call out said mopes you're making the board a cesspool of misery and acting like a whining ***** as well, right?

Yall have derailed tf outta this thread with this BS. Thats the point im trying to convey here. Yall look like the **** mopes.

So basically " **** this good news & congratulating Cam, Mario, and UM. I gotta get back at these mopes for moping in a mopiverse and in turn look like a mope myself"

Yall pulling receipts and **** dont even know yall have become the very thing you despise, a Mope 🤷🏿‍♂️
I do both, I'm a multi tasker lol.

And nope, I'm pretty stoked to land Ward - not moping at all. Not sure how the **** you're equivocating the two lol...

Advertisement
You do realize when you derail the thread to call out said mopes you're making the board a cesspool of misery and acting like a whining ***** as well, right?

Yall have derailed tf outta this thread with ghis BS. Thats the point im trying to convey here. Yall look like the **** mopes.
You do realize in spending 3 pages calling out the peacocks - you've become the exact thing you're railing against? lol...

Self-awareness bro.

Im not a mope or a slurp. Not one person has called me out. Not one person can pull a receipt on me.

I am very even keeled. I give props when due, i give criticism when due. I never go over the top of either side of the fence.
Make your own side thread to do all this feminine **** is what im saying.

Dont do it on the headlining commitment thread.

Dude, even @DMoney dunked on cway. :LOL:

But you make some good points. I'd never let my emotions prevent me from being honest in that regard.

So, we riding on our enemies both domestic and abroad now or we still got some mopes?

1705245622921.png

Advertisement

Yall have derailed tf outta this thread with this BS. Thats the point im trying to convey here. Yall look like the **** mopes.

You're entitled to your opinion. We could keep going into deeper levels of Inception by criticizing the criticism of the critics, but I'm gonna let it go.

I tend to start small and general when calling out mopes, and then I escalate when someone doth protest too much. I'm willing to let cway off the hook, but honesty goes a long way towards forgiveness.

For now, I'm going to enjoy this recruiting win and confirm my Hogtown hotel room for August. Oh, and make my plans to drive down to Talla-*******-hassee in March.

Go Canes!

You're entitled to your opinion. We could keep going into deeper levels of Inception by criticizing the criticism of the critics, but I'm gonna let it go.

I tend to start small and general when calling out mopes, and then I escalate when someone doth protest too much. I'm willing to let cway off the hook, but honesty goes a long way towards forgiveness.

For now, I'm going to enjoy this recruiting win and confirm my Hogtown hotel room for August. Oh, and make my plans to drive down to Talla-*******-hassee in March.

Go Canes!
let it go GIF

Absolutely this. Ward was sacked 39 freaking times and never folded. In fact he was statistically the same or better under duress. Dude got sacked 6 times v Oregon and threw for 430 yards. 6 times v Cal and threw for 354 and 3 TDs. And when they actually did give him time? Sacked once v Oregon St. and threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs at an 82.4% completion. In fact the only game he was never sacked was Northern Colorado and he threw 4 TDs at 72% completion, ran for another, and threw for 325 yards IN THE FIRST HALF.

Dude is great under pressure and otherworldly with time.
Bingo. Realistically, for his situation and surrounding talent….. was there a QB in America who did more with less?

Advertisement
Post like this are weird.

So you want people to be happy during the questionable and terrible times AND the great times?

Naturally, humans mope during times of sorrow and hype during times of glee.
This thread is less about Cams commitment and more about measuring d*ccks. Why are yall taking away from the shine to pull weak a$$ receipts?

The only people who can even flex are the insiders. The rest of yall didnt know a **** thing and was just as upset bout the lack of commitment and it showed in the Poff thread. We dont wanna play " pull the receipts".

So please pipe down.

This is an open forum and people can post whatever they want but, as we know, sometimes it goes beyond the boundaries of fair criticism and rises to a level of disrespect for whatever reasons or biases people have.

We all have our own way of regulating fairness or responding to what we believe is unwarranted acrimony towards coaches and players in the program or fellow posters.

I don't tell people what they can or can't say to each other on the site or how they should feel about our program, but you can do you.

What I'll do is critically challenge their beliefs or simply remind those truly fickle and unsavory characters of what they've already said; not a victory lap or dik-measuring and much better than telling people to 'swallow the **** you left in their wife.'

So you can feel free to "pull the receipts" over here; each poster is but an aggregate of what they've chosen to anonymously express on this site and should stand on what they say.

Advertisement
I think Luke starts in 26
It's possible, but I don't see it that way.

The formula is to redshirt year 1. Backup year 2. Starter year 3.

It all depends on how things play out in the next 2 years. Jaccuri has 3 years. Emory 4 with a redshirt. Poff has 2 years.

If Jaccuri's development matches his physical talent, he could be the starter in 2025 and 2026.

Emory could be they guy in 2026 if he waits it out.

Then there's Judd. Who knows what he'll develop into.

If Poff beats out Jaccuri, then Jaccuri transfers. Poff runs out of eligibility after 2025, and Luke would battle Judd and maybe Emory for QB1 in 2026.

Nobody knows how it's going to play out.

Look at this year's NFL draft of QBs. Just 2 years ago, the only QB you could say would be a 1st round draft pick is Caleb Williams.

Nobody expected Daniels, Penix, or Nix to develop into top NFL draft prospects.

Even going back to Joe Boroughs a few years ago. He was just ok his 1st transfer year at LSU. Then he lit it up in year 2 after several years on the bench at Ohio State.

I'm big on Jaccuri. I just don't know if he'll get what he needs at Miami. He has all the physical talent. The same physical talent as a Josh Allen. He needs to be taught "the art of quarterbacking" as Steve Young would say.

You just don't know when it going to click for any of the QBs.

Last edited:
Posts like this are weird.

You don't listen. You don't comprehend.

Nobody asked for "people to be happy during the questionable and terrible times". That is not how Mopes are defined.

Rather, the Mopes repetitively engage in toxic name-calling and negativity in every thread, regardless of whether Miami has good news or bad.

How about this, you stop expressing your personal opinion for 5 minutes and survey the landscape over the past month. Within ONE MONTH of signing the #3 recruiting class to Miami, Mario Ithe coach) and Miami (the program) have been picked apart by the Mopes because TWO PEOPLE either delayed their decisions (Ward) or made a tough 51-49 decision (Smith).

Don't just look at individual posters. Don't just look at individual posts. Look at the BIG PICTURE.

---No quarterback with any talent wants to play for Mario
---All of the Mario name-calling
---All of the mischaracterizations of what was happening behind the scenes, and attacks on insiders when the TIMING of announcements doesn't line up

And how about this, don't try to redefine the description of Mopers to include "hype during times of glee". That's just bull****. I can take you back to a thread a few months ago where a player was recognized for something positive and it was IMMEDIATELY filled with Mopers talking about how a small positive story like that wasn't helping us win more games. None of the Mopes were "hyping during times of glee".

Finally, please don't generalize the behavior of others when you want to comment on what I've posted. I have been very consistent throughout the entire process. When people were criticizing Poffenbarger and saying that our failure to sign more WRs was "The Poffenbarger Effect", I spoke against that. I knew what Mario and the collective were working on, and sometimes things take more time than we'd like to grant.

So, yes, there is going to be a limited period of time when I pull receipts. ****, even Cribby and DMoney have pulled a couple in the last 24 hours, though I am not nearly as classy as them and I will not exercise nearly as much receipt-pulling restraint as those gentlemen do.

well said.

Advertisement
Back